Evolution. Pfffft

Of course evolution involves an explosion. An explosion of explosions. So big all they can call it is The Big Bang.

Yeah, you think molten lava became Beethoven. Me, I go with intelligent design, I don't have that much faith.

What I thought was that you might have a modicum of knowledge about the theory of evolution. It is obvious you don't.

The Big Bang is not part of it. Nor is the origin of life on Earth. This explains a lot. Have a nice day.
Nice spin, but we all know every public school is brainwashing kids into thinking algae appeared out of nowhere and became a fish which became a frog which became an ape which became a man.

It is outrageous lies, and you know it.

It is obvious you didn't pay attention in class.

But, once again, feel free to post any evidence that supports intelligent design.
Your inability to stand by what is being taught in classes to children has simply validated the OP, thank you.

It has validated nothing. I was discussing the theory of evolution. A topic you obviously know little about, except talking points provided by evangelical pamplets. lol

And when you post "Yeah, you think molten lava became Beethoven", your knowledge on the topic is readily evident.
yeah he is pretty much just a Creationist Troll.

He makes crap up, and then runs away when confronted with it.

Simply from physical evidence, fossils and DNA, evolution is the sturdiest of the scientific Theories. We see the evidence for evolution in the rocks worldwide. We see our relationship to all other life on earth in the DNA of all our cells.

So the first DNA had a meeting and drew lots into what they would evolve into?

Simply from physical evidence, fossils and DNA, evolution is the sturdiest of the scientific Theories. We see the evidence for evolution in the rocks worldwide. We see our relationship to all other life on earth in the DNA of all our cells.

This is ignorance on a stunning level.

Yes, that's exactly what happened.

Ignorance is thinking chaos naturally becomes order

Spare me your definition of ignorance. You have demanded evidence of evolution, then tried to ridicule every bit. When, obviously, your knowledge of the Theory of Evolution is slim, at best.

And then you have the audacity to suggest intelligent design? ID has absolutely ZERO evidence to back it up. Nothing. Nada. Zip.

In fact, alien landings and UFOs have more evidence.

Spare me your definition of ignorance. You have demanded evidence of evolution, then tried to ridicule every bit. When, obviously, your knowledge of the Theory of Evolution is slim, at best.

And then you have the audacity to suggest intelligent design? ID has absolutely ZERO evidence to back it up. Nothing. Nada. Zip.

I just love it when ID is brought up to your ilk, and you can't even acknowledge the possibility of it, yet you stick to your theory of evolution that has more holes in it than an Iranian submarine.

Really? So why don't you list them for us?

Transitional Vertebrate Fossils FAQ

I wrote this FAQ as a reference for answering the "there aren't any transitional fossils" statement that pops up on talk.origins several times each year. I've tried to make it an accurate, though highly condensed, summary of known vertebrate fossil history in those lineages that led to familiar modern forms, with the known transitions and with the known major gaps both clearly mentioned. Version 6.0 of the FAQ has been almost entirely rewritten, with:

1. A completely rewritten introduction & conclusion, discussing what "transitional" means, why gaps occur, and what the fossil record shows.
  2. A greatly expanded list of "chains of genera" for most groups, especially mammals.
  3. References for documented species-to-species fossil transitions, mostly for mammals.
  4. Explicit mention of the notable remaining gaps in the fossil record.
If you have questions about this FAQ or want to send email to the author, click here.

Contents
PART I has FISHES TO FIRST MAMMALS & BIRDS:
  1. Introduction:
    1. Types of transitions
    2. Why are there gaps?
    3. Predictions of creationism & evolution
    4. What's in this FAQ
    5. Timescale
  2. Transitions from primitive fish to sharks, skates, rays
  3. Transitions from primitive fish to bony fish
  4. Transition from fishes to first amphibians
  5. Transitions among amphibians
  6. Transition from amphibians to first reptiles
  7. Transitions among reptiles
  8. Transition from reptiles to first mammals (long)
  9. Transition from reptiles to first birds
Reality.

I wrote this FAQ as a reference for answering the "there aren't any transitional fossils" statement that pops up on talk.origins several times each year. I've tried to make it an accurate, though highly condensed, summary of known vertebrate fossil history in those lineages that led to familiar modern forms, with the known transitions and with the known major gaps both clearly mentioned. Version 6.0 of the FAQ has been almost entirely rewritten, with:

1. A completely rewritten introduction & conclusion, discussing what "transitional" means, why gaps occur, and what the fossil record shows.
  2. A greatly expanded list of "chains of genera" for most groups, especially mammals.
  3. References for documented species-to-species fossil transitions, mostly for mammals.
If you have questions about this FAQ or want to send email to the author, click here.

Contents
  1. Introduction:
    1. Types of transitions
    2. Why are there gaps?
    4. What's in this FAQ
    5. Timescale
Reality.

