Ex Marine Gives Vet A Push

Discussion in 'Military' started by Shooter, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Shooter

Shooter Semper Fi

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121
    I've been gone for a while so I apologize if this has already been posted.

Everyone needs to read this article and watch the video at the end. I'll admit a tear formed in my eye while reading this.

I love stories like this. Makes my heart feel all warm and fuzzy (if I had a heart). When I see things like this it makes me realize this is truly the greatest nation on earth and Americans really are good, decent, caring and respectful people.

OOHRAH to all the vets and active serviceman out there. You all are the real heros of this country and are some of the greatest people on the planet.

And you know what? I'll bet everything I own that these two former jarheads complete the marathon. Why? Because they were Marines. Marines don't fail. Once a Marine, always a Marine.

Former Marine Acts as Wounded Iraq Vet's Legs in Marathon

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKfHNu_Aa6Y[/ame]

2. Shooter

Shooter Semper Fi

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121
    Well Eddie Ryan with Bryan Purcell pushing him, managed to overcome the steep hills and inclines and finished the grueling marathon to a heroes welcome...just like two jarheads would. I knew these two men would overcome the odss and finish.

They almost didn't get to race. The morning of the race they couldn't find the straps that would secure Ryan's hands to the hand pedals. They franticly scrambled to make improvised straps and get to the starting line. They made it with mere seconds to spare.

This is one of the greatest feel-good stories in a long time. I am so happy and proud of these two Marines. Oohrah, brothers!

[​IMG]