Ex-Marine stabs pit bull to death.

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
A former Marine in California stabbed a pit bull to death after it pounced on his wife and two dogs as they were walking in their Anaheim neighborhood, the Orange County Register reported.

Douglas Perry and his wife Vicki were walking their Siberian Husky, Sierra, and American Eskimo, Buster, Tuesday night when the pit bull approached alone, according to the paper. It first attacked the husky then clamped Vicki Perry's hand in its jaws.

Douglas Perry let go of Buster's leash to allow him to escape the pit bull, but the animal chased the little dog down and bit him, the Register reported. He grabbed a kitchen knife from a neighbor's house and stabbed the attacking dog in the chest, but it would not release its grip on Buster's neck.

The knife cut Perry's hand as the pit bull struggled. Perry had to stab the dog a second time before it let go. The pit bull staggered away, collapsed and died in the street, the Register reported.

FOXNews.com - Ex-Marine Stabs and Kills Pit Bull After It Attacked Wife, Dogs - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Friggin pit bull got what he deserved!

My friend and his dog were attacked by a pit bull, and he and the pit bull's owner got into a fight.

My friend was going to swear out a warrant for the guy's arrest, but he skipped town.

Would you feel the same if you found out the pit bull was one of Michael Vick's tortured dogs? Or some dog that had been beaten and abused by it's owner? Made to fight other dogs or be killed himself?

Sounds like the ex marine had no choice and did what he had to do to rescue his own dogs. I'd do the same myself to save my dog if she was being seriously attacked and injured by a bigger dog.

But most likely that pit bull did not "deserve" to be stabbed to death. Dogs that attack and kill other dogs have been abused and/or neglected and have already suffered enough in their sad lives.

It was necessary to kill him and apparently there was no better method available but he did not "deserve" to die a painful death.

Would you say the same if it was a Golden Retriever instead of a pit bull?

"Despite the ordeal, the Perrys were sorry that the animal had to die.

"I hated that I had to stab that dog," Douglas Perry told the paper. “It just wouldn't let go, and I saw no other choice."

FOXNews.com - Ex-Marine Stabs and Kills Pit Bull After It Attacked Wife, Dogs - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

• Banned
Would you feel the same if you found out the pit bull was one of Michael Vick's tortured dogs? Or some dog that had been beaten and abused by it's owner? Made to fight other dogs or be killed himself?

Sounds like the ex marine had no choice and did what he had to do to rescue his own dogs. I'd do the same myself to save my dog if she was being seriously attacked and injured by a bigger dog.

But most likely that pit bull did not "deserve" to be stabbed to death. Dogs that attack and kill other dogs have been abused and/or neglected and have already suffered enough in their sad lives.

It was necessary to kill him and apparently there was no better method available but he did not "deserve" to die a painful death.

I was just trying to get a rise out of you...

...mission accomplished! :cool:

I agree. Pit Bulls aren't mean by nature. I have a friend that has two Pit Bulls, and the larger of the two, the male, is just a big marsh mellow. Of course he has a loving and caring owner. The dog might LICK you to death, but he sure isn't going to BITE you. The female is a little hyper but another really nice dog as well. They're good dogs because their owner isn't mean to them. Condemning a Pit Bull just because they're a Pit Bull is malarkey.

The Pit Bull in the story was taught to be mean and attack by somebody, and that's the real tragedy in this story. That person should be included in any legal action for the death of the dog.

Do a google search on "pit bull kills". There are 1,080,000 hits.

Pit Bull is the favorite dog for people to turn into killers. Still doesn't make it the dogs fault.

They're not born mean. They're taught to be mean.

I don't think any dog is born mean. They live what they learn. I don't blame the guy but feel sorry for the dog. Worse, I feel sorry for the dog that the owner's will get to replace this one.

A former Marine in California stabbed a pit bull to death after it pounced on his wife and two dogs as they were walking in their Anaheim neighborhood, the Orange County Register reported.

Atsa my boy.....!!!

Pit Bulls are bred to be more aggressive than average, and trained the rest of the way. Remember the Doberman scare of the 1970's? Same Same.

I think the PB owner now needs to be beaten soundly, twice a day, for about a year.

Then put down humanely of course.

I was just trying to get a rise out of you...

...mission accomplished! :cool:

You consider that getting a rise out of me? You barely got a yawn out of me.

If we were to post a poll asking whether my even-toned equanimous post (which earned me mega pos reps, btw ;)) constituted a rise out of me there's no doubt the result would be NO -100% .

Forum List

Back