Evil Walmart Loses Again

Most other retailers and grocery stores don't offer full health care, why should Walmart? Just because they can afford it? They do pay for 2/3 of the premiums.

Just face it. Walmart hires unskilled workers to do easy jobs. If someone wants to make a lifelong career out of working customer service at Walmart, they know what they are getting themselves into. If they want more money or better benefits, there are other jobs out there.
Albertson's,Safeway, Yokes(which is just in washington), even Kmart offers health care to full time employees. Kmart being the only one that doesn't offer full health care anymore since they do not have the money.

Most other retailers and grocery stores don't offer full health care, why should Walmart? Just because they can afford it? They do pay for 2/3 of the premiums.

Just face it. Walmart hires unskilled workers to do easy jobs. If someone wants to make a lifelong career out of working customer service at Walmart, they know what they are getting themselves into. If they want more money or better benefits, there are other jobs out there.
Also by this statement you are telling someone who works at Walmart their whole life maybe because that is the only job they can get their shit out of luck. What about in small towns where Walmart has ran every other retail or hardware store out of business and it is the only place to work, I guess those people should just accept that they won't get health care. YOu are assuming people are you and that they have the means to go to college be it money, physical, or mentally.

Places like Safeway and Kmart also don't employee nearly the number of people as Walmart, thus why they are able to provide health care. And, as you said, Kmart doesn't offer any more than Walmart does.

As for the local stores that Walmart "runs out of town," you think those people offer benefits? Don't make me laugh. You think they paid anymore than Walmart pays? Ha. Get real.

Not one small business that I have worked for has ever offered full benefits. Hell, what about the jobs in fast food, none of them do as well and they are backed by huge corporations most of the time. Fact of the matter is that because Wal-Mart has grown so well people attack it now. What about Microsoft, anyone remember them now? People didn't like them for the same reason and only had the 'monopoly' argument against them because they did offer full benefits, but because they grew fast and a lot of people used their products everyone got mad at them.

Places like Safeway and Kmart also don't employee nearly the number of people as Walmart, thus why they are able to provide health care. And, as you said, Kmart doesn't offer any more than Walmart does.

As for the local stores that Walmart "runs out of town," you think those people offer benefits? Don't make me laugh. You think they paid anymore than Walmart pays? Ha. Get real.
Actually my aunt lost her job at kind of like a local Rite Aid where she had worked for many years with full benefits because Walmart came in putting the place out of business. And my aunt made much more then she would have at Walmart but instead she was able to retire because the place she worked at offered a retirement plan.
And as for Safeway and Kmart they might not employee the same amount of people as Walmart does but they also do not make the kind of money Walmart does. So that kind of blows your theory there.

YOu guys don't want unverisal health care but you don't want business's like Walmart to have to pay their full time employees benefits. Something is going to have to give somewhere!

Hi, I'm Chris, and I only talk about one issue.

Hi I'm Jsaunders, and I only spew right wing talking points, and I ignore every good point guys like Chris ever makes.

Winning the argument is more important than being right to you buddy.

Yes, God for-fucking-bid we stop paying people for time they weren't working. :cuckoo:

Hey, I'm not there for my health J. If I'm there, I should be getting paid.

Next thing your boss is going to put a camera on your sorry ass and everytime you take a sip of coffee, or go post on these boards, they'll dock your pay.

Look at Lawyers. They get paid the second you start talking to them. Their time is valuable, so is mine.

Yes, J, it was easy to squeeze another hour from us with sheeple like you. House slave.

Actually my aunt lost her job at kind of like a local Rite Aid where she had worked for many years with full benefits because Walmart came in putting the place out of business. And my aunt made much more then she would have at Walmart but instead she was able to retire because the place she worked at offered a retirement plan.
And as for Safeway and Kmart they might not employee the same amount of people as Walmart does but they also do not make the kind of money Walmart does. So that kind of blows your theory there.

YOu guys don't want unverisal health care but you don't want business's like Walmart to have to pay their full time employees benefits. Something is going to have to give somewhere!

Yes, Walmart is not worth it. I'd rather have rite aids and meijers and kmart, even if I have to pay an extra buck so your aunt can have healthcare.

Jsanders doesn't realize he's ruining America for himself too. He thinks he's going to be a have when in reality, he's going to be just like one of us.

But many people like Jsaunders never wake up. They die ignorant, blaming the wrong people. Or defending the wrong party.

Think of the labor people who 30 years ago warned us about what Reaganomics would bring. And here it is. How do you like 30 years of GOP rule? Reagan, Bush, then Clinton's congress was GOP, and then the GOP controlled everything from 2000-2006 and Bush finished America off the last two years with the $750 billion bailout, not to mention $10 billion a month in Iraq for 6 years.