All of this is ASSUMING that there are fossils that will fill the gaps, so what will you and your ilks response be when you never fill the gaps?

I just love it when ID is brought up to your ilk, and you can't even acknowledge the possibility of it, yet you stick to your theory of evolution that has more holes in it than an Iranian submarine.

You see, this is why I find your ilk so amusing.

YOu demand actual proof for evolution. But you cling to ID with no evidence at all.

Holes? Yeah, I guess there are some gaps and things we don't know. But there is far more evidence of evolution. In fact, as I said, there is more evidence supporting extraterrestrial visitors than there is supporting ID.

Well, then how did the designer do it? Let's say or designer of creatures is Ghu. He decides the world needs a muskrat. How does he make it happen?
I have no idea nor do I care.
Then how can you say it's possible or that a designer could even exist if you don't know how it would work?
I have no idea how time works but I know it does and it exists.
That would be a relevant comparison if there was any proposed alternative to time or if time needed any kind of mechanism.

As it is, the proposed theory for the diversity of species is Evolution. You are saying that you consider Evolution to be impossible and that instead what happened was...you don't know. That's pretty useless.
What are you talking about? You try to tell me an explosion created Beethoven and you have the audacity to say I need to know exactly how something works to believe in it? Pffft.
We know that none of the current species on earth existed 3 billion years ago. Based on fossils and DNA we see changes over time in the types of life on earth. Everything we see conforms to the idea of Natural Selection as the main mechanism for these changes.

You disagree and say it's impossible. What do you think better explains the changes over time? I'm not asking for detailed technical info...just a broad outline.

Species have changed over time. That's a fact...there are many species that did not exist millions of years ago and there are species that did exist then that no longer exist, BUT there are clear similarities between some extinct and current species. Evolution explains how this happened. You obviously think there are too many holes. Ok. fine.

What do you think better explains these changes?

Species have changed over time. That's a fact...there are many species that did not exist millions of years ago and there are species that did exist then that no longer exist, BUT there are clear similarities between some extinct and current species. Evolution explains how this happened. You obviously think there are too many holes. Ok. fine.

There is zero evidence of any species becoming another species. Zero.

I would be a coward to defend evolution taught in every public school too, it is such an absurdity with zero supporting evidence.

Contents
  1. Introduction:
    1. Types of transitions
    2. Why are there gaps?
    4. What's in this FAQ
    5. Timescale
Reality.
There is zero evidence of any species transitioning into other species. A 66 million year old fossil of a fish looks just like a fish swimming around today, a 35 million year old fossil of a sea turtle looks just like a sea turtle swimming around today.

Attachments

• upload_2017-3-23_6-27-19.png
    upload_2017-3-23_6-27-19.png
    645.4 KB · Views: 15

Then what do you think explains the changes is diversity of species?

Contents
  1. Introduction:
    1. Types of transitions
    2. Why are there gaps?
    4. What's in this FAQ
    5. Timescale
Reality.
There is zero evidence of any species transitioning into other species. A 66 million year old fossil of a fish looks just like a fish swimming around today, a 35 million year old fossil of a sea turtle looks just like a sea turtle swimming around today.
Superficially, perhaps...but they're not the same. The Coelacanth today is as related to the 66 million fossil as a poodle is to a sabre tooth tiger.

Since we cannot go back in time, there is nothing you would accept as evidence of a new species developing from a previously existing one.

However, having a species appear in the fossil record with very similar traits, except for some new trait, in the same area the other species existed, is evidence. Certainly more evidence than ID provides.

Your adamant insistence that there is "no evidence" is laughable, considering the Theory of Evolution provides far more evidence than does the Intelligent design ideas.

Since we cannot go back in time, there is nothing you would accept as evidence of a new species developing from a previously existing one.

However, having a species appear in the fossil record with very similar traits, except for some new trait, in the same area the other species existed, is evidence. Certainly more evidence than ID provides.

Your adamant insistence that there is "no evidence" is laughable, considering the Theory of Evolution provides far more evidence than does the Intelligent design ideas.
I am all about evidence. And fossils of species dated millions of years ago looking just like they do today is pretty damning evidence.
You haven't randomly changed some code in your Windows 10 software yet to see how it improves, why not? Because you know it does not work that way. Nature moves towards erosion, not towards order. There is nothing in any law or theory of physics that says an explosion will end up creating Mozart.

Contents
  1. Introduction:
    1. Types of transitions
    2. Why are there gaps?
    4. What's in this FAQ
    5. Timescale
Reality.
Superficially, perhaps...but they're not the same. The Coelacanth today is as related to the 66 million fossil as a poodle is to a sabre tooth tiger.
And your evidence of that is?
And even if true, means nothing because it is still a Coelacanth. Just as people are diverse, it does not mean we are different species going in different directions.
upload_2017-3-23_6-55-41.png

Forum List

Back