Exclusive: Paul Ryan Quietly Requested Obamacare Cash

What’s also sad is that if it weren’t for this tea party idiocy and radical right nonsense, Young Mr. Ryan might have been a responsible and effective representative of his constituents.

sounds like conservatives are REAL sensitive about this thread...

:rofl:

yea, dude.. your kind SURE ARE cavaliers of truth in politics!

:rofl:

you just can't make this shit up.

did he request funding... or SPECIFICALLY request it via Obamacare?

Let me help you out.

"I support the Kenosha Community Center, Inc's grant application for the New Access Points funding opportunity..." -- Paul Ryan

New Access Point Grant Application Technical Assistance

The Affordable Care Act provides $11 billion in funding for the operation, expansion and construction of health centers throughout the nation over the next five years. Of the $11 billion, $1.5 billion will support major construction and renovation projects at health centers nationwide and $9.5 billion will create new health center sites in medically underserved areas and expand preventive and primary health care services, including oral health, behavioral health, pharmacy, and/or enabling services, at existing health center sites.

The New Access Point (NAP) funding opportunity is the first grant announcement for health centers under the Affordable Care Act. The NAP is a competitive Health Center Program funding opportunity to support new full-time service delivery site(s) for the provision of comprehensive primary and preventive health care services including oral and behavioral health services. New access points address the unique and significant barriers to affordable and accessible primary health care services for the specific population and/or community targeted by the applicants.

Any other questions?

Let me help you out.

"I support the Kenosha Community Center, Inc's grant application for the New Access Points funding opportunity..." -- Paul Ryan

The Affordable Care Act provides $11 billion in funding for the operation, expansion and construction of health centers throughout the nation over the next five years. Of the $11 billion, $1.5 billion will support major construction and renovation projects at health centers nationwide and $9.5 billion will create new health center sites in medically underserved areas and expand preventive and primary health care services, including oral health, behavioral health, pharmacy, and/or enabling services, at existing health center sites.

The New Access Point (NAP) funding opportunity is the first grant announcement for health centers under the Affordable Care Act. The NAP is a competitive Health Center Program funding opportunity to support new full-time service delivery site(s) for the provision of comprehensive primary and preventive health care services including oral and behavioral health services. New access points address the unique and significant barriers to affordable and accessible primary health care services for the specific population and/or community targeted by the applicants.

Any other questions?

Thank you. You're the first one in this thread to actually do what I asked, and that was prove the funding in the Ryan request would have been coming from Obamacare.

As GB says above, the funding was to come from the New Access Point Grant program... HSRA 11-017...
https://grants.hrsa.gov/webExternal/FundingOppDetails.asp?FundingCycleId=450970E7-563E-4D2D-A021-5C775F7F614E&ViewMode=EU&GoBack=&PrintMode=&OnlineAvailabilityFlag=&pageNumber=&version=&NC=&Popup=
as mentioned in the letter itself. The link shows this was indeed under Obamacare, and that it was prior to the deadline listed on my linked page.

So, in short, GB actually DID prove the funding Ryan was requesting was indeed from Obamacare. Well done GB.

Unlike most of the others in this thread, I am man enough to admit I was wrong. Pos rep for GB given.

Ryan is a ginormous, hypocritical douche so this should come as no shock to anyone.

This is the same guy who whined about Obama not implementing budget reforms that he led the charge to kill.

I really enjoyed Conservative's tantrum. Good times.

Let me help you out.

Any other questions?

Thank you. You're the first one in this thread to actually do what I asked, and that was prove the funding in the Ryan request would have been coming from Obamacare.

As GB says above, the funding was to come from the New Access Point Grant program... HSRA 11-017...
https://grants.hrsa.gov/webExternal/FundingOppDetails.asp?FundingCycleId=450970E7-563E-4D2D-A021-5C775F7F614E&ViewMode=EU&GoBack=&PrintMode=&OnlineAvailabilityFlag=&pageNumber=&version=&NC=&Popup=
as mentioned in the letter itself. The link shows this was indeed under Obamacare, and that it was prior to the deadline listed on my linked page.

So, in short, GB actually DID prove the funding Ryan was requesting was indeed from Obamacare. Well done GB.

Unlike most of the others in this thread, I am man enough to admit I was wrong. Pos rep for GB given.

i trusted green would come in here and prove the OP correct.Sure you can admit you are wrong but up until that you act like an ass.

In all the hullaballoo over whether Ryan asked for the money or not (he did), the point seems to have been lost.

Ryan claims on TV to oppose Obamacare but he doesn't oppose constructing and expanding health centers. So he doesn't really oppose Obamacare. He opposes this or that piece of it (I'm not even sure which anymore). He opposes an abstraction, not the reality of change in our health system. This notion that somehow we have to tear everything down and "start over" to fix whatever his grievances are is obviously not the case.

Obamacare is comprehensive health reform. So we'll continue building and bolstering health centers for those who need them. And we'll do a lot more besides. You've got better ideas, put 'em in. But there's no turning back now.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back