Executed Illegal Shouts "Viva Mexico" in Texas

He also admitted to the rape and killing of the teenager even though his defense lawyer tried to play it as she died from falling down and hitting a rock while he was helping her after she was raped. Scumbag lawyer he knew he did it.

Um…that’s what’s ‘defense lawyers’ are supposed to do. He would be a ‘scumbag lawyer’ if he didn’t do everything possible on behalf of his client.

Or is it your position that criminal defendants are not entitled to a vigorous defense.

A vigorous defense is fine, as long as the lawyer doesn't knowingly mislead the jury in order to get a guilty person off.

He also admitted to the rape and killing of the teenager even though his defense lawyer tried to play it as she died from falling down and hitting a rock while he was helping her after she was raped. Scumbag lawyer he knew he did it.

Um…that’s what’s ‘defense lawyers’ are supposed to do. He would be a ‘scumbag lawyer’ if he didn’t do everything possible on behalf of his client.

Or is it your position that criminal defendants are not entitled to a vigorous defense.

An Honest Defense... Yes... What these Shitty Lawyers are doing?... No.

Anyway, he Dead. :thup:

:)

peace...

peace...

And good riddance.

peace...

And good riddance.

Bless you, Sister...

peace...

Dear Friends,
Since we are engaged in a Third World War (war on terrorism), I consider all illegal aliens military combatants and/or potential saboteurs of one kind or another. How many Americans, besides this teenager, have been slaughtered by illegal aliens? I bet the number is shocking. Obama can dismiss this incident as insignificant because his wife and daughters are surrounded by the finest security force in the world. He and his family have nothing to fear. I believe Leal's exclamation was a patriotic gesture made by a captured saboteur of Mexico who was about to die for his country. I applaud Texas for collecting and injecting these invaders of the United States. Furthermore, I think the United States should present Mexico with a bill covering Leal's incarceration expenses, as well as the cost of his prosecution and execution.

Last edited:
Granny says, "So?... sue us...
:tongue:
Texas execution broke international law: UN
Sun, Jul 10, 2011 - The US broke international law when it executed a Mexican citizen, the UN’s top human rights official said on Friday.
The Texas execution of Humberto Leal “raises particular legal concerns,” including whether he had access to consular services and a fair trial, UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay said. Leal Garcia was executed on Thursday evening for the 1994 rape and murder of a San Antonio teenager after his attorneys, supported also by the Mexican government and other diplomats, unsuccessfully sought a stay. Mexico’s government, US President Barack Obama’s administration and others wanted the US Supreme Court to stay the execution to allow Congress time to consider legislation that would require court reviews for condemned foreign nationals who are not offered the help of their consulates. The high court rejected the request 5-4.

Texas Governor Rick Perry also declined to block the execution. Texas, the US’ most active death penalty state, has executed other condemned foreign nationals who raised similar challenges, most recently in 2008. “Texas is not bound by a foreign court’s ruling. The US Supreme Court ruled in 2008 that the treaty was not binding on the states and that the president does not have the authority to order states to review cases of the then 51 foreign nationals on death row in the US,” said Katherine Cesinger, a spokeswoman for Perry. However, what Texas did also “places the US in breach of -international law,” said Pillay, who visited Mexico this week. “What the state of Texas has done in this case is imputable in law to the US and engages the United States’ international responsibility.”

Pillay said Perry and the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles each failed to exercise consular and fair-trial obligations — spelled out under the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations and an International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights — that could have prevented the US from breaching its obligations under international law. Pillay also cited a 2004 International Court of Justice ruling saying the US must review and reconsider the cases of 51 Mexican nationals — including Leal Garcia — who were sentenced to death. She said those reviews never happened. She said the execution undermined “the role of the International Court of Justice, and its ramifications are likely to spread far beyond Texas.”

Mexico’s foreign ministry has said in a statement it condemns the execution of Leal Garcia and has sent a note of protest to the US State Department. It said Mexico’s ambassador to the US, Arturo Sarukhan, also attempted to contact Perry, who refused to speak on the telephone. Leal Garcia, a 38-year-old mechanic, repeatedly apologized and then shouted: “Viva Mexico!” as the lethal drugs began taking effect on Thursday. He was sentenced to death for killing 16-year-old Adria Sauceda, whose brutalized nude body was found hours after the two left a street party.

