Excellent moderate Republican

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
Too bad moderate Republicans are becoming an endangered species. As many here know, I'm not too keen on "The Party of No :eusa_snooty: " but I've followed this man's career for the last 20 yrs. Looks like he'll get reelected no matter that the T-Party wants him replaced. Just found out his challenger's name today:

Primary challenger Mourdock rips Sen. Lugar for focusing on foreign affairs - The Hill's Ballot Box
Lugar is known in Washington as a foreign affairs maven and sits as ranking member on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. He was first elected to the Senate in 1976 and won a sixth term in 2006 with 87 percent of the vote. The last time he received less than 60 percent of the vote was in 1982.
Who else is going to focus on foreign affairs in the Republican party given that, all of a sudden, they're isolationists :uhoh3: :eusa_whistle: Good luck knocking him off T-Partiers :doubt:

Too bad moderate Republicans are becoming an endangered species. As many here know, I'm not too keen on "The Party of No :eusa_snooty: " but I've followed this man's career for the last 20 yrs. Looks like he'll get reelected no matter that the T-Party wants him replaced. Just found out his challenger's name today:

Leftwingers love RINOs, because when they prevail, everyone can pretend we've had a two-party contest. "Moderates" themselves represent the ass-end of the american polity - I'd prefer a foaming-at-the-mouth leftwinger any day over a "moderate".

Forum List

Back