Ex-Secretary: Ron Paul Knew All About Those Newsletters

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By Evan McMorris-Santoro

But people close to Paul’s operations said he was deeply involved in the company that produced the newsletters, Ron Paul & Associates, and closely monitored its operations, signing off on articles and speaking to staff members virtually every day.

“It was his newsletter, and it was under his name, so he always got to see the final product. . . . He would proof it,” said Renae Hathway, a former secretary in Paul’s company and a supporter of the Texas congressman.

More: Ron Paul-Supporting Former Ron Paul Secretary: He Knew All About Those Newsletters | TPM2012

Last edited:
A long while back, I pieced together the picture that the article writes about from other 1st hand accounts, especially with Llew Rockwell's involvement.

It's a stupid mistake on Paul's part and one that he's paying for politically.

I'm only hoping Paul goes as for as he can this election so he can lay the groundwork and campaign machinery down for his son Rand who I'm convinced will run successfully in 2016 and won't have all this baggage and is a better speaker with more focus to boot.

I guess my question would be, has anyone heard anything homophobic, racist, antisemitic, etc actually come out of Paul's mouth.
A person can't hide huge negative feelings while living a life in public without getting 'caught' saying 'something'.

A long while back, I pieced together the picture that the article writes about from other 1st hand accounts, especially with Llew Rockwell's involvement.

I'm only hoping Paul goes as for as he can this election so he can lay the groundwork and campaign machinery down for his son Rand who I'm convinced will run successfully in 2016 and won't have all this baggage and is a better speaker with more focus to boot.

President Ayn Rand Paul? Aqua Buddha? That's funny...

Last edited:
Hey, it makes as much sense as a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

When you have nothing, play the race card.

For over 20 + years Paul has managed to not only not be bigoted or racist, he has been the polar opposite... very odd indeed.

From the drug wars to gay marriage… Helping colored people of all kinds with medical attention for free to fighting for liberty and equality for all when others on stage seek to oppress and mock Paul for this.

I simply don’t care about some bullshit Newsletter. More over I don’t care when the people that make a big deal about it voted for Obama, a man who went to a racist church for 20+ years and wrote racist remarks in recent books with his name clearly on it.

For over 20 + years Paul has managed to not only not be bigoted or racist, he has been the polar opposite... very odd indeed.

From the drug wars to gay marriage… Helping colored people of all kinds with medical attention for free to fighting for liberty and equality for all when others on stage seek to oppress and mock Paul for this.

I simply don’t care about some bullshit Newsletter. More over I don’t care when the people that make a big deal about it voted for Obama, a man who went to a racist church for 20+ years and wrote racist remarks in recent books with his name clearly on it.

Sooo, Ron Paul's past is excusable - but Obama's isn't?

I guess my question would be, has anyone heard anything homophobic, racist, antisemitic, etc actually come out of Paul's mouth.
A person can't hide huge negative feelings while living a life in public without getting 'caught' saying 'something'.

Oh so now you want the words to come out of his mouth? Ironic since Obama attended a church that wasn't in his name, listened to a preacher who he didn't get the proof of the speech before hand and the right wants to say Obama agrees with everything the preacher said or will say in the future just because he was there.

But you need Paul to actually say the things in the newsletter that has his fucking name on it or you doubt it.

Funny how that works.

Oh so now you want the words to come out of his mouth? Ironic since Obama attended a church that wasn't in his name, listened to a preacher who he didn't get the proof of the speech before hand and the right wants to say Obama agrees with everything the preacher said or will say in the future just because he was there.

But you need Paul to actually say the things in the newsletter that has his fucking name on it or you doubt it.

Funny how that works.
Amazing.

I'm in general agreement, though I'd rather see a genuine libertarian like Gary Johnson take up the cause. Rand hasn't really impressed me that much. But that, of course, is relative. He's miles better than anyone else in the Senate.

Do any Christians support Ron Paul? If so, why?

Not a Christian, but maybe it would have something to do with his foreign policy of peace. I believe Jesus was a big supporter of peace, not to mention the Golden Rule.

Right. The only candidate opposed to racist policies like the drug war and the death penalty must be a racist.

I'm in general agreement, though I'd rather see a genuine libertarian like Gary Johnson take up the cause. Rand hasn't really impressed me that much. But that, of course, is relative. He's miles better than anyone else in the Senate.

Gary Johnson isn't a genuine libertarian, and I think Rand has been more than impressive so far.

Gary Johnson isn't a genuine libertarian, and I think Rand has been more than impressive so far.
What makes you say so? What about Johnson isn't libertarian?

So does that mean if you get delt a race card don't play it?... :cuckoo: :lol:

From the link:
In its digging, the Post doesn’t find any evidence that Paul actually believed the ugly stuff filling his newsletters. It’s suggested that something else may have driven them
/thread.

From the link:
In its digging, the Post doesn’t find any evidence that Paul actually believed the ugly stuff filling his newsletters. It’s suggested that something else may have driven them
/thread.

Bullshit...HIS NAME WAS ON THE FUCKING NEWSLETTER!!

Obama sat in a church and you guys pretend him and Rev Wright are ONE. But a letter that is in Pauls name, he manages and approves. You want to withhold judgement. Be fucking serious

Republicans often unite behind someone who they consider "good enough". As much as I despise the lock-step mentality, it is a strength of theirs to actually winning elections.

I think the debate is fine but when it's time, us libertarians and libertarian leaning Republicans and Democrats should unite behind a libertarian who is also "good enough" and an infinite improvement over what is in WashDC these days.

Republicans often unite behind someone who they consider "good enough". As much as I despise the lock-step mentality, it is a strength of theirs to actually winning elections.

I think the debate is fine but when it's time, us libertarians and libertarian leaning Republicans and Democrats should unite behind a libertarian who is also "good enough" and an infinite improvement over what is in WashDC these days.

The point is moot since the Libertarian Party nominee isn't going to come close to winning a single state regardless. So whether or not we choose somebody who's "good enough" is irrelevant.

Forum List

Back