Evolution. Pfffft

Tilapia found in the Sea of Galilee. Which has been land locked for over 6 million years yet is still it's same old tasty self.
there are almost a hundred different species of tilapia, and there is more than one species in the Sea of Galilee. So I'm not sure how you think that's a point against evolution.

Coelacanth, thought to have been extinct 66 million years ago. Until science found out locals consider them tasty too and looking just like their 66 million year old ancestors.
The two genera of Coelacanth currently living are different from those found in fossils. Not the same as those in fossils. Evolution clearly occurred.

There is nothing in Evolution that mandates change; many many species have remained relatively unchanged over the millennia because there were little or no changes that could benefit the species.
Coelacanth are still Coelacanth and Tilapia is still Tilapia after millions of years.
There is zero evidence any species can change into another more complex species.

The evidence is readily available. There are species that share traits and DNA, lending credence to the idea that they may have a common ancestor.

There is far more evidence of evolution than of any "A Miracle Occurred" versions of how we came to have so many species.
Nobel Prize winner Dr Francis Collins went into his work to discover the human genome as an atheist. He completed his work saying God did it.

That is because when Darwin came up with his theory no one had an idea of the details taking place in life. They understood cells at the time but had no idea of the mechanisms at work to create a cell or keep it going. It is impossible for evolution to have created such complex systems at even the smallest details.

Collins: Why this scientist believes in God - CNN.com

And where is the evidence that "God did it"?
There are two choices. Evolution or intelligent design.
Try making a few random changes in the code of your Windows 10 operating system and let us know how evolution works.

You still offer absolutely no evidence in favor of intelligent design.
Any understanding of micro biology is all the evidence most people need to change their mind and know intelligent design is the only answer. It is impossible for an explosion to evolve naturally into a finally tuned machine of life or write Beethoven.
Well, then how did the designer do it? Let's say or designer of creatures is Ghu. He decides the world needs a muskrat. How does he make it happen?

Nobel Prize winner Dr Francis Collins went into his work to discover the human genome as an atheist. He completed his work saying God did it.

That is because when Darwin came up with his theory no one had an idea of the details taking place in life. They understood cells at the time but had no idea of the mechanisms at work to create a cell or keep it going. It is impossible for evolution to have created such complex systems at even the smallest details.

Collins: Why this scientist believes in God - CNN.com

Try making a few random changes in the code of your Windows 10 operating system and let us know how evolution works.

Any understanding of micro biology is all the evidence most people need to change their mind and know intelligent design is the only answer. It is impossible for an explosion to evolve naturally into a finally tuned machine of life or write Beethoven.
Well, then how did the designer do it? Let's say or designer of creatures is Ghu. He decides the world needs a muskrat. How does he make it happen?
I have no idea nor do I care.

Tilapia found in the Sea of Galilee. Which has been land locked for over 6 million years yet is still it's same old tasty self.
there are almost a hundred different species of tilapia, and there is more than one species in the Sea of Galilee. So I'm not sure how you think that's a point against evolution.

Coelacanth, thought to have been extinct 66 million years ago. Until science found out locals consider them tasty too and looking just like their 66 million year old ancestors.
The two genera of Coelacanth currently living are different from those found in fossils. Not the same as those in fossils. Evolution clearly occurred.

There is nothing in Evolution that mandates change; many many species have remained relatively unchanged over the millennia because there were little or no changes that could benefit the species.
Coelacanth are still Coelacanth and Tilapia is still Tilapia after millions of years.
There is zero evidence any species can change into another more complex species.
Coelacanth and Tilapia are not species. Coelacanth is an Order, and Tilapia is a Tribe.
So saying "Coelacanth is Coelacanth" is the equivalent of saying "Chihuahua, Walrus, raccoon, sabre-tooth tiger...they're all Carnivorans."

Then how can you say it's possible or that a designer could even exist if you don't know how it would work?

Then how can you say it's possible or that a designer could even exist if you don't know how it would work?
I have no idea how time works but I know it does and it exists.

That would be a relevant comparison if there was any proposed alternative to time or if time needed any kind of mechanism.

As it is, the proposed theory for the diversity of species is Evolution. You are saying that you consider Evolution to be impossible and that instead what happened was...you don't know. That's pretty useless.

That would be a relevant comparison if there was any proposed alternative to time or if time needed any kind of mechanism.

