Ex gays post signs

I feel sorry for these people. They have been so badly manipulated by the psychology profession.

Either they are still gay or they never were. More likely they are bisexual or have simply gone back into the closet.

Just because one chooses to hide who one is, doesn't mean one changes who one is.

acludem

acludem said:
I feel sorry for these people. They have been so badly manipulated by the psychology profession.

Either they are still gay or they never were. More likely they are bisexual or have simply gone back into the closet.

Just because one chooses to hide who one is, doesn't mean one changes who one is.

acludem

Yes naturally. They are either still gay or never were. Those are the only two choices...not.

ACLUDem,

Why do you immediately dismiss (and insult) these people? While I am a supporter of equal rights for people who are homosexual and a supporter of gay marriage, I am open-minded enough to know that not much is known about homosexuality.

For quite awhile, people believed there was a gay "gene." Science has thoroughly debunked that idea. Some people believe there is a psychological reason for homosexuality, others disagree...some people feel there is a spectrum of sexuality and all people fall somewhere between "straight" and "homosexual" and that people can shift back and forth over time depending upon a number of factors.

The fact is, these people feel that they were not meant to be homosexual and are happier with themselves and their lives, living as straight people. Yet you feel the need to immediately belittle this decision...and yet, by your name you imply that you are interested in freedom of choice...civil liberties..all that.

Are you as skeptical and rude about people who were once "straight" and decided to become "gay?" Or do you celebrate that choice...their "coming out."

I am sure you do celebrate it. Perhaps you should examine why someone "coming out" as gay is something good...yet "coming out" as straight is something to be pitied according to you.

By some people's standards, inmates are homosexuals-waiting-to-happen.

It's called 'preference' - Homosexuality is nothing more than a person 'deciding' they want to have sex with others of their gender. A homosexual IS as a homosexual DOES

acludem said:

acludem

Thank you for that insight Sigmund.

Most things can change. Except perhaps the narrow-minded disposition of those more devoted to dogma and ideology than to common sense.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
-=d=- said:
By some people's standards, inmates are homosexuals-waiting-to-happen.

It's called 'preference' - Homosexuality is nothing more than a person 'deciding' they want to have sex with others of their gender. A homosexual IS as a homosexual DOES

-=d=-, you are right on. Homosexuality is not an unchangeable trait, like eye color or height, waiting to be discovered. It is based on your behavior, much like your status as a smoker or a motorcycle rider. One is free to change his/her smoking preferences just like one is free to change his/her sexual preference - though from what I've heard, both are extremely challenging.

gop_jeff said:
Homosexuality is not an unchangeable trait, like eye color or height, waiting to be discovered. It is based on your behavior, much like your status as a smoker or a motorcycle rider. One is free to change his/her smoking preferences just like one is free to change his/her sexual preference - though from what I've heard, both are extremely challenging.
Maybe, maybe not....
Studies..and much more......
http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_caus4.htm

acludem said:

acludem

Yup. Here's your ACLU democrat backer at his finest. His "tolerance" is extended to those who chose to be queer, but NOT to those who have found out change is possible.

It leads me to believe, once again, that the devil's fingers are amongst the ACLU. Their "inclusive, tolerance" mantra is a lie.

gop_jeff said:
-=d=-, you are right on. Homosexuality is not an unchangeable trait, like eye color or height, waiting to be discovered. It is based on your behavior, much like your status as a smoker or a motorcycle rider. .

I don't smoke :)

gop_jeff said:
one is free to change his/her sexual preference - though from what I've heard, (changing is) extremely challenging.

Would you say its a 'pain in the ass'? :)

:laugh:

:)

acludem said:

acludem

Acludem I so want to move to your state Missouri, they are so sensible about homosexuals and gay marriage. That law is beautiful.

acludem said:
I am ashamed that the people of my state chose to Constitutionalize discrimination.

acludem

There's no discrimination about it. They're simply "ensuring" that the "HOLY" union between a "MAN" and a "WOMAN" REMAINS as such.

They're "protecting" themselves against the perverted onslaught of immoral pigs such as yourself, who seek to CHANGE century old tradition into something unholy and unnatural.

I hope you enjoy your date with satan acludem.

acludem said:

acludem

By your line of thinking, being gay is the natural order of things and being straight is not. Many on the Left seem to think that once a person states that they're gay, there is no going back, yet a straight person can suddenly decide they are gay and that is perfectly natural. It's not like that. Sexual behavior can be learned.

The American Psychology Association used to classify homosexuality as a mental disorder, then, they decided it wasn't. But the process of deciding what qualifies as a mental disorder is supposedly very politicized, so I have to wonder. Some members of that august body also want to remove pedophilia from the list of mental disorders, too.

In society where homosexuality was acceptable, there seemed to be a lot more of it than in societies where it wasn't acceptable. That tells me that, at least to some degree, homosexuality is a choice.

Also, a lot of gays have a history of having been the victims of sexual or some other type of abuse in their past. That also tells me that some homosexuals haven't really dealt with the abuse and that they could use some psychological help. The Psychology Profession has essentially turned its back on people like this, however. They are more interested in helping people accepting the fact that they are gay rather than trying to determine why they are.

acludem said:
I am ashamed that the people of my state chose to Constitutionalize discrimination.

acludem

I have to wonder what the attitude of gays would be if suddenly the president proposed a constitutional amendment to ALLOW gay marriage? All the talk about manipulating the constitution for political reasons would then be forgotten, I'm sure.

Speaking of the Constitution....too bad the lame brained Massachussets Legislature decided to shirk its duty to protect the Constitution. Instead of beginning impeachment proceedings against certain justices for over stepping their Constitutionally mandated powers, they went ahead and listened to the Massachussets Supreme Court ruling on gay marriage.

That's the Left's way of doing things, if they can't get their way in the voting booth, they try to get their way in court, instead.

Forum List

Back