Exclusion of GOProud from CPAC - A black eye on the Conservative Movement

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
On the gay marriage and don't ask don't tell debate all I hear from conservatiave is its not about homophobia, its about preserving marriage and preserving the military. Yet you have a Gay GOP (yes I know how that sounds) group and they are being excluded from CPAC because they are composed of faggots!

It's horrendous and disgusting that these gay conservatives are being excluded because hetrosexual conservatives are too homophobic to accept them! I am ashamed by this as an AMERICAN and conservative!

I have know a bunch of gays in my life, some have been cousins and an aunt. I saw no difference in their morals, kindness or decision making simply because they were gay.

In 2011, I still can't believe the majority of the conservative movement is still so homophobic.

NOTE: To Palin credit she came out for GOProud's inclusion of the event!

GOProud out at annual summit of conservatives
WASHINGTON – The homosexual activist group GOProud, whose inclusion in the Conservative Political Action Conference here last year and last week stirred controversy within the largest annual conservative gathering, will not be welcomed back next year, sources tell WND.

Some of the nation's biggest conservative organizations withdrew from participation over the inclusion of GOProud and other factors. Those groups include the Heritage Foundation, Media Research Center, Family Research Council and Concerned Women for America.

In addition, the board of American Conservative Union, CPAC's host organization, shook up the leadership and staff of the event for next year. David Keene, longtime chairman of the group, is moving on, to be replaced by Al Cardenas, who promised days ago a "comprehensive vetting process on each CPAC participant."

He said he wanted to make certain that longtime supporters of the conservative movement, such as those at the Heritage Foundation, are brought "back into the fold."

Now a source has confirmed that a board vote has been taken that will realign plans for those who participate next year to exclude homosexual advocacy, although details had not been released.

A spokeswoman at the ACU promised WND a statement regarding the new position, but it had not arrived yet.
The event's move to include homosexual advocacy had raised the ire of those whose support is directed to conservative financial management of the nation, conservative security policy, conservative social goals and the like.

"We will no longer be involved with CPAC because of the organization's financial mismanagement and movement away from conservative principles," Tom McClusky, senior vice president for FRC Action, said earlier.

CWA President Penny Nancy said her organization withdrew "in part because of GOProud."

Being anti-gay marriage is not being anti-gay, nor does being pro DADT mean one is anti-gay.

Marriage is the union of one man and one woman, ordained by God, for the procreation of children. That's the Catholic view of marriage. That is my view of marriage. That is why I don't support gay marriage. I do, however, support equal rights for gay people.

Being anti-gay marriage is not being anti-gay, nor does being pro DADT mean one is anti-gay.

Marriage is the union of one man and one woman, ordained by God, for the procreation of children. That's the Catholic view of marriage. That is my view of marriage. That is why I don't support gay marriage. I do, however, support equal rights for gay people.

True and that is the argument I accepted when people argued against DADT and Gay marriage and then I see this. They disallow a gay GOP group, because they are gay. That is unacceptable in my mind!

Forum List

Back