~Excedrin Migraine~

Dabs

~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
I get headaches a lot...and the only thing that works well...without a doctor's prescription...is Excedrin Migraine.
I always stock up on stuff..and I had a few bottles of the Excedrin Migraine..and I am down to my last bottle and when I went to the store, I found out Excedrin was recalled.....WTF??
I didn't even know.....anyone know why it was recalled??

Trials for New, Long-acting Drugs Cut Frequency of Migraine Headaches...
cool.gif

New, Long-acting Drugs Cut Frequency of Migraine Headaches in Trials
November 29, 2017 - New, long-acting drugs may offer hope to millions of people who suffer from migraines. Studies of two of these medicines, given as shots every month or so, found they cut the frequency of the notoriously painful and disabling headaches.
The drugs are the first preventive medicines developed specifically for migraines. They work by interfering with a substance involved in modifying nerve signaling and progression of pain and symptoms. "It's a whole new direction" for treatment and an important advance for people who don't want to take or aren't helped by the daily pills sometimes used now to prevent recurrences, said Dr. Andrew Hershey, neurology chief at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center.

FCC5847F-9CD7-4288-8D96-ABF9CAE10B43_w1023_r1_s.jpg

Migraines plague more than a billion people worldwide. They're more severe than an ordinary headache and can leave people unable to work or do even simple things,​

He had no role in the research but has tested other migraine drugs and wrote a commentary published with the studies Wednesday by the New England Journal of Medicine. Migraines plague more than a billion people worldwide, more than 38 million in the U.S. alone. They're more severe than an ordinary headache — throbbing, squeezing pain and pressure, often accompanied by vision problems, sensitivity to light, noise or smells, and nausea. They can leave people unable to work or do simple things like cooking or even holding a conversation.

What studies show

One study tested erenumab, from Amgen and Novartis, in about 900 people who averaged eight migraines a month. Nearly half had already tried other preventive medicines. For six months, they were given monthly shots into the abdomen of a high dose of the drug, a low dose or a dummy medicine. The number of days they suffered migraines each month dropped by three to four in the drug groups and nearly two in the placebo group. Half of the patients on the higher dose saw their migraine days cut at least in half. "I very definitely benefited," said Anne Vickers, who got the lower dose through one of the study leaders at Mercy Hospital St. Louis in Missouri. "I can have anywhere from 15 to 18 headaches per month, and probably five of those days are migraines," but that dropped 40 percent on the drug, she said. "I have three kids, so for me it meant having more days when I was able to live my everyday life, cook a meal at home, go to events at school."

The second study tested fremanezumab, from Teva Pharmaceutical, for chronic migraines, defined as headaches on 15 or more days per month, at least eight of them migraines. About 1,000 patients were given monthly shots for three months: One-third got the drug each time, another third got the drug the first time and then dummy shots the next two times, and the rest got dummy shots each time. Monthly headache days dropped by four to five in the groups given the drug and by two to three for those given dummy treatments.

The caveats

Stop taking Big Pharma's crap and stop believing that is the answer.

It is likely a nutritional deficiency in your diet. You should try a magnesium supplement. If you aren't taking lots of vitamins, start. Improve your diet and migraines will likely disappear. They did for me.

You should spend time on Dr. Saul's website as it will greatly inform you on the tremendous benefits of vitamin therapy.
Andrew W. Saul Interviewed by Nancy Desjardins

Magnesium and Migraine Prevention | American Migraine Foundation

Forum List

Back