Executive pay... what was YOUR raise this year???

+/- $43,000. OK +/- $15,000. $25-28k of it was used to construct those 4 new cabins to create that increase.
Gotta keep up with that non-existent inflation !

I didn't claim that I do.

I did state that if you want to help, it isn't done through using the government to rob those you're jealous of.

Mother Teresa didn't spend her time demanding that those who had more then she be robbed, she actually went and took action.

See the difference?

I'm sure those things help, robbing others doesn't.

When do you find time to demand that those who do better than you be robbed?

That is your privilege, taking from others to give to the charity of your choice is not.

well... then I guess it's my privilege to disagree with you. Funny thing about America... huh? Because I don't call it robbing when the people we are talking about would still be living in the lap of luxury if they gave their employees a decent wage.

You just want labor to take it up the ass... sodomite.

Ummm no. The problem is idiots like you just don't get how the business world works. When you work for someone else, the skills you provide them have value. A value determined by the market. That value does not increase or decrease based on how much money the company you work for takes in or how much executives choose to pay themselves.

Stop making such asinine arguments like there are people who actually want others to suffer. There has to be a semi logical portion of your brain that knows what a stupid argument that is. Your entire argument is based on this falacy that people who work for someone else deserve x to maintain x standard of living because.....well just because I guess. I really don't know how else it's get into your idiot brain. PEOPLE ARE NOT COMPENSATED BASED ON WHAT THEY NEED OR THE ON THE STANDARD OF LIVING THEY WOULD LIKE TO HAVE. DO you fucking get it yet? That means all of your bullshit about people being screwed is meaningless. The ONLY way a person's pay goes up is if the value of what they do increases. Unless you can make a valid case that all these people are supposedly being screwed have done just that, I highly suggest YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP and join us all in the real world.

Wow... another vomiter... how droll. Demand dumb ass... that's the key. You outsource jobs, layoff American workers, expect the ones that remain to pick up the slack of the laid off ones, have a "race to the bottom" as far as wages and benefits are concerned... what the FUCK do you thing happens to people's disposable income? Oh yeah.... it decreases... in turn DEMAND decreases... what do these people do as a result? Shop for CHEAP foreign goods... those same goods that put them out of a job to begin with... they put it on CREDIT CARDS because they don't have the cash. Banks are perpetuating all of this because EASY CREDIT is artificially raising the appearance of DEMAND.

I could go on... but you're to fuckin' stupid to understand... The bottom line is that a well paid workforce is good for everyone.

well... then I guess it's my privilege to disagree with you. Funny thing about America... huh? Because I don't call it robbing when the people we are talking about would still be living in the lap of luxury if they gave their employees a decent wage.

You just want labor to take it up the ass... sodomite.

Ummm no. The problem is idiots like you just don't get how the business world works. When you work for someone else, the skills you provide them have value. A value determined by the market. That value does not increase or decrease based on how much money the company you work for takes in or how much executives choose to pay themselves.

Stop making such asinine arguments like there are people who actually want others to suffer. There has to be a semi logical portion of your brain that knows what a stupid argument that is. Your entire argument is based on this falacy that people who work for someone else deserve x to maintain x standard of living because.....well just because I guess. I really don't know how else it's get into your idiot brain. PEOPLE ARE NOT COMPENSATED BASED ON WHAT THEY NEED OR THE ON THE STANDARD OF LIVING THEY WOULD LIKE TO HAVE. DO you fucking get it yet? That means all of your bullshit about people being screwed is meaningless. The ONLY way a person's pay goes up is if the value of what they do increases. Unless you can make a valid case that all these people are supposedly being screwed have done just that, I highly suggest YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP and join us all in the real world.

Wow... another vomiter... how droll. Demand dumb ass... that's the key. You outsource jobs, layoff American workers, expect the ones that remain to pick up the slack of the laid off ones, have a "race to the bottom" as far as wages and benefits are concerned... what the FUCK do you thing happens to people's disposable income? Oh yeah.... it decreases... in turn DEMAND decreases... what do these people do as a result? Shop for CHEAP foreign goods... those same goods that put them out of a job to begin with... they put it on CREDIT CARDS because they don't have the cash. Banks are perpetuating all of this because EASY CREDIT is artificially raising the appearance of DEMAND.

I could go on... but you're to fuckin' stupid to understand... The bottom line is that a well paid workforce is good for everyone.

