Exchange of enclaves

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
Wow! What an event!

---

For the 14,215 residents of the 37 Bangladeshi enclaves in India, August 1, 2015 is a very significant day — on this day, they become Indian citizens. Ending decades of wait, India and Bangladesh are set to start implementing their landmark Land Boundary Agreement from Saturday. Most dwelling units in Cooch Behar’s Mashaldanga area are getting fresh paint for the ceremony to be held on Saturday to mark the historical moment. The spirits of the people are also at an all time high. Abdur Rahman, an enclave resident, said: “At midnight, when the entire country will be sleeping, we would be too excited to do the same, as we will feel the true sense of freedom — 68 years after India became independent.” Claiming that two generations were lost to this official limbo, he added: “It is very difficult to explain how it feels when one can walk outside the enclave without the fear of being apprehended by the BSF.” For youths like Afarul Haque, who had to be smuggled out of Bengal so he can take up a job in Rajasthan — August 1 means the beginning of a new life. “I had to use fake documents to get admission in school, where I learnt about the fundamental rights that an Indian citizen enjoys. This included right to employment. Now, I will be able to exercise this right and not feel insecure while taking up a job,” he said. - See more at: Exchange of enclaves Over 14 000 people await new identities recognition The Indian Express

uhm.......... don't make fun of me-------the small area will become part of INDIA?----so why are you calling it a "bangla-deshi" enclave? do not explain BENGAL to me--------I got that explanation years ago--------from a west Bengali.------is this little area sorta being tagged onto Indian, west Bengal or it is already a part but refugees from bangla desh were "enclaved" there? (????) I have a reason for asking----
WORDS are important-------a few years ago by mistake----I referred to the homeland of a Bangladeshi as "Pakistan" (yes----I am that old) and the young man and his lady sorta got hysterical

uhm.......... don't make fun of me-------the small area will become part of INDIA?----so why are you calling it a "bangla-deshi" enclave? do not explain BENGAL to me--------I got that explanation years ago--------from a west Bengali.------is this little area sorta being tagged onto Indian, west Bengal or it is already a part but refugees from bangla desh were "enclaved" there? (????) I have a reason for asking----
WORDS are important-------a few years ago by mistake----I referred to the homeland of a Bangladeshi as "Pakistan" (yes----I am that old) and the young man and his lady sorta got hysterical

I have never made fun of you to the best of my knowledge even when you called me a Nazi idiot.

India's partition was a big mess because it was promoted by people who were corrupt to the core. To cut the long story short, there were Indian enclaves inside Bangladesh and vice versa. It was because Indic population found itself trapped in what became East Pakistan. Similarly, Muslims found themselves in the similar situation inside India. It was a nightmare to patrol and enforce the border in this kind of situation. So India and Bangladesh (erstwhile East Pakistan) decided to exchange those enclaves. I think it is a good idea. People in those enclaves are free to become citizens of either country.

I have never made fun of you to the best of my knowledge even when you called me a Nazi idiot.

India's partition was a big mess because it was promoted by people who were corrupt to the core. To cut the long story short, there were Indian enclaves inside Bangladesh and vice versa. It was because Indic population found itself trapped in what became East Pakistan. Similarly, Muslims found themselves in the similar situation inside India. It was a nightmare to patrol and enforce the border in this kind of situation. So India and Bangladesh (erstwhile East Pakistan) decided to exchange those enclaves. I think it is a good idea. People in those enclaves are free to become citizens of either country.

People living in the same little areas of land will be EITHER a citizen of India or Bangladesh??? that does not seem like a reasonable idea-----uhm---to me----
obviously ----I am not Mahatma Gandhi

People living in the same little areas of land will be EITHER a citizen of India or Bangladesh??? that does not seem like a reasonable idea-----uhm---to me----

You can try to be like him. There is no harm in trying. You are a fairly good person. All you have to do is not call Prophet Muhammad names and don't generalize people. That will be a good start.

You can try to be like him. There is no harm in trying. You are a fairly good person. All you have to do is not call Prophet Muhammad names and don't generalize people. That will be a good start.

I never generalize-------and I insist on throwing the same language back that I have heard from the followers of muhummad and which they have tossed about for centuries------I can say bad words now-----I am not a little girl anymore. The unfortunate reality is that failure to respond to aggression and filth does not deter it. I did believe that lie as a child. The good news is that I have learned lots of words in Arabic. The filth is accelerating and its unbridled and unanswered use EXCITES people----something like a pep rally excites football players------a primitive idea but true.

I never generalize-------and I insist on throwing the same language back that I have heard from the followers of muhummad and which they have tossed about for centuries------I can say bad words now-----I am not a little girl anymore. The unfortunate reality is that failure to respond to aggression and filth does not deter it. I did believe that lie as a child. The good news is that I have learned lots of words in Arabic. The filth is accelerating and its unbridled and unanswered use EXCITES people----something like a pep rally excites football players------a primitive idea but true.

The majority of Bangladeshi Muslims I have interacted with are very moderate and modern thinking people. They do not hate Hindus or Jews or Buddhists or any other non Muslim groups for the most part. They do have radical element that wants to overtake Bangladesh but so far people of Bangladesh have been successful at keeping them in check.

irosie91

Here is an interview of Indira Gandhi in 1971 on events that led to liberation of Bangladesh as a new nation.

irosie91

Here is an interview of Indira Gandhi in 1971 on events that led to liberation of Bangladesh as a new nation.

my speakers have failed-------but thanks anyway----some day....... I had a little job in a large hospital in 1971----and friendly with several Pakistani docs------
one of them noticed me pouring over published news events----pictures of the
displaced------and commented
"DON'T BLAME ME" -------you say LIBERATED?-----he was damned annoyed-----claimed he lost some land holdings (????) I kinda shrugged as in "who cares" I have never met anyone who had anything positive to say about that war or their residual opinion of the "other side"-----seemed to me (long distance) like a really messy affair that never healed

^ Once your speakers start to work, this will be a good watch if you have few minutes. This is a documentary which describes events that led to liberation of Bangladesh.

1971 Indo Pak War - RARE VIDEO

INDO-PAK war ----1971 ??? sheeeesh-----to my mind that's a libel.
India did not fight with Pakistan ----either west or east------as far as I know,
It was a Pakistani civil war-----west vs east. uhm ----comments to the
contrary to my mind were propaganda. (no speakers----but "sheeesh"
anyway)

Forum List

Back