Exclusive: Paul Ryan Quietly Requested Obamacare Cash

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By Lee Fang

Republican vice-presidential candidate Paul Ryan is barnstorming the country, promising to repeal every provision of the Affordable Care Act if the Romney-Ryan ticket is elected. But a letter he wrote to the Obama administration may undermine this message.

On December 10, 2010, Ryan penned a letter to the Department of Health and Human Services to recommend a grant application for the Kenosha Community Health Center, Inc to develop a new facility in Racine, Wisconsin, an area within Ryan’s district. “The proposed new facility, the Belle City Neighborhood Health Center, will serve both the preventative and comprehensive primary healthcare needs of thousands of new patients of all ages who are currently without healthcare,” Ryan wrote.

(See letter in link below)

The grant Ryan requested was funded directly by the Affordable Care Act, better known simply as healthcare reform or Obamacare.

The letter, among several obtained by The Nation and The Investigative Fund through a Freedom of Information Act request, is a stark reminder that even the most ardent opponents of Obamacare privately acknowledge many of the law’s benefits.

More: Exclusive: Paul Ryan Quietly Requested Obamacare Cash | The Nation

Got to get something for the constituents, even while attempting to screw all of them. This is a repeated pattern among GOP candidates. Damn the stimulas, and apply for benefits from it. Damn the Healthcare Act, and do their best to get some of the money for hospitals from it. Even when they intend to close those hospitals down if they win.

yep - vote against it but have your picture taken at the ribbon cutting.

Lying hypocritical Bastards.

How did it work out? Did the democrat federal government authorize a health care grant for a republican district? I guess not.

did he request funding... or SPECIFICALLY request it via Obamacare?

Also, anything from a real news source and not a libtard blog?

EDIT:

Never mind, dumb asses... I found the answer.

THe letter was to the HRSA, which has been dealing with grant proposals on health related issues since 1982... slightly before Obamacare.

In other words, the letter had ZERO to do with Obamacare.

end dumb ass thread/

Last edited:
Ryan first denied responsibility for the stimulus grant requests, but later confessed that his office had sent the letters.

Republicans have praised Ryan for his willingness to embrace unpopular cuts to government programs and for being a “consistent conservative.” The fact that Ryan has privately pleaded with the Obama administration for government grants from the president’s signature policy accomplishments, however, could unravel that conceit.

... but later confessed that his office had sent the letters.

why send the letters in the first place if he then denys having sent them when they become public?

- typical "Wisconsin" Republican ....

EDIT:

THe letter was to the HRSA, which has been dealing with grant proposals on health related issues since 1982... slightly before Obamacare.

end dumb ass thread/

http://www.thenation.com/sites/default/files/105018842-Nation-Paul-Ryan-Letter.pdf

gop-stupid.jpg

Ryan first denied responsibility for the stimulus grant requests, but later confessed that his office had sent the letters.

so why did he first deny sending the letters ???

EDIT:

end dumb ass thread/

http://www.thenation.com/sites/default/files/105018842-Nation-Paul-Ryan-Letter.pdf

I saw the letter, dumb ass. It makes ZERO mention of Obamacare. He made the appeal to the same department at HHS that has been in charge of those issues since 1982... just as he legally should have.

End dumb ass thread.

It really doesn't bother libtards to completely fabricate shit, does it. Sad.

point out the lie.why dont you go make another thread about attendance.

I saw the letter, dumb ass. It makes ZERO mention of Obamacare. He made the appeal to the same department at HHS that has been in charge of those issues since 1982... just as he legally should have.

End dumb ass thread.

EDIT:

end dumb ass thread/

End dumb ass thread.

Federally funded health clinics have long provided a broad range of vital medical, dental and mental health services to underprivileged communities across the country, regardless of a persons’ ability to pay. To meet the goal of expanding coverage, the Affordable Care Act provides for a sweeping expansion of such clinics, including $9.5 billion for operating costs to existing community health centers and $1.5 billion for new construction.
:eusa_whistle:

End dumb ass thread.

Federally funded health clinics have long provided a broad range of vital medical, dental and mental health services to underprivileged communities across the country, regardless of a persons’ ability to pay. To meet the goal of expanding coverage, the Affordable Care Act provides for a sweeping expansion of such clinics, including $9.5 billion for operating costs to existing community health centers and $1.5 billion for new construction.

that's nice. Now show me in the letter where he asked for funding from Obamacare, or show me something official stating the requested funding would ONLY be available via Obamacare.

End dumb ass thread.

that's nice. Now show me in the letter where he asked for funding from Obamacare, or show me something official stating the requested funding would ONLY be available via Obamacare.

oh boy, you are going for this angle huh? The literal defense.
Why would Ryan deny then admit he did send the letter?

thats guilt. but you defend your little crush.

End dumb ass thread.

HHS oversees Obamacare. The grant Ryan requested was funded directly by the Affordable Care Act, better known simply as healthcare reform or Obamacare

Forum List

Back