Exclusion of GOProud from CPAC - A black eye on the Conservative Movement

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GHook93, Feb 14, 2011.

1. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,924
    On the gay marriage and don't ask don't tell debate all I hear from conservatiave is its not about homophobia, its about preserving marriage and preserving the military. Yet you have a Gay GOP (yes I know how that sounds) group and they are being excluded from CPAC because they are composed of faggots!

It's horrendous and disgusting that these gay conservatives are being excluded because hetrosexual conservatives are too homophobic to accept them! I am ashamed by this as an AMERICAN and conservative!

I have know a bunch of gays in my life, some have been cousins and an aunt. I saw no difference in their morals, kindness or decision making simply because they were gay.

In 2011, I still can't believe the majority of the conservative movement is still so homophobic.

NOTE: To Palin credit she came out for GOProud's inclusion of the event!

2. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Being anti-gay marriage is not being anti-gay, nor does being pro DADT mean one is anti-gay.

Marriage is the union of one man and one woman, ordained by God, for the procreation of children. That's the Catholic view of marriage. That is my view of marriage. That is why I don't support gay marriage. I do, however, support equal rights for gay people.

3. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,924
    True and that is the argument I accepted when people argued against DADT and Gay marriage and then I see this. They disallow a gay GOP group, because they are gay. That is unacceptable in my mind!

4. bodecea

bodecea Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,636
    And people wonder why gays still choose to vote Democrat even when Obama does not fulfill all his promises to gay voters (tho I do notice DADT gone).