As it is, the proposed theory for the diversity of species is Evolution. You are saying that you consider Evolution to be impossible and that instead what happened was...you don't know. That's pretty useless.
What are you talking about? You try to tell me an explosion created Beethoven and you have the audacity to say I need to know exactly how something works to believe in it? Pffft.

As I have said, you have zero evidence for intelligent design. You have repeatedly asked for evidence of evolution. And yet, you have even less for ID.

As I have said, you have zero evidence for intelligent design. You have repeatedly asked for evidence of evolution. And yet, you have even less for ID.
I have all of the evidence right here in this thread.
Explosions do not create order.

I never said they did.

As for the high level of complexity, that is not proof evolution is not accurate. The changes, as they come are minor tweaks to a larger system. There is no explosion that turns an amoeba into a raccoon. But if there are tiny changes to an amoeba, it can become a different animal, albeit still a micro-organism.

I never said they did.

As for the high level of complexity, that is not proof evolution is not accurate. The changes, as they come are minor tweaks to a larger system. There is no explosion that turns an amoeba into a raccoon. But if there are tiny changes to an amoeba, it can become a different animal, albeit still a micro-organism.
Of course you claim explosions naturally evolve into order. There are only two possibilities - buy what they want you to believe about evolution or there is intelligent design.

And I have zero belief an explosion created Beethoven.

I never said they did.

Of course you claim explosions naturally evolve into order. There are only two possibilities - buy what they want you to believe about evolution or there is intelligent design.

What explosions are you talking about? The theory of evolution does not address any explosion.

I never said they did.

What explosions are you talking about? The theory of evolution does not address any explosion.
Of course evolution involves an explosion. An explosion of explosions. So big all they can call it is The Big Bang.

Yeah, you think molten lava became Beethoven. Me, I go with intelligent design, I don't have that much faith.

I never said they did.

Of course evolution involves an explosion. An explosion of explosions. So big all they can call it is The Big Bang.

Yeah, you think molten lava became Beethoven. Me, I go with intelligent design, I don't have that much faith.

What I thought was that you might have a modicum of knowledge about the theory of evolution. It is obvious you don't.

The Big Bang is not part of it. Nor is the origin of life on Earth. This explains a lot. Have a nice day.

I never said they did.

What I thought was that you might have a modicum of knowledge about the theory of evolution. It is obvious you don't.

The Big Bang is not part of it. Nor is the origin of life on Earth. This explains a lot. Have a nice day.
Nice spin, but we all know every public school is brainwashing kids into thinking algae appeared out of nowhere and became a fish which became a frog which became an ape which became a man.

It is outrageous lies, and you know it.

I never said they did.

Nice spin, but we all know every public school is brainwashing kids into thinking algae appeared out of nowhere and became a fish which became a frog which became an ape which became a man.

It is obvious you didn't pay attention in class.

But, once again, feel free to post any evidence that supports intelligent design.

But, once again, feel free to post any evidence that supports intelligent design.
Your inability to stand by what is being taught in classes to children has simply validated the OP, thank you.

Your inability to stand by what is being taught in classes to children has simply validated the OP, thank you.

It has validated nothing. I was discussing the theory of evolution. A topic you obviously know little about, except talking points provided by evangelical pamplets. lol

And when you post "Yeah, you think molten lava became Beethoven", your knowledge on the topic is readily evident.

Why do you think that the Sea of Galilee has been landlocked for 6 million years?
Why do you think that the Coelacanth is 66 million years old?
I used dates a group of scientists use.
Now back to the point. Why no changes in 6 million years, let alone 66 million years?
Because no envirnmental changes occurred that would have forced its elimination in it current form. Though to be thorough in that conclusion one really would require a sample of DNA from that period to compare. Even if in physical shape, and dimensions it appears identical; I'd be willing to bet that genetic markers would indicate some changes at some level, or to some extent..
No environmental changes in 66 million years?
My, aren't we full of knowledge today.
Work on your reading comprehension. Periods, and commas mean something. I said no changes that would force the elimination of its current form. If you insist on quoting me; quote me in full. You'll appear somewhat less foolish.
So no fish has changed in 66 million years. I agree that no fish has changed, my apologies.

No fish is 66 million years old

LOL

Meanwhile- you still can't explain why you claim a fish is 66 million years old- but there is no evidence that man is 66 million years old.

Forum List

Back