Ex-diplomats, generals blast Bush

nycflasher

Apr 15, 2004
CT
Ex-diplomats, generals blast Bush

Washington, DC, Jun. 16 (UPI) -- Top former diplomats and military officials said Wednesday the Bush administration did not "rise to the responsibilities of world leadership."

The group, which calls itself Diplomats and Military Commanders for Change, said though it was bipartisan its members believe the administration had failed to preserve national security and provide world leadership.

"Serious issues are at stake," they said in a statement. "We need a change."

The group of 27, which has claimed every president since Harry S. Truman, said President Bush had adopted an "overbearing" approach to the U.S. role in the world.

"The Bush administration has shown that it does not grasp these circumstances of the new era, and it is not able to rise to the responsibilities of world leadership either in style or in substance," the statement said. "It is time for a change."

The statement was released at the National Press Club in Washington.
source

The group of 27, which has claimed every president since Harry S. Truman, said President Bush had adopted an "overbearing" approach to the U.S. role in the world.

These guys already lost credibility with me. Every President since Truman?

Let's see, Kennedy - dead, Nixon - dead, Reagan - Alzheimers and now dead, Johnson - dead.

Someone come and flame me 'cause I am sure I left a Pres. out.

Every President since Truman? Really? Wow! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by HGROKIT
These guys already lost credibility with me. Every President since Truman?

Let's see, Kennedy - dead, Nixon - dead, Reagan - Alzheimers and now dead, Johnson - dead.

Someone come and flame me 'cause I am sure I left a Pres. out.

Every President since Truman? Really? Wow! :rolleyes:

I'm sure they were only talking about those that were alive and cognizant, however, if you want to be that kind of stickler, expect to have alot of your own posts discredited for the very same reasons. just my two cents.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
I'm sure they were only talking about those that were alive and cognizant, however, if you want to be that kind of stickler, expect to have alot of your own posts discredited for the very same reasons. just my two cents.

was not discrediting the poster, just the source as I imagine all people critically examine public statements meant to discredit others. If these 27 guys are going to come out and make a statement such as this, they should have their facts in order.

And how are you sure of what they were talking about? You read the same thing I did.

just my two cents.

I can get 27 people to come out and say we hate John Kerry. I fail to see what the big deal is.

Actually, I'm waiting to see "Diplomats and Former Generals For Bush" form, with a membership in the hundreds instead of the dozens - kinda like Vietnam Vets for Kerry/Vietnam Vets for Bush.

Originally posted by gop_jeff
I can get 27 people to come out and say we hate John Kerry. I fail to see what the big deal is.

Actually, I'm waiting to see "Diplomats and Former Generals For Bush" form, with a membership in the hundreds instead of the dozens - kinda like Vietnam Vets for Kerry/Vietnam Vets for Bush.

Yep, it kind of depends on who these guys are.
27 people can say anything.
First I've heard...

Originally posted by Sir Evil

Flasher - are you becoming the new "cut and paste" sensation around here?:rolleyes:

Well, the PEOPLE must be informed!!! ;)

But I have opinions of my own, as you know all too well.

Did these has-beens say they endorse Kerry? --hell no-- Still no positives from the left about Kerry. They realize all the have talked so far is trash. They are AFRAID!!!! I have made several requests for positives regarding Kerry and his agendas and get no responses. They know they will be sitting on thier asses for another 4 1/2 years so they are going to make sure Bush has hard time NO MATTER WHAT THE COST TO AMERICA.

Originally posted by dilloduck
Did these has-beens say they endorse Kerry? --hell no-- Still no positives from the left about Kerry. They realize all the have talked so far is trash. They are AFRAID!!!! I have made several requests for positives regarding Kerry and his agendas and get no responses. They know they will be sitting on thier asses for another 4 1/2 years so they are going to make sure Bush has hard time NO MATTER WHAT THE COST TO AMERICA.

The more criticism of Bush, the more pressure on him to represent the people that he was "elected" to represent, the better for America. IMO.

Originally posted by gop_jeff

Perhaps, but I doubt that they've served much more than burgers at the local McDonald's franchise.

Those speaking in opposition to Dubbyuh have been serving in administrations for the last five decades.

Forum List

Back