Source

Last edited:
He was not executed for being an illegal immigrant. But he wasn't allowed all the protections he was supposed to have had under international treaties. It kind of gives one pause to think about Americans who are being held in foreign jails for, what to us, would be minor crimes.

I know there was a message in this, but what will the message be for us through our hikers in Iran? If we can violate international law...............

"Viva Mexico' my arse. He should have gone to live there. He could rape and kill and get away with it there!!! Want to commit atrocities and not pay the price? Stay in Mexico.

He was not executed for being an illegal immigrant. But he wasn't allowed all the protections he was supposed to have had under international treaties. It kind of gives one pause to think about Americans who are being held in foreign jails for, what to us, would be minor crimes.

I know there was a message in this, but what will the message be for us through our hikers in Iran? If we can violate international law...............

I guess you missed the part where the dude had been living here and deriving the benefits of American society since he was two years old.. Right???? so why didn't his parents take him home to their beloved Mexico? No suck off the tit of America til you get in trouble and then cry and scream about being a MExican citizen.. you guys are fucking nutz.

"Viva Mexico' my arse. He should have gone to live there. He could rape and kill and get away with it there!!! Want to commit atrocities and not pay the price? Stay in Mexico.

No he couldn't. The one crime they don't permit there is murder. Of course the drug cartels get away with it, but they are murdering the cops as well as anybody who gets in their way...it's not that Mexico "allows" it.

Of course Mexico does allow those who murder in this country to seek sanctuary in theirs and they usually don't allow us to extradite them and if a bounty hunter goes down there to get said murderer, Mexico demands that bounty hunter be handed over to face prosecution in Mexico and our stupid government complies.

Mexico has all but legally, declared war on the USA. Just look at my sig line. Look up the video and see it for yourself.

He can be a US citizen AND a Mexican, funny how that works isn't it? I want to know when we started accepting duel citizenship. I remember when I was 18, having been born on an American Air Force Base in England, I wasn't considered a citizen and had to become a naturalized citizen. They made me give up my English citizenship as our country then didn't accept duel citizenship. When, exactly, did that change?

He can be a US citizen AND a Mexican, funny how that works isn't it? I want to know when we started accepting duel citizenship. I remember when I was 18, having been born on an American Air Force Base in England, I wasn't considered a citizen and had to become a naturalized citizen. They made me give up my English citizenship as our country then didn't accept duel citizenship. When, exactly, did that change?

Well since he chose to suck off the American tit, we had to educate, medicate and incarcerate him,, we also get the luxury of executing him. He deserved it.

If you were born on a US military base then you were a citizen. You just weren't documented as such. All the parents of an American citizen born abroad has to do is take their child's documentation to an American Consulate and get the paperwork done. Someone must have advised your parents incorrectly.
Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240)

The birth of a child abroad to U.S. citizen parent(s) should be reported as soon as possible so that a Consular Report of Birth Abroad can be issued as an official record of the child’s claim to U.S. citizenship. Report the birth of your child abroad at the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.

A Consular Report of Birth can only be created at an American consular office overseas while the child is under age 18
An original Consular Report of Birth is given to the parent(s) at the time the report of birth is made and approved.
You may replace, amend or request multiple copies of a Consular Report of Birth at any time.

Birth of U.S. Citizens Abroad

What you describe is patently wrong. Why would an American ever enlist in the military if their children born abroad couldn't be citizens?

I guess you missed the part where the dude had been living here and deriving the benefits of American society since he was two years old.. Right???? so why didn't his parents take him home to their beloved Mexico? No suck off the tit of America til you get in trouble and then cry and scream about being a MExican citizen.. you guys are fucking nutz.

No, I didn't miss that part. He was executed for murder, not for being an illegal immigrant.

