Excellent "Oh CRAP!" crash sequence...motorcyle squidliness

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Ever seen a squid tossed on the ground? Looks pretty gross, all flattened and slimy. That's what happens when dumbasses go riding:

1) without Appropriate safety gear
2) above their ability.

:(

Attachments

• $crashsequence2.jpg
    $crashsequence2.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 115
-=d=- said:
.... That's what happens when dumbasses go riding:

1) without Appropriate safety gear
2) above their ability.
3) When there are cars on the road. THEIR drivers are [at least part of]the problems.

I'll bet that header pipe is going to be hot on his "boys" when he hits it. :shocked:

-=d=- said:
how do you know it wasnt?

because if you look at the picture at the moment of impact the car is touching the bike and both his legs are up in the air above the bike and the hood...

Sir Evil said:
Seems to me that most of these kids driving these bikes now adays have no good road skills to begin with. The majority around here run the roads as if there is nobody else around. Unfortunately I have seen all too many accidents involving these road racers when I worked for the highway dept., even so once decapitated! good fun on an afternoon drive.:rolleyes:

Don't take that personal D just because you have a bike like that, I'm referring to my local roads!

that reminds me of the story my wife the paramedic in hawii told me about the guy and girl in swim suits that crashed and slid on their stomaches for 100' or so resulting in a moment of confusion of who was which sex as the naughty bits had all been sand papered off

Looks like some shots from a road they call The Tail of the Dragon (Deal's Gap).....lots of video from there, too.

First look, and I got him pegged as an idiot...NO SOCKS, Tennis shoes, and not wearing the correct jacket for protection, either....

Nature's way of weeding out the stupid!

manu1959 said:
because if you look at the picture at the moment of impact the car is touching the bike and both his legs are up in the air above the bike and the hood...

The photos are quite real. KillBoy showed, previously, (I can't double check from work) where not much damage was done, as both the car and bike had slowed dramatically prior to impact.

Fmr jarhead said:
Looks like some shots from a road they call The Tail of the Dragon (Deal's Gap).....lots of video from there, too.

First look, and I got him pegged as an idiot...NO SOCKS, Tennis shoes, and not wearing the correct jacket for protection, either....

Nature's way of weeding out the stupid!

That is indeed the location...The Dragon is NO Place for a squid. :(

His visor is up, too!.

-=d=- said:
The photos are quite real. KillBoy showed, previously, (I can't double check from work) where not much damage was done, as both the car and bike had slowed dramatically prior to impact.

He probably would have been fine if he didn't try to keep the brakes on while cornering...

Clearly not a very smart kid. (Helmet=good, tennis shoes=bad)

no1tovote4 said:
He probably would have been fine if he didn't try to keep the brakes on while cornering...

Clearly not a very smart kid. (Helmet=good, tennis shoes=bad)

Right - had he eased off, and leaned the bike over, he likely could have made it.

-=d=- said:
Right - had he eased off, and leaned the bike over, he likely could have made it.

From the pictures it looks like it may have been near to his first ride. It appears to me that he was taking the corner fine until he saw the car, then panicked and put on brakes to slow down while cornering. This, of course, stands him up and straightens out the bike making him go directly toward what he tried to avoid.

manu1959 said:
that reminds me of the story my wife the paramedic in hawii told me about the guy and girl in swim suits that crashed and slid on their stomaches for 100' or so resulting in a moment of confusion of who was which sex as the naughty bits had all been sand papered off

I bet that stings!

:smoke:

New Topics

Forum List

Back