Ewww! Will somebody please feed this child?

not all of them. my husband's cousin Cassie did those shows, but she did it because she liked the dress-up part. Her mom entered her in one, and she won first place. Cassie wanted to do it again. If she didn't want to go, she didn't have to. She even won one year and was one of the 'royalty' of Blaine, MN-not like that is a real big deal, but it was to her-she got to be a princess for a year and it was just fun for her-wearing pretty dresses and wearing a tiny amount of makeup. She got a small scholarship as well. Her mom, Tim's aunt, didn't push her at all. She just said that when it stops being fun is the time to stop.

She still does pageants every so often, but when school is in, she is only allowed one extra-curr activity per season, so she usually sticks with ice skating and soccer.

Its when the moms get obsessive because they wanted to do stuff like that when they were kids, so they live it through their kids, and make them do it whether they want to or not and put too much emphasis on winning, thinking this will be their ticket out of whatever situation they are in to retirement. This also goes with sports-parents too.

One of my nieces model as an infant. Once I had to drive her to a shoot, with my daughter in tow. Because one of the kids would 'not get with the plan', my daughter filled in, at 12 mo. old. She ended up modeling for the next 4 years, over 35k in bank. Her father kept that and other savings, but it was a great add on to what we had saved for college.

My other niece, sister of my previously mentioned, is now a senior and has been in print ads, in the past 2 years, over 50k, without missing 'dance team' or school. Of course, she is 5'11 and probably (guesss) about 110.

In all seriousmess, it's disgraceful to let a young woman starve for some man's verison of high fashion.
:thumbdown:

That's got nothing to do with a mans version of anything. I'm not a man, but I've had quite a few conversations over the years with men about what men find attractive, and it's a very rare man who would find that attractive.

No, the pressure on women to be thin comes from other women. We may dress, and wear make up, and act cute to attract a man, but the real pressure is the judgment of other women. Women are awful to each other.

Did that "model" come from Darfur ???

Man , how can you have a body like that??? Her lungs,stomach and kidneys would be stuck together like a rugby ball!!!

Did that "model" come from Darfur ???

Man , how can you have a body like that??? Her lungs,stomach and kidneys would be stuck together like a rugby ball!!!
not to mention she'll likely have heart and kidney issues when she gets older. Good thing she will be making the big bucks with this career-she'll need it to help pay for her future medical bills.

That's got nothing to do with a mans version of anything. I'm not a man, but I've had quite a few conversations over the years with men about what men find attractive, and it's a very rare man who would find that attractive.

No, the pressure on women to be thin comes from other women. We may dress, and wear make up, and act cute to attract a man, but the real pressure is the judgment of other women. Women are awful to each other.

I agree.

I might agree with you about women dressing for other women, but that is a completely different subject. We are talking here about fashion designers/houses who choose these women to model their clothes. They pick the ones they feel best fit their image and they think best set off their clothes. It has nothing to do with the models dressing for other women. They are employees of many men (and women) who think this is attractive.

not all of them. my husband's cousin Cassie did those shows, but she did it because she liked the dress-up part. Her mom entered her in one, and she won first place. Cassie wanted to do it again. If she didn't want to go, she didn't have to. She even won one year and was one of the 'royalty' of Blaine, MN-not like that is a real big deal, but it was to her-she got to be a princess for a year and it was just fun for her-wearing pretty dresses and wearing a tiny amount of makeup. She got a small scholarship as well. Her mom, Tim's aunt, didn't push her at all. She just said that when it stops being fun is the time to stop.

She still does pageants every so often, but when school is in, she is only allowed one extra-curr activity per season, so she usually sticks with ice skating and soccer.

Its when the moms get obsessive because they wanted to do stuff like that when they were kids, so they live it through their kids, and make them do it whether they want to or not and put too much emphasis on winning, thinking this will be their ticket out of whatever situation they are in to retirement. This also goes with sports-parents too.

I agree, Fuzzy. I knew a woman, when I worked as a bank teller, whose daughter was into pagents. She, also, won a scholarship. Pagent rules had strict ethical codes, and encouraged girls to develop talents and speaking skills. It's like anything else... it turns bad when the parents get obsessive or refuse to protect their children's innocence or health.

hrmmm...after careful consideration....

attachment.php

Attachments

• $idhititregis.jpg
    $idhititregis.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 56
Okay, I'll make a donation to the starving models fund.
What's totally weird is that the outfit they are trying to sell looks god-awful on her, and looks about to fall off altogether.

LOL...She actually looks sickly, notice the bags under her eyes..That's scary!!

Forum List

Back