I have no problem with his execution. I have a problem with the procedural aspect of his trial and conviction. Under international law, he was supposed to have been able to contact his own Embassy but was not allowed to. I mean, I am not a freedom rider for the Mexicans. What I am thinking of here is US citizens who become incarcerated in other countries. If WE violate international law and execute foreigners, then why would OUR citizens detained in other countries expect any different?

The US has led the world getting much of the international law in place. If we are to be the lighthouse then we need to behave as the lighthouse should. I believe Texas went off half cocked here, and has caused problems for our citizens abroad. I doubt he would have met a different fate had he contacted his Embassy, but procedurally we would have been above criticism and/ or copying.

Personally, I am not even all that concerned about people who choose to leave our shores and violate laws of other countries. If they want to be fucktards that's their business. But travel abroad isn't all vacation. I have traveled abroad with professional groups for humanitarian work, and to attend my daughter's wedding. I am concerned about our citizens who are abroad for humanitarian purposes, mostly. If our citizens are to benefit from international treaties then the US needs to abide by those same treaties when it comes to other foreign nationals.

No, I didn't miss that part. He was executed for murder, not for being an illegal immigrant.

I have no problem with his execution. I have a problem with the procedural aspect of his trial and conviction. Under international law, he was supposed to have been able to contact his own Embassy but was not allowed to. I mean, I am not a freedom rider for the Mexicans. What I am thinking of here is US citizens who become incarcerated in other countries. If WE violate international law and execute foreigners, then why would OUR citizens detained in other countries expect any different?

The US has led the world getting much of the international law in place. If we are to be the lighthouse then we need to behave as the lighthouse should. I believe Texas went off half cocked here, and has caused problems for our citizens abroad. I doubt he would have met a different fate had he contacted his Embassy, but procedurally we would have been above criticism and/ or copying.

Personally, I am not even all that concerned about people who choose to leave our shores and violate laws of other countries. If they want to be fucktards that's their business. But travel abroad isn't all vacation. I have traveled abroad with professional groups for humanitarian work, and to attend my daughter's wedding. I am concerned about our citizens who are abroad for humanitarian purposes, mostly. If our citizens are to benefit from international treaties then the US needs to abide by those same treaties when it comes to other foreign nationals.

Don't be taken in by that he wasn't allowed crap.. Anyone in his family could have notified the Mexican consulate if they so desired.. Why didn't they?

I hate to burst your bubble honey but just because we do the right thing doesn't mean any other country on earth will do it also. Ask John McCain and any American who was a prisoner of war in a foreign land. They'll set you straight.

Didn't he claim to be a US citizen when arrested?

If you were born on a US military base then you were a citizen. You just weren't documented as such. All the parents of an American citizen born abroad has to do is take their child's documentation to an American Consulate and get the paperwork done. Someone must have advised your parents incorrectly.
Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240)

The birth of a child abroad to U.S. citizen parent(s) should be reported as soon as possible so that a Consular Report of Birth Abroad can be issued as an official record of the child’s claim to U.S. citizenship. Report the birth of your child abroad at the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.

A Consular Report of Birth can only be created at an American consular office overseas while the child is under age 18
An original Consular Report of Birth is given to the parent(s) at the time the report of birth is made and approved.
You may replace, amend or request multiple copies of a Consular Report of Birth at any time.

Birth of U.S. Citizens Abroad

What you describe is patently wrong. Why would an American ever enlist in the military if their children born abroad couldn't be citizens?

I've been through this before. When my brother, after having been in the military in Thailand during the Vietnam war wanted to bring his wife home, he was told he couldn't because he wasn't an American citizen. He was born on an Air Force Base in Japan. He and I now are both naturalized citizens and can't run for president and we have the paperwork to prove it.

Congress had to pass a special law to make John McCain eligible, don't know if that included the rest of us.

The truth is that our government is fascist and obeys only those laws it decides to. When my mother asked immigration "Why are you doing this?" they answered that they didn't want him to bring his wife here so they were making it as difficult as possible.

It cost my brother $thousands and over a year to get his wife here LEGALLY. I can't believe how many people believe because you sneak across our border you should automatically be granted legal status.

Forum List

Back