Examining Black Loyalty to Democrats

I live in the USA. When I was growing up, my father paid a marginal income tax rate of damned near 90% and he was STILL able to grow his law practice and amass his wealth in real estate with that sort of tax burden.. and he NEVER complained that, as a wealthy successful professional who had benefitted so much from living in these United States, he had to pay more taxes than people less fortunate.

Bullshit. I guarantee you that your father never paid anywhere near that rate. He found the loopholes that allowed him to get away with paying far less, just like every other person does. I also assure you that having a 90% tax obligation did not satisfy him in any way, shape, or form.

How the voting broke down on the 1968 Civil Rights Bill

By party and region

Note: "Southern", as used in this section, refers to members of Congress from the eleven states that made up the Confederate States of America in the American Civil War. "Northern" refers to members from the other 39 states, regardless of the geographic location of those states.
The original House version:

..............................................Yeah- nay
  • Southern Democrats: 7-87 (7%-93%)
  • Southern Republicans: 0-10 (0%-100%)
  • Northern Democrats: 145-9 (94%-6%)
  • Northern Republicans: 138-24 (85%-15%)
The Senate version:
  • Southern Democrats: 1-20 (5%-95%)
  • Southern Republicans: 0-1 (0%-100%)
  • Northern Democrats: 45-1 (98%-2%)
  • Northern Republicans: 27-5 (84%-16%)
Nuff said?

Black voters have traditionally supported DEMS in our lifetimes because of how Republicans and Democratic officials and elected leaders have acted toward Blacks in our lifetimes.

What puzzles me is why ANYBODY (regardless of race) in the working classes has voted for EITHER party in the last couple decades.

The exceptions within the working classes whose continued support of the duelopoly does not puzzle me are those among us who are tools of either party.

For example, those 870,000 or so people who are now holding TOP SECRET security status.

Their continued support of the system at least does make sense to me.

They definitely do understand what hand is feeding them.

As to the rest of you partisans?

You guys I don't get.

Why was the Civil Rights Act of 1956 blocked and who was responsible for blocking it?

Why was the Civil Rights Act of 1958 blocked and who was responsible for blocking it?

Get real.

I live in the USA. When I was growing up, my father paid a marginal income tax rate of damned near 90% and he was STILL able to grow his law practice and amass his wealth in real estate with that sort of tax burden.. and he NEVER complained that, as a wealthy successful professional who had benefitted so much from living in these United States, he had to pay more taxes than people less fortunate.

Bullshit. I guarantee you that your father never paid anywhere near that rate. He found the loopholes that allowed him to get away with paying far less, just like every other person does. I also assure you that having a 90% tax obligation did not satisfy him in any way, shape, or form.
point one. you can't guarantee SHIT about MY father. got it? good.

my father paid all the tax that he was legally required to pay in an era where the marginal tax rate was nearly triple what it is today... and he still made a shitload of money and paid to have three of his four kids go to college. (I went to a service academy and didn't NEED his help) Would he have been HAPPIER if his tax rate were lower? I think he probably would, but NOT if he knew that, by getting more than he needed, many Americans would have had to get by with less than they needed. My dad was an extremely altruistic liberal democrat. I am quite proud of him for that. :)

I call any tax cut for the wealthy the same thing, practically... effectively, as a hand out. They had gotten wealthy paying a certain tax rate and then, even though they didn't NEED a tax cut and could have continued to live opulent life styles if the tax rates had remained unchanged, Dubya gave them a handout at the very same time that he was running a war off the books that sunk us in red ink. Yeah... the rich got a handout when we really couldn't afford to give them one... and even the GOP folks who WROTE the tax cut legislation wrote it so that it would expire... they KNEW that it was too good to be true, but they gave it away to folks who didn't need it anyway. A handout. If it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck...it's a duck.
Then you believe ALL money belongs to the government.

you clearly don't have a fucking CLUE as to what I believe.
I'm beginning to wonder if you do... :lol:

And as I said, if you don't LIKE living in a democratic society where the majority rules, please feel free to leave.
Funny how that sentiment doesn't apply to the left's pet issues like gay marriage, huh?

who said that didn't apply? I firmly believe in majority rule along with the protection of the rights of the minority. If you don't WANT to marry another man, I think you should have every right to NOT do so. Absolutely. With regards to taxation, if you don't WANT to pay your fair share of taxes, then, by all means don't. And when we come to throw your scofflaw ass in jail, don't whine either.
:lol: Hey, you know what? Your tax dollars funded Bush's illegal war of choice for oil based on lies.

