Evil Walmart Loses Again

Watch Higher Cost of Lower Prices you might think differently and how they treat their employees here and in China along with how they treat their communities especially in refernce to pollution.

No doubt either Jsanders doesn't know what he's talking about or he's a corporate exec at Walmart. Either or.

Conservatives true agenda is to have a return to Robber Baron feudalism, with a stable, rich, and powerful ruling class, and an impoverished, frightened, and politically impotent working class.

And he's part of the working class.

Last edited:
They're lowering wages.

They pay at least minimum wage. That's all they're required to do. They pay the same wages most retailers pay. In fact, I know people at Walmart who make more than people who work as tellers at banks.

Besides, it's not like they're hiring skilled workers. You think the old guy who stands at the front door should get $10 an hour? Get real.

You're an idiot.

They pay at least minimum wage. That's all they're required to do. They pay the same wages most retailers pay. In fact, I know people at Walmart who make more than people who work as tellers at banks.

Besides, it's not like they're hiring skilled workers. You think the old guy who stands at the front door should get $10 an hour? Get real.

You're an idiot.

One day you'll go to plan out your retirement and you'll realize that you will never be able to retire because you don't have enough money.

Or one day you'll get fucked because of a pre existing condition and it'll ruin your life.

One day you'll see I'm right.

I just wish I could be there to tell you I told you so.

Actually, the Dems won, so you'll be ok. Fucker. You don't even deserve it. And I can not say that I wish McCain won so I could say I told you so, because that would be a lie. :lol:

You're an idiot.

No they don't. Not if they make you work overtime for free. That's why they get sued. That's why they are evil.

I can't wait for Walmart to go Union.

No they don't. Not if they make you work overtime for free. That's why they get sued. That's why they are evil.

Only if the Dems pass a new Wagner Act. Then we can live through a Depression too. I'm getting jazzed for it. Tired of all the old people being able to drag out the "I lived through the depression" crap.

Won't happen. Unions are a dying faction. Unions are for SKILLED workers, anyway. You think there's a "cashiers union" or something? Seriously?

Also, if you read the article, they didn't FORCE people to work off the clock. It simply says they didn't "prevent" it.

I worked at Best Buy a few years ago, and I was forced to work an 10 hour shift and was only given a 30 minute lunch break. THE EVILNESS IS SPREADING. :evil:

I understand this man. He counted on the steady job to pay for his mortgage and the kids' college education and now he's got to figure how to do this. People are busting their butts working 2 - 3 jobs now. I know that's not how he wanted to work in his final years before retirement. He probably will not be able to retire on the schedule he was thinking too. This might be a good lesson for his kids. Perhaps they can chip in too. I worked and went to school at night. It's not as easy, but it is doable.
My friend who is not one of the three he is still raising actually moved hom to help out.
I just think it is funny you guys say he has had it easy and that all he has to do is go back to school or recieve more training but you don't say anything about the fact his company shipped his job to Mexico. SOme of you complain about illegal immigrants and how they take away people's jobs but what about the corporations that send their jobs over seas. Like Walmart for instance with their large factory in China or Nike that was started in Oregon now make their shoes in Indonsia. I bought a pair of Steve Madden shoes the other day and noticed they were made in Brazil. Almost all the baby clothes I got were Made in China, it is almost impossible to find baby clothes made in the United States.
You give excuses for the corporations and tell the worker now they just have to work harder.

Only if the Dems pass a new Wagner Act. Then we can live through a Depression too. I'm getting jazzed for it. Tired of all the old people being able to drag out the "I lived through the depression" crap.

Why would the Wagner Act cause a Depression?

:lol:

I really got a lot out of this article today. PS. Stop trying to scare us. You are wrong. This came from Thom Hartmann's website:

Republicans are working to bring about a return to Robber Baron feudalism, with a stable, rich, and powerful ruling class, and an impoverished, frightened, and politically impotent working class.
But for conservatives to keep the loyalty of the working-class victims of their policies (which are shipping American jobs overseas, while fighting unions and minimum-wage increases here), they must convince people that there is a "them" out there - liberals in this case - who are out to destroy America's moral fiber and are thus responsible for working-class misery.
As Leo Strauss - the mentor of the Neoconservatives currently controlling much of Washington, DC - pointed out, it's not even necessary that the so-called enemies of the nation really be enemies. The myth of national Victimhood, when wrapped in the language of morality, will elevate a politician to power just as surely as will true national victimhood.

