Examining Black Loyalty to Democrats

How the voting broke down on the 1968 Civil Rights Bill

By party and region

Note: "Southern", as used in this section, refers to members of Congress from the eleven states that made up the Confederate States of America in the American Civil War. "Northern" refers to members from the other 39 states, regardless of the geographic location of those states.
The original House version:

..............................................Yeah- nay
  • Southern Democrats: 7-87 (7%-93%)
  • Southern Republicans: 0-10 (0%-100%)
  • Northern Democrats: 145-9 (94%-6%)
  • Northern Republicans: 138-24 (85%-15%)
The Senate version:
  • Southern Democrats: 1-20 (5%-95%)
  • Southern Republicans: 0-1 (0%-100%)
  • Northern Democrats: 45-1 (98%-2%)
  • Northern Republicans: 27-5 (84%-16%)
Nuff said?

Black voters have traditionally supported DEMS in our lifetimes because of how Republicans and Democratic officials and elected leaders have acted toward Blacks in our lifetimes.

What puzzles me is why ANYBODY (regardless of race) in the working classes has voted for EITHER party in the last couple decades.

The exceptions within the working classes whose continued support of the duelopoly does not puzzle me are those among us who are tools of either party.

For example, those 870,000 or so people who are now holding TOP SECRET security status.

Their continued support of the system at least does make sense to me.

They definitely do understand what hand is feeding them.

As to the rest of you partisans?

You guys I don't get.

By party and region

Note: "Southern", as used in this section, refers to members of Congress from the eleven states that made up the Confederate States of America in the American Civil War. "Northern" refers to members from the other 39 states, regardless of the geographic location of those states.

The Senate version:
Nuff said?

Black voters have traditionally supported DEMS in our lifetimes because of how Republicans and Democratic officials and elected leaders have acted toward Blacks in our lifetimes.

What puzzles me is why ANYBODY (regardless of race) in the working classes has voted for EITHER party in the last couple decades.

The exceptions within the working classes whose continued support of the duelopoly does not puzzle me are those among us who are tools of either party.

For example, those 870,000 or so people who are now holding TOP SECRET security status.

You guys I don't get.

I think that point THE SOUTHERN DEMOCRATS was already made in the video NUF SAID. But you missed the rest by a billion miles. Demoicratcare for blacks as long as they vote for them.

Last edited:

By party and region

The Senate version:
Nuff said?

You guys I don't get.

I think that point THE SOUTHERN DEMOCRATS was already made in the video NUF SAID. But you missed the rest by a billion miles. Demoicratcare for blacks as long as they vote for them.

My point in posting the votes was to convey to you just what utter poppycock that video really was.

Of course the DEMS pander for Black votes. Duh!

Likewise that video is propaganda designed to pander to Blacks to get them to vote Republican.

By party and region

The Senate version:
Nuff said?

You guys I don't get.

My point in posting the votes was to convey to you just what utter poppycock that video really was.

Of course the DEMS pander for Black votes. Duh!

Likewise that video is propaganda designed to pander to Blacks to get them to vote Republican.

Yep they pander to them by giving them hand outs which is not helping them at all. You want toi help them give them some lkand and let them take care of themself.

By party and region

The Senate version:
Nuff said?

You guys I don't get.

very true....when they don't, the liberals and dems call them sellouts, uncle toms and jillian calls them self haters

the dems are racist and don't even know it

If the OP bothered to listen history, he'd know why African Americans do not bother to vote for the GOP.

Southern strategy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Although the phrase "Southern strategy" is often attributed to Nixon political strategist Kevin Phillips, he did not originate it,[1] but merely popularized it.[2] In an interview included in a 1970 New York Times article, he touched on its essence:

From now on, the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote and they don't need any more than that... but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans. That's where the votes are. Without that prodding from the blacks, the whites will backslide into their old comfortable arrangement with the local Democrats.[3]

Michael Steele Acknowledges GOP Had “Southern Strategy” For Decades | The Plum Line

A lot of people are pointing to a new set of remarks Michael Steele made about the Republican Party and race, in which Steele acknowledged that the GOP hasn’t given African Americans a reason to support the party.

But I think folks are missing the real news in what Steele said. The RNC chairman also appeared to acknowledge that the GOP has had a race-based “southern strategy” for four decades, which is decidedly not a historical interpretation many Republicans agree with.

This thread has that nice nuanced racism that the right has learned to substitute for the clumsy ham handed variety that's a little too well worn.

Well done.:clap2:

If the OP bothered to listen history, he'd know why African Americans do not bother to vote for the GOP.

Although the phrase "Southern strategy" is often attributed to Nixon political strategist Kevin Phillips, he did not originate it,[1] but merely popularized it.[2] In an interview included in a 1970 New York Times article, he touched on its essence:

From now on, the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote and they don't need any more than that... but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans. That's where the votes are. Without that prodding from the blacks, the whites will backslide into their old comfortable arrangement with the local Democrats.[3]

Michael Steele Acknowledges GOP Had “Southern Strategy” For Decades | The Plum Line

A lot of people are pointing to a new set of remarks Michael Steele made about the Republican Party and race, in which Steele acknowledged that the GOP hasn’t given African Americans a reason to support the party.

But I think folks are missing the real news in what Steele said. The RNC chairman also appeared to acknowledge that the GOP has had a race-based “southern strategy” for four decades, which is decidedly not a historical interpretation many Republicans agree with.

It's a fact. Republicans learned that they could win while only getting 10% of the black vote, so they can effectively write it off.

This thread has that nice nuanced racism that the right has learned to substitute for the clumsy ham handed variety that's a little too well worn.

It reminds me when Rabbi said that any African American that wants to be hard-working needs to vote Republican while any African American that votes Democrat is obviously just wanting to play victim politics.

By party and region

The Senate version:
Nuff said?

You guys I don't get.

So I guess that means the Republicans don't care for minorities at all. That is verified by their demographics and party make up. The GOP is an older white party whose days are numbered if they can't appeal to a wider base of voters

funny..I have found that a lot of left coast jews, especially attorneys, seems to hate black amercians and anything else even remotely democratic. odd, don't you think, especially when juxtaposed with the jewish american vote nationally.

And if you would have watch any of the video it was explained, but as usual you looked at the title and went with your talking points.

It reminds me when Rabbi said that any African American that wants to be hard-working needs to vote Republican while any African American that votes Democrat is obviously just wanting to play victim politics.

Complain to the man in the video

Perhaps they learned that from the left's soft racism of low expectations. "There, there, Mr. Black Man -- you're not good enough to succeed on your own. Let us Democrats help you out -- just enough to keep you dependent."

So I guess that means the Republicans don't care for minorities at all. That is verified by their demographics and party make up. The GOP is an older white party whose days are numbered if they can't appeal to a wider base of voters

Watch the video take off the obama blinders and learn for once

Forum List

Back