Evolution and the Origin of Life

Max Power said:
The easiest example of evolution is antibiotic resistant bacteria.
We force natural selection by killing all bacteria that are not antibiotic resistant.
You don't even have to look back a century to see this.

so the "new" antibiotic strains are not bacteria? They have evolved into a new species ???? :)

LuvRPgrl said:
so the "new" antibiotic strains are not bacteria? They have evolved into a new species ???? :)

Haha. They are still bacteria. In fact, if your literacy skills were up to par, you'd realize they were antibiotic-resistant bacteria.

"Bacteria" is not a species.

Max Power said:
Haha. They are still bacteria. In fact, if your literacy skills were up to par, you'd realize they were antibiotic-resistant bacteria.

"Bacteria" is not a species.

You cite an excellent example of microevolution, which nobody disputes. It's macroevolution that we are arguing against.

Micro evolution supports the concept of macroevolution.
Micro evolution definitely supports the idea of natural selection as a catalyst for evolution.

What you are arguing is that ID is as scientific as evolution. Microevolution is an example of scintiffic evidence which supports evolution. What scientiffic evidence does ID have?

Perhaps science courses should throw in a disclaimer about what science is and is not when they teach everyone how to make a hypothesis..

gop_jeff said:
You cite an excellent example of microevolution, which nobody disputes. It's macroevolution that we are arguing against.

(Without going into debate that has been beaten to death about macroevolution)
I know. If you'll look, Hagbard was citing an example of micro evolution, so I simply cited one that I thought was better.

Max Power said:
(Without going into debate that has been beaten to death about macroevolution)
I know. If you'll look, Hagbard was citing an example of micro evolution, so I simply cited one that I thought was better.

OK, I understand.

Forum List

Back