Examining Black Loyalty to Democrats

This thread has that nice nuanced racism that the right has learned to substitute for the clumsy ham handed variety that's a little too well worn.

Well done.:clap2:
Perhaps they learned that from the left's soft racism of low expectations. "There, there, Mr. Black Man -- you're not good enough to succeed on your own. Let us Democrats help you out -- just enough to keep you dependent."

You must spread the rep around before giving daveman more reps.

So I guess that means the Republicans don't care for minorities at all. That is verified by their demographics and party make up. The GOP is an older white party whose days are numbered if they can't appeal to a wider base of voters

Watch the video take off the obama blinders and learn for once

Sorry...I don't watch 18 min videos suggested by rightwingers.

If you have a point to make.....make it

Don't waste my time

So I guess that means the Republicans don't care for minorities at all. That is verified by their demographics and party make up. The GOP is an older white party whose days are numbered if they can't appeal to a wider base of voters

Don't waste my time

I did. The fella's entertaining, if nothing else. There are some profound, profound flaws in his arguments, but it gives one a few things to chew on.

What he spends virtually no time on is the Democratic and Republican parties of today. The entire thing focuses on the past, including quite a bit that precedes the founding of the modern two parties; As far back as Jefferson. He dissects Jefferson's views as some being "The Democratic side of him" and others being "The Republican side," a concept among several I found laughable in the film.

Good watch though, definitely entertaining.

The Republicans have made little effort to the get the votes of black Americans, while the Democrats have done everything they can to keep black Americans the lowest socioeconomic class in the country in order to keep their vote.

Frankly, I'm surprised that blacks haven't created their own third party. With the way districts are gerrymandered they could certainly win some elections with a third party.

The Republicans have made little effort to the get the votes of black Americans, while the Democrats have done everything they can to keep black Americans the lowest socioeconomic class in the country in order to keep their vote.

Frankly, I'm surprised that blacks haven't created their own third party. With the way districts are gerrymandered they could certainly win some elections with a third party.

How so?

Don't waste my time

Of course you didn't fear of the truth will always stop people who do not wish to learn the truth.

Don't waste my time

I did. The fella's entertaining, if nothing else. There are some profound, profound flaws in his arguments, but it gives one a few things to chew on.

What he spends virtually no time on is the Democratic and Republican parties of today. The entire thing focuses on the past, including quite a bit that precedes the founding of the modern two parties; As far back as Jefferson. He dissects Jefferson's views as some being "The Democratic side of him" and others being "The Republican side," a concept among several I found laughable in the film.

Good watch though, definitely entertaining.

Really profound flaws? Care to address some of those profound flaws that came from the perspective of a black man on the black race as to why they still vote for democrats

This thread has that nice nuanced racism that the right has learned to substitute for the clumsy ham handed variety that's a little too well worn.

Perhaps they learned that from the left's soft racism of low expectations. "There, there, Mr. Black Man -- you're not good enough to succeed on your own. Let us Democrats help you out -- just enough to keep you dependent."

That's the right's nuanced racism in a nutshell:

The Democrats are conning black Americans, but black Americans are too stupid to see through it.

:clap2:

It reminds me when Rabbi said that any African American that wants to be hard-working needs to vote Republican while any African American that votes Democrat is obviously just wanting to play victim politics.

Well, it also fits into another aspect of the standard fare we get from the right, i.e., that all that happens can somehow be explained in a story that is based on the 'right good left bad' mantra.

You see it everywhere. No matter what happens, no matter what the event, the circumstance,

the right comes up with a story that frames the whole thing in a right good left bad context.

That is, of course, the essence of what propaganda is.

Republicans deep down know that the black people of this country will never vote Republican. It is too ingrained in their culture and psyche to ever change. The civil rights actions back in the 60’s and Johnsons “Great Society” helped to cement that loyalty and it has endured for over 50 years. The black kids learn early from their parents that the Democrats are the good guys and the Republicans are the enemy. This is the same problem we are having with Islamic fundamentalists. The children are brainwashed into believing that to die and kill many for Allah is path to righteousness and they never doubt it. It would take a calamitous event to turn the black people away from the Democratic party.

Knowing this, why would anybody waste time on a lost cause? Maybe the Republicans can get a few blacks here and there. In the polarized political environment of today and the close electoral races this might make or break a presidential election. But in reality, the Hispanic people are the key to electing a Republican President. If the Hispanic population starts to swing as a bloc towards the Democrats then forget it. White population is 66% of the US, Hispanic 15%, blacks 14%. Since half the people don’t care who runs the country (don’t vote) the other half gets to decide. But Hispanics tend to have higher turnout than either other bloc so they are the bigger prize. Democrats can win without a big Hispanic vote, the Republicans cannot. They need the Hispanics to balance against the blacks. Once it is back in balance then Joe, the white blue collar worker (Are there any of them left?) can decide who runs the country.

Blacks (90%) will always vote Democrat! Just like death and taxes! But the key to power is through the Hispanics!

Dwight Eisenhower got 39% of the black vote in 1956. But he also lost the South.

Now, the GOP gets about 10% of the black vote (losing 80% of what Ike got)

but they regularly win the South.

The Democrats are conning black Americans, but black Americans are too stupid to see through it.

As much as you'd like to think so, no.

It's about who promises them the most goodies.

As much as you'd like to think so, no.

It's about who promises them the most goodies.

no it's not... it's about the 'southern strategy'.

:cuckoo:

It reminds me when Rabbi said that any African American that wants to be hard-working needs to vote Republican while any African American that votes Democrat is obviously just wanting to play victim politics.

Well, it also fits into another aspect of the standard fare we get from the right, i.e., that all that happens can somehow be explained in a story that is based on the 'right good left bad' mantra.

You see it everywhere. No matter what happens, no matter what the event, the circumstance,

the right comes up with a story that frames the whole thing in a right good left bad context.

And that differs from your own propaganda...how exactly? :confused:

How so?

The welfare state and the victim mentality. Most of your urban ghettos are primarily populated with blacks living off of some type of welfare. The inner city schools are crap, but the Democrats who predominantly control these areas refuse to allow school choice so parents can get their kids out of those schools and into better ones. The Democratic Party constantly resorts to victimization claiming that minorities aren't able to achieve anything on their own without the government intervening for them. Affirmative Action is an insult to minorities, in my opinion, because it tells them they aren't as capable as white people and so the standards have to be dumbed down for them.

It's been 45 years since the Civil Rights Act was passed and blacks haven't improved economically one bit. In fact, in some ways they are worse off. For example, over 70% of black children are born out of wedlock without a father in their life. However, you look at blacks who were born in foreign countries who have migrated here and they are typically better educated and have absolutely no problem building a successful life here in the states, which negates the myth that minorities are still being oppressed in this country due to latent racism. They are being oppressed alright, but not by their neighbors, but by their own government that is claiming to "help" them.

you expect people to support a group that takes a 'no' position on every single issue dealing with social justice?

Social justice is just a code word for social Marxism. It's giving a "helpful" hand out to the minority by discriminating against the majority. Discrimination is just as wrong regardless of who is on the receiving end. Policies like that have no place in a country that is supposed to be about individual freedom and liberty. But to answer your question, no I wouldn't expect them to vote against people who are trying to give them freebies at the expense of others.

you keep telling yourself it's not about the southern strategy.

Republicans lost the vote of black Americans because of the southern strategy, but it is only one factor. It is also their reluctance to support a welfare state and play into the hands of victim politics that has also kept them from receiving the votes of blacks.

And that differs from your own propaganda...how exactly? :confused:

Because I don't do that. At least you didn't deny the right does it. lol

Forum List

Back