ex-first lady leaves door open to sharing ticket with rival

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
Interesting read:

WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton scored three victories in a night of revival that denied Barack Obama a ripe opportunity to drive her from the Democratic presidential race. Clarity came only to the Republican side, where John McCain made the nomination his own.

Meanwhile, Clinton, fresh off big primary victories, hinted Wednesday at the possibility of sharing the Democratic presidential ticket with Obama — with her at the top. Obama played down his losses, stressing that he still holds the lead in number of delegates.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23480254/

Kind of pompous to offer the number two spot to your opponent when he is beating you by over a hundred delegates. IMO

Actually, I saw the interview and it isn't *quite* what happened. They pressured her on it and she laughed and said something to the effect of how there's certainly pressure in that direction. No one running for president EVER positions themselves as thinking about the VP spot.

Personally, I think it's at least equally pompous to declare yourself the winner when your opponent has won every big state they need to win a general election and is only a 100 delegates behind... without super delegates!

Actually, I saw the interview and it isn't *quite* what happened. They pressured her on it and she laughed and said something to the effect of how there's certainly pressure in that direction. No one running for president EVER positions themselves as thinking about the VP spot.

Personally, I think it's at least equally pompous to declare yourself the winner when your opponent has won every big state they need to win a general election and is only a 100 delegates behind... without super delegates!

It IS the delegates that go to the convention and get counted, not the individual voters, right?

I agree caucusing is nothing more than theft, but it is legal, and if you don't have anything better to do but stay up until 2AM on a weekday, you can steal 1/3 of the delegates in this state.

Boggles the mind to contemplate how something so obviously stupid isn't changed.

It IS the delegates that go to the convention and get counted, not the individual voters, right?

Yes, but the superdelegates can change (most of them aren't committed yet, in any event). Edwards still has his delegates to give someone and, if I'm not mistaken, there may be a few more lying around...

I agree caucusing is nothing more than theft, but it is legal, and if you don't have anything better to do but stay up until 2AM on a weekday, you can steal 1/3 of the delegates in this state.

Boggles the mind to contemplate how something so obviously stupid isn't changed.

The electoral college needs to be changed, too.

And let's not forget she kicked butt in Florida, but the Dem heirachy nullified that result. I'd suggest that - and Michigan - would have put her in front..

The electoral college needs to be changed, too.

Why? I like the electoral college. The President is not the "President of the People." He is the President of the "United States." States being the keyword here. The electoral college was designed so that the President is elected by the states and not by popular vote of the people. If we elect leaders by popular vote, then why would Wyoming even want to remain a state? As it is now they have a much more elevated stance in decided an election than they would if it the popular vote were to be the deciding factor. We are a republic of states, not a people's republic. Just my opinion.

Yes, but the superdelegates can change (most of them aren't committed yet, in any event). Edwards still has his delegates to give someone and, if I'm not mistaken, there may be a few more lying around...

They cannot change until after the first ballot at the convention. If they have already pledged then they must stick to it at least until after one ballot is cast. And yes, Not even half have pledged yet.

I made a bet some time ago that the next president would be a Democrat. I have lost some doubt. If Romney or Huckabee won the primary, I think that the moderates would have run to the Democrat side. Now that we have liberal McCain as the Republican candidate, there is a greater chance that we might have a Republican president again. Still, I doubt that he has the charisma or “gift of gab” that Hillary (or particularly Obama) has. No. I still think that the Democrats will win this coming presidential election.

Forum List

Back