Yes a well paid workforce is indeed good for everyone. What you apparently don't get is that it is not someone elses job to make sure you are well paid. It's YOURS. Things change in the economy. Yes, some jobs will go overseas. Some will become obsolete or less valuable. Some more valuable. It's YOUR job to adapt to those changes, not someone elses to make sure you continue to make what you made or more despite the changes in the market.

Revealed: huge increase in executive pay for America's top bosses | Business | guardian.co.uk

I find it interesting that the UK papers are reporting this but I see nothing on any news feeds here in the US. Very interesting. Health insurance parasites...

The partners of my firm announced two weeks ago that due to the firm only making 97% of their projected profits for the year there will be no performance based raises, no profit sharing, and bonuses will be "heavily curbed"

In other words, "we are using this as an excuse to fuck you all this year and keep everything for ourselves"

Last edited:
The partners of my firm announced two weeks ago that due to the firm only making 97% of their projected profits for the year there will be no performance based raises, no profit sharing, and bonuses will be "heavily curbed"

In other words, "we are using this as an excuse to fuck you all this year and keep everything for ourselves"

And I would agree with your assesment.

But, your recourse is to join up to a group that is willing to go into competition with this firm. You make an investement and you get the risks/rewards.

In the end, the partners control the money. I would never do anything to change that. But that does not mean I would not take on companies where this kind of greed exists.

How do they keep you motivated to deliver 97% ?

One of the problems with today's worker is that he is willing to take the whip and not complain.

But, your recourse is to join up to a group that is willing to go into competition with this firm. You make an investement and you get the risks/rewards.

In the end, the partners control the money. I would never do anything to change that. But that does not mean I would not take on companies where this kind of greed exists.

One of the problems with today's worker is that he is willing to take the whip and not complain.

Yeah, they pulled this in 2008 which was understandable to everyone. Even still they felt bad and gave everyone and addition $1000 at XMas. But not this year and most everyone knows that their excuse is weak as all hell.

How do they keep us motivated?

They are trying to figure that out.

There's been a noticeable slowing down of productivity since the announcement and oodles of people being way more vocal than they should about putting out resumes and seeking other employment.

Yeah, they pulled this in 2008 which was understandable to everyone. Even still they felt bad and gave everyone and addition $1000 at XMas. But not this year and most everyone knows that their excuse is weak as all hell.

How do they keep us motivated?

They are trying to figure that out.

There's been a noticeable slowing down of productivity since the announcement and oodles of people being way more vocal than they should about putting out resumes and seeking other employment.

It ain't fun, but that is the market at work.

Somehow they got you to deliver 97% of objective. Now, if that objective is to low they should have said so.

I am more used to a proportional scale. Not a pass/fail kind of thing.

Owners like that are abusers (if what you say is true) and their better employees should be moving on.

Pay attention PaperPlate?

Now, that's funny.

Good one.

Gotta agree. PeePee and PaperPlate.

All in the same thread.

Kudo's guys. LOL

Personally I could care what some BOD decides to pay their CEO.

I got a raise this year and am doing just fine.

I won't waste my time being envious of someone else.

While I am not envious (these guys usually sell their souls to get there), I do get upset when they can be protected. There was a book about Roger Smith of GM (I think it was called "They call me Roger"....can't recall) that turned my stomach. The guy should have been drawn and quartered for what he did. And the BOD should have had their nuts cut off too.

But that is why I was against the bailouts of GM. They screwed up, their leadership overpromised and, together with the unions, they had become uncompetative. They should have been allowed to sink.

The market would have backfilled.

Now, that's funny.

Good one.

All in the same thread.

Kudo's guys. LOL

While I am not envious (these guys usually sell their souls to get there), I do get upset when they can be protected. There was a book about Roger Smith of GM (I think it was called "They call me Roger"....can't recall) that turned my stomach. The guy should have been drawn and quartered for what he did. And the BOD should have had their nuts cut off too.

But that is why I was against the bailouts of GM. They screwed up, their leadership overpromised and, together with the unions, they had become uncompetative. They should have been allowed to sink.

Correct.

And the irony of it all?

Ford, who had a very sound business model that allowed them to weather the storm were "punished" for smart business practices.

How?

By their competition splurging and failing and being given a boost up anyway.

And who gave them the bosst up?

People that pay taxes...many of them devoted Ford customers.

What is wrong with THAT picture?

I'm a CEO of a corporation, ya know?

I haven't given myself a raise in years and years.

I make exactly as much as every other paid employee, too.

