Examples of the Prophet's sayings

:gives:

Why would I give a fuck about what a failed Christian Muslim heretic thinks about me? You're proud of me? Why? Are you trying to say that you're my father? Don't think that's possible dude.....after all......I actually have testicles unlike you.

So, bite my ass Sucking Mouse.
I see your back to form!!!! :cuckoo:

As opposed to fundamentalist Judeaism?

Both seem fairly bronze age to me to be perfectly honest.

Is there such a thing as "fundamentalist" Judaism at all?

After all it was Judaism that pointed out that a human embryo wasn't a human being and therefore research using embryonic stem cells wasn't morally bad. Now that's a religion that's in touch with contemporary thinking and not locked into a mediaevalist mindset on that issue. It's possibly because Judaism encourages inquiry as opposed to mindless obedience.

But to the topic at hand - well, the topic as it has come up anyway - the treatment of women in Islamic societies. Just a question or two. In those societies which apparently treat women very badly, is it a case of that cultural attitude being place before or after Islam came to it? I sort of wonder about that. I mean, if those mores pre-existed Islam then it's entirely possible that Islam was worked into the existing culture and made to fit what was prevailing. It's a bit like how Christianity was introduced into England and it picked up existing pagan customs and worked them into Christianity.

Forum List

Back