Excellent Video

Anyone who stands on the side of the road with a cardboard sign has given up. I have no sympathy for quitters.

That's nothing. Wait until the next generation has to payoff our bills and they have no bottomless deficit to fall back on.

That depends on the situation. If they refuse to give up the needle then yes. I don't see the purpose of a vet showing me his VFW card and then telling me he needs some money for food - two blocks away from the VFW where he's always going to get a meal and even a few beers. I told that guy to get in the car and as we were driving I told him where i was taking him.

"Oh I don't like the food there." :uhoh3:

Then there was the guy I met last week who said he'd been homeless for 3 years and flew here looking for work and couldn't find any. I asked him if he tried the many citrus plants because it's picking season and he said, "that's for the Mexicans." So this guy is capable enough to take a plane to Florida, supposedly desperate enough to panhandle but won't pick fruit? But I still felt he deserved a meal so I offered to walk with him across the street and buy him lunch. He had the same answer:

"I don't like the food there."

What do you think should be done in those situations?

Well first, I don't look at poor people and see losers who won't work. I see people JUST LIKE ME who have problems, and need and DESERVE my help.

Addiction is a terrible, difficult problem and I have no easy answers. I commend you for getting involved with these people face to face......but do you really think a vet would be an addict if he had never seen combat? The problems of these men and women are more complex, and they are just as deserving of help.

I realize that you do not know asterism, but you know me, and I am telling you that if ANYONE helps, it would be him.

He does seem compassionate, Kat....and I did commend him for his face to face interaction with these people. That's not something most of us do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOWrqR_QFfg

Pretty much how I feel.

What is your reaction?

I think the guy has a hit record! It was pretty clear when they said it is a jobless recovery, when the war roared for 8 years, when Wallstreet, Banks, & CEOs took your money and run, when the Gulf filled with oil and no one yelled enough is enough, when millions had no jobs, when republicans shared their dreams of prosperity and thousand died and were maimed.

Last edited:

Pretty much how I feel.

What is your reaction?

Thank God for unions.

Yes, thank god for unions and it's members with jobs. They have united power against the Corporate Beast, while the rugged individual is weak, unorganized, and easy prey to CEOs who have no allegiance and make money out sourcing your jobs. Amazingly, your reaction is to attack Unions who make a living wage and benefits for their families. How sad for you.

That's nothing. Wait until the next generation has to payoff our bills and they have no bottomless deficit to fall back on.

Oh, the generation of bitter children who will be adjusting your drip and handing you pills? The best answer for them is to get rid of us.

boo fuckin' hoo.

Pick up a hammer or a shovel and rebuild your life and quit sticking your fucking hand out waiting for some miracle man to save you.

Is that your reply to disabled veterans as well?

good grief,:eusa_hand: disabled VETS don't have to be told that, they just do it.

Tell that to those who run "Stand Down" here in San Diego to help the hundreds if not thousands of homeless and disabled VETS here.

We dun have to agree on what would solve these sorts of problems. But it would be great if we could agree that the people suffering are Americans and deserve to have some help.

They'll have stand in line behind all the people in foreign countries we buy food and guns for. Next.

Pretty much how I feel.

What is your reaction?

Thank God for unions.

Yes, thank god for unions and it's members with jobs. They have united power against the Corporate Beast, while the rugged individual is weak, unorganized, and easy prey to CEOs who have no allegiance and make money out sourcing your jobs. Amazingly, your reaction is to attack Unions who make a living wage and benefits for their families. How sad for you.
Yeah thank god the unions broke the back of every industry they are involved in , now they will bring down the government with their pension bubble .
Cant wait.

Pretty much how I feel.

What is your reaction?

Thank God for unions.

Wake from your stupor long enough to see that unions are selling out the new hires and are moving overseas to trick a new capitalist labor market into the same trap.

Forum List

Back