Ex-U.S. Marine: Chained to bed in Mexican jail

If it wasn't so sad for this ex-Marine the responses from the usual left-leaning posers here would be hilarious.

Do any of you simpletons even grasp the fact that the man TRIED TO REGISTER THE DISMANTLED GUN AT THE BORDER?

That AMERICAN Border Guards told him what to do?

Why wasn't the man simply refused entry into Mexico?

You people are PATHETIC!!

This is why:

Guns are Illegal in Mexico | U.S. Consulate General Tijuana, Mexico

Nothing like overstating the obvious...

The American Border agents told him he could register the weapon and gave him the paperwork to do so. Are you suggesting that our own Border agents don't know what time it is in Mexico?

And if Mexico refused to register the dismantled weapon, why did they not simply refuse him entry into the country? The man demonstrated no intent to violate ANY Mexican laws.

Nothing like overstating the obvious...

You CAN'T overstate "Don't take any weapons into Mexico."

The American Border agents told him he could register the weapon and gave him the paperwork to do so. Are you suggesting that our own Border agents don't know what time it is in Mexico?

American border patrol agents do not enforce Mexican law and they have no authority over Mexico. The guy got some bad advice and that's that.

And if Mexico refused to register the dismantled weapon, why did they not simply refuse him entry into the country? The man demonstrated no intent to violate ANY Mexican laws.

You'd have to ask Mexico why they didn't just turn him around, but I can tell you that it's just not something they do....ever. Mexico is not Canada and they are deadly serious about guns in their country. More importantly, under Mexican law you are deemed to be guilty until you can prove otherwise...AND....once you cross that line....you're subject to MEXICAN law.

By the way, I wouldn't be in any hurry to take one into Canada either:

Taking Guns to Canada? Beware!

I feel for the guy, but you got to check out the laws of the countries you plan to visit. Mexico will throw you under the jail for a single bullet. You can't say the Mexicans are wrong for enforcing their law and demand the US do the same.

I don't know WTF he was thinking going to Mexico in the first place. As much as i respect this man for serving in the military and his sacrifices, he has no one to blame but himself for this.

"Hey Honey...let's go to Costa Rica! Sure, It may take us through Mexico, which may be nearly as lawless as my last tour of duty, but it's off the grid!"

He's an American. For God's sakes the US should be down there with a writ or a machine gun and demand his release. Where the fuk is Hillary?

Sorry, but I've seen countless cases where Americans got themselves imprisoned in other countries on very dubious claims and conservatives weren't interested in getting them out. It's always about "well, they have their own laws too, and that's that". Just look at the Iran Hikers situation.

We can't rescue our citizens everywhere in the world when they fuck up.

"Conservatives weren't interested in helping them out". What the fuk? Is it all about drugs to the left? It's Mexico for God's sake. We support about ten million criminal illegal Mexicans with taxpayer money. Doesn't anybody see the hypocrisy? We need to invade Mexico and end the bull shit.

You be the first and we'll follow.:doubt:

Forum List

Back