Execution Postponed

I knew this guy in Junior High School (called middle school these days I guess). He disappeared during my high school days. We all assumed he was killed in a drug deal.

Just learned of this today. He wants the chair over lethal injection.

Edmund Zagorski | Murderpedia, the encyclopedia of murderers

personally, I'd take the needle.

can you imagine sitting in the chair, getting right to the brink, and a power outage?

have to start all over again.

They say that choice is like drowning AND burning to death for up to 18 minutes. I'd beg for the firing squad.

This guy's been there for 34 years! Appealing execution. That's a record to me.

I lived near this guy. I remember like it was yesterday walking past his house with a friend and his mother came running out asking, "have you seen my boy?!" He'd been missing for weeks by this time. I always wondered what happened to him.

I knew this guy in Junior High School (called middle school these days I guess). He disappeared during my high school days. We all assumed he was killed in a drug deal.

can you imagine sitting in the chair, getting right to the brink, and a power outage?

I would insist the Guillotine or firing squad, I would want a certain Romanticism about my execution, I also would want my personal Priest with me and we could play Poker for one final time and also pre-execution I would want to read something by Lord Byron or perhaps Charles Baudelaire and for my last dinner I would have Lobster Thermidor, peach ice cream and several Martini's which I would want to mix myself.

If you read his story, it'd make a great movie. I remember he always had problems, was always a scammer and a liar and the murders he committed were against other greedy drug dealer wannabes, so I have little sympathy for them either.

State v. Zagorski

hanging is a good method if done right.....the rope lengths and all....i think the last hanging was in utah?

Billy Bailey (January 1947 – January 25, 1996) was a convicted murderer who was hanged in Delaware in 1996. He became only the third person to be hanged in the United States since 1965 (the previous two were Charles Rodman Campbell and Westley Allan Dodd, both in Washington) and the first person hanged in Delaware in 50 years.[2][3] As of 2018, he remains the last person to be executed by hanging in the United States.[

That is a bit unnerving I suppose; hopefully you were not friends. That would make it even worse.

I grew up just around the corner from this really great guy.
Danny Rolling - Wikipedia

Danny's Dad was a big asshole & so was Danny. I guess the apple don't fall to far.

Please do tell what you did to deserve such a fate; I'm all ears.

Stated my preference, should the occasion arrive.

Trouble reading?

from all the stuff i have read about executions.....the electric chair when maintained was the quickest method...seems the people who maintained them aged out and that is when the horror stories began.....i think the firing squad would be fast...better than being burned from the inside out with chemicals...

Execution Science: What's the Best Way to Kill a Person?
When I had to have my cat put out of his misery, as much as it pained me, he seemed to go peacefully (they said it was a peaceful death), but they use other chemicals for humans.

They use potassium chloride to stop the heart. That's what causes you to feel like you're burning alive.

Before a friend of mine died in 2016, she had to undergo massive potassium injections that lasted a long time. They were EXTREMELY painful to her and she had them regularly. She said it felt like she was being burned at the stake. Watching her go thru that was painful for me. The nurses said the dose she required would kill the average adult

Stated my preference, should the occasion arrive.

Trouble reading?

nope; I read just fine

well, you did state, "personally, I'd take the needle."

I saw no stipulations stating you were playing 'make believe'

I would insist the Guillotine or firing squad, I would want a certain Romanticism about my execution, I also would want my personal Priest with me and we could play Poker for one final time and also pre-execution I would want to read something by Lord Byron or perhaps Charles Baudelaire and for my last dinner I would have Lobster Thermidor, peach ice cream and several Martini's which I would want to mix myself.

They no longer get a last meal other than what the other inmates get.

They no longer get a last meal other than what the other inmates get.

Oh well they would allow me one or I would get my Papa to order the mortar shelling of the Prison Governors house :smoke:

Tomorrow's his big day. He got his wish. Hope he's at peace. BTW, the guy with the long hair they show twice isn't him. That was the last guy Tennessee executed. He murdered a 7 year old girl. Ed killed 2 greedy drug dealers.

Forum List

Back