:rofl:

back in the days of 70% ish marginal rates, credit card interest was deductable as was car lone interest. So giving the marginal rate without the effective rate is faux histeria.

back in the days of 70% ish marginal rates, credit card interest was deductable as was car lone interest. So giving the marginal rate without the effective rate is faux histeria.

thats beyond a simple misspelling like your other misspellings...that is pure uneducated stupidness :lol:

no way you have an mba and don't know how to spell loan

thats beyond a simple misspelling like your other misspellings...that is pure uneducated stupidness :lol:

spelling nazi! Somebody got billed for THAT bit of pettiness!:razz:

did you know that Einstein was an atrocious speller? I bet you'd call him uneducated and stupid as well, eh yurt?

Funny how that sentiment doesn't apply to the left's pet issues like gay marriage, huh?

who said that didn't apply? I firmly believe in majority rule along with the protection of the rights of the minority. If you don't WANT to marry another man, I think you should have every right to NOT do so. Absolutely. With regards to taxation, if you don't WANT to pay your fair share of taxes, then, by all means don't. And when we come to throw your scofflaw ass in jail, don't whine either.
:lol: Hey, you know what? Your tax dollars funded Bush's illegal war of choice for oil based on lies.

you're absolutely right. And as disappointed as I am about that, I know that elections have consequences and because he "won" the election, he got to call the shots... shame on us for not putting up better candidates. You guys know how that feels now.:lol:

did you know that Einstein was an atrocious speller? I bet you'd call him uneducated and stupid as well, eh yurt?

oh look...the obsessed stalker rears his ugly head

too bad for you that lone and loan is not just a simple misspelling, it is gross misspelling, especially for one who claims to have an mba

yurtsie the guy who posed as a lawyer on another board is spellchecking now.
Must be slow day on the client list. Lets ask the ambulances to slow down.

you're absolutely right. And as disappointed as I am about that, I know that elections have consequences and because he "won" the election, he got to call the shots... shame on us for not putting up better candidates. You guys know how that feels now.:lol:
I'll get by.

The economy, however, may not. But I bet that's Bush's fault, too, huh?

too bad for you that lone and loan is not just a simple misspelling, it is gross misspelling, especially for one who claims to have an mba

too bad for ME? what the fuck are you talking about little man? Have you EVER read any of Einstein's letters? yes or no? If NO, which we both know is the case, then you have absolutely NO ground upon which to stand... or are you saying flat out that Einstein was uneducated and stupid as well? yes or no?

I'll get by.

The economy, however, may not. But I bet that's Bush's fault, too, huh?

No Obama gave tax cuts to the wealthy and started an unnecessary and incredibly expensive war off the books on HIS watch.

moron

too bad for ME? what the fuck are you talking about little man? Have you EVER read any of Einstein's letters? yes or no? If NO, which we both know is the case, then you have absolutely NO ground upon which to stand... or are you saying flat out that Einstein was uneducated and stupid as well? yes or no?
Are you saying topspin is as smart as Einstein? Yes or no? :lol:

no. but I AM saying he is a hell of a lot smarter than that faggot poseur Yurt, that's for damned sure! ;)

yes, the creepy stalker from maine believes topspin is just as smart as einstein....:razz:

no. but I AM saying he is a hell of a lot smarter than that faggot poseur Yurt, that's for damned sure! ;)
Thank you. I thought I was going to miss out on my minimum daily requirement of liberal homophobic hypocrisy. :clap2:

yes, the creepy stalker from maine believes topspin is just as smart as einstein....:razz:

learn to read yurt. the post immediately before yours.

so yurtie...is it true that, on this board, your "persona" is of someone NOT in the legal profession? What are you here?

New Topics

Forum List

Back