Jsaunders is too young and dumb to understand. And his kind of dumb you don't grow out of.

Now he might end up being a boss making $200K a year. Great. How many of us are in that position?

And even if I marry a woman and together we make $200K, I'll never turn my back on the middle class.

If soooo many people are sooooo against shopping at Wal-Mart ... then why do they still exist? Here's the thing, the businesses that close down when a Wal-Mart moves in don't close down because of the Wal-Mart, they do because everyone 'chooses' (a very important concept) to shop there instead. Ever see the South Park ep on Wal-Mart? It explains it so well in such a humorous way. These businesses that close down don't close because Wal-Mart runs them off (there is no legal way to do that) they close because people just choose a different store. Then these same people who shop there are usually the ones to complain when they have to start working there as well.

Hey, I'm not there for my health J. If I'm there, I should be getting paid.

If you're not working, you shouldn't. Breaks = not working. Lunch = not working. But by law in Arkansas, at least, you get two fifteen minute breaks on the clock and one half hour lunch off the clock. Now imagine if you had half a million employees, and they all made $8 an hour, and they all got two fifteen minute breaks on the clock a day. That's $10,000,000 a week paying people for doing nothing.

How do you like 30 years of GOP rule? Reagan, Bush, then Clinton's congress was GOP.

Ummm...no? Reagan had the Senate for six years, and the House for 0 years. Bush Sr. had neither for his entire term. Clinton had Democrats in both houses for two years out of his eight.

Democrats controlled the Senate from 1955 until 1979 and again from 1987 to 1993, and the House from 1949 until 1993.

Learn your history.

I'm not sure what point sealy was trying to make, but I did have to point out that he didn't know what he was talking about when he said the GOP controlled Congress for 30 years.

If soooo many people are sooooo against shopping at Wal-Mart ... then why do they still exist?

Because us smart people are outnumbered by the white trash trailer livin mouth breathing breeders, THAT'S WHY!!!!!

Arrgagahghahahhashahhasha!

(melt down)

See, that is what is so wrong, how is this not regulated, and why do they get away with doing this, anywhere? Can't employees call the BBB and complain?

Making less than $400 for 36+ hours work should be a crime, you are right. I made more than that waiting tables in college for that many hours worked, much more.
Yes there is the Labor board employees can call Zulu. That does not mean an employee is going to get anywhere with a complaint.

Sears is very creative in shafting it's employees for every labor dime they can get. The thing is when the minimum wage is so low these people have no breathing room. The down trodden employee cannot afford to make a wave as they are barely surviving as it is.

I think part of the thing with companies that practice labor theft and get away with it is that they get employees that are already down and out that have little choice but to take some sort of employment. When you get a company that is offering it's insurance and credit as you buy a product I think you may want to keep your eyes open before doing business with them.

Some of these guys there at Sears he worked with told Rod when he was questioning some of sears practices and asking why don't you guys organize, "Sears says they will just shut down their store if they even hear anyone mention union."

I say when companies cannot treat their employees with respect and a basic living wage they need to shut down. If people are unwilling to take a stand for one another they are nothing more than modern day slaves and will be treated as such.

Wal-Mart though can't pay that much and maintain the workforce they have in their stores. Most employees are just happy to have a job because they are the only company willing to employ the "unemployable" (labeled by other companies so they can avoid discrimination charges). Wal-Mart employs many who simply cannot get jobs elsewhere but want or need to work (many just want to work and are already collecting disability or retirement). However with their prices as low as they are, and the number of people they employ, they cannot afford much more. Though they are not paying the least by far, I know many other companies that could afford to pay more still paying less and the employees have no choice because they cannot form a union.

If you're not working, you shouldn't. Breaks = not working. Lunch = not working. But by law in Arkansas, at least, you get two fifteen minute breaks on the clock and one half hour lunch off the clock. Now imagine if you had half a million employees, and they all made $8 an hour, and they all got two fifteen minute breaks on the clock a day. That's $10,000,000 a week paying people for doing nothing.

By law Iowa mandates breaks also. That does not mean that the employee is not on the jobsite nor does it mean that employee actually get's a break either. When you have an employee come to work at 8 Am and that employee is at that place of employment until 4 PM as an employer you bought that persons labor for the day. The employee that is at a place of employment is there at the worksite they should be compensated for their time.

When a company has that person clock in for the day they bought that employees labor for the day.

If a company has a half a million employees they must be making a profit. Don't profit on the poor man and then tell the poor man that you are doing him a favor providing cheap goods that America gets from FREE TRADE!

The Republicans will loose every election there is coming up if they cannot get it through their think skulls that the labor pool of this country is more than a just slave labor to use and abuse at will.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back