Yeah yeah I know, there'll be pie in the sky when I die.

Still just in case that isn't true, I eat a lot of pie here on earth.

Would you say you put in more time into the success of your company than your salaried employees?

Did your salaried employees risk anything to get the company off the ground?

If you are sued as the owner of the company and lose....and you lose lots of money for it, will those salaried employees kick money in to help cover the losses?

If you are sued and win...but it costs you 100K in legal fees and you are unable to counter sue for punitive damages...will your employees understand your deducting their equal share of the costs?

Sure it does... everything involving labor does to you...you're brainwashed.

No... saying that charity is the ONLY matter of action and that's all that is needed is.

Only in your twisted mind are we on the brink of a "civil war"... drama queen.

The Communists are in the streets across the nation, congress is passing laws to take US Citizens without warrant or trial, the President is openly waging class warfare - but you don't think we are on the brink of civil war?

ROFL

Wake up sleeping ugly......

Now, that's funny.

Good one.

All in the same thread.

Kudo's guys. LOL

I agree that some of the CEO's are less than stirling individuals. But there are many good ones out there.

AS for GM I couldn't agree more. I wasn't for bailing out either GM or Chrysler. Those assholes got taxpayer dollars and they still went bankrupt.

That was all payback to the Unions. The folks who had money invested in GM and Chrysler got hosed. Folks with retirement, 401K's and money invested got hosed. The Unions made out like bandits. Sucks in my book

You are likely not the CEO of a large company.

Otherwise, you would not be on this board (just a guess on my part).

So I am not sure of the point of your post.

If you are not sticking it to the working class...good for you. Hopefully, you all win and lose together.

[I agree that some of the CEO's are less than stirling individuals. But there are many good ones out there.

Regardless.....

In my world, if a guy is making 20 million, that means somehow the market thinks he is worth it. I don't agree, but that is what happens.

People get pissed.

I always ask what does economics teach. It says that if someone is making that kind of money...someone will come in and offer to do the job for less...that is the nature of competition. But, the company isn't going to give itself out to the lowest bidder.

So the way you get that money (and the money of his next in liners) is to compete for it. Start your own company. Get aggresive.

Otherwise, you turn power over to them and suck on what they give you. They balance how much they give you with how much discomfort you would avoid if you stay (and not shop yourself around).

The market will take care of things. But, if people are not motivated to go into the market....well then it isn't as efficient.

Sure it does... everything involving labor does to you...you're brainwashed.

No... saying that charity is the ONLY matter of action and that's all that is needed is.

Only in your twisted mind are we on the brink of a "civil war"... drama queen.

The Communists are in the streets across the nation, congress is passing laws to take US Citizens without warrant or trial, the President is openly waging class warfare - but you don't think we are on the brink of civil war?

ROFL

Wake up sleeping ugly......

turn the channel. You'll see the fallacy of what you speak. Disgruntled, suffering people who have had their opportunities incredibly downsized and outsourced because of the ENTITLEMENT attitude of the wealthy are "communists"? I guess on FOX, they are.

I love the way "class warfare" is only one sided to people like you.... you're an idiot.

As far as the US citizen thing? I agree. But that's the only one of the three that isn't a right wing vomiting point(I won't even call this shit talking points anymore)

You are likely not the CEO of a large company.

Otherwise, you would not be on this board (just a guess on my part).

So I am not sure of the point of your post.

If you are not sticking it to the working class...good for you. Hopefully, you all win and lose together.

When a business owner loses...he loses by himself.

When he wins, he is greedy if he does not share his winnings with everyone.

[I agree that some of the CEO's are less than stirling individuals. But there are many good ones out there.

Regardless.....

In my world, if a guy is making 20 million, that means somehow the market thinks he is worth it. I don't agree, but that is what happens.

People get pissed.

I always ask what does economics teach. It says that if someone is making that kind of money...someone will come in and offer to do the job for less...that is the nature of competition. But, the company isn't going to give itself out to the lowest bidder.

So the way you get that money (and the money of his next in liners) is to compete for it. Start your own company. Get aggresive.

Otherwise, you turn power over to them and suck on what they give you. They balance how much they give you with how much discomfort you would avoid if you stay (and not shop yourself around).

The market will take care of things. But, if people are not motivated to go into the market....well then it isn't as efficient.

Actors and athletes.

Watch how they are marketed.

Now put a quality CEO in the same scenario.

That is the way captialism works.

Nothing wrong with it.

Forum List

Back