Won't happen. Unions are a dying faction. Unions are for SKILLED workers, anyway. You think there's a "cashiers union" or something? Seriously?

Also, if you read the article, they didn't FORCE people to work off the clock. It simply says they didn't "prevent" it.

I worked at Best Buy a few years ago, and I was forced to work an 10 hour shift and was only given a 30 minute lunch break. THE EVILNESS IS SPREADING. :evil:

You were paid for 10 hours, or 9.5.

That's the other thing. You're too young to remember, but I remember going to work for 8 hours, having 2 15 minute breaks and a 1/2 hour lunch and getting PAID for all 8 hours. When did they make it stay 9 hours and get paid for 8? Mother fuckers. :lol:

My friend who is not one of the three he is still raising actually moved hom to help out.
I just think it is funny you guys say he has had it easy and that all he has to do is go back to school or recieve more training but you don't say anything about the fact his company shipped his job to Mexico. SOme of you complain about illegal immigrants and how they take away people's jobs but what about the corporations that send their jobs over seas. Like Walmart for instance with their large factory in China or Nike that was started in Oregon now make their shoes in Indonsia. I bought a pair of Steve Madden shoes the other day and noticed they were made in Brazil. Almost all the baby clothes I got were Made in China, it is almost impossible to find baby clothes made in the United States.
You give excuses for the corporations and tell the worker now they just have to work harder.

This is what happens when a country moves to a service based economy. People overseas will make things cheaper, so companies would rather buy them cheap than produce them for more. If you ever thought that companies existed for any other reason than to maximize profits, I'm sorry you're that delusional.

No one is giving excuses for the corporations. There are no excuses to be given. They aren't violating any laws by shipping jobs overseas. When the US taxes them out the fucking ass for everything they do, why WOULDN'T they operate overseas instead? Sorry, until corporate tax rates drop and the cost to manufacture in the US drops, jobs will continue to go overseas. Remember what Michele Obama said about the pie? Something about not needing a whole piece? Or was it Barack who said people need to cut back and live within their means? Either way, the point I'm making is: if workers didn't want $15 an hour for doing a meaningless job, companies wouldn't ship overseas to the guys who'll do it for half that. You want $15 or $20 an hour? Earn it. You want to work as a cashier at Walmart? You're not going to get much more than minimum wage. Sorry.

You were paid for 10 hours, or 9.5.

That's the other thing. You're too young to remember, but I remember going to work for 8 hours, having 2 15 minute breaks and a 1/2 hour lunch and getting PAID for all 8 hours. When did they make it stay 9 hours and get paid for 8? Mother fuckers. :lol:

Yes, God for-fucking-bid we stop paying people for time they weren't working. :cuckoo:

This is what happens when a country moves to a service based economy. People overseas will make things cheaper, so companies would rather buy them cheap than produce them for more. If you ever thought that companies existed for any other reason than to maximize profits, I'm sorry you're that delusional.

No one is giving excuses for the corporations. There are no excuses to be given. They aren't violating any laws by shipping jobs overseas. When the US taxes them out the fucking ass for everything they do, why WOULDN'T they operate overseas instead? Sorry, until corporate tax rates drop and the cost to manufacture in the US drops, jobs will continue to go overseas. Remember what Michele Obama said about the pie? Something about not needing a whole piece? Or was it Barack who said people need to cut back and live within their means? Either way, the point I'm making is: if workers didn't want $15 an hour for doing a meaningless job, companies wouldn't ship overseas to the guys who'll do it for half that. You want $15 or $20 an hour? Earn it. You want to work as a cashier at Walmart? You're not going to get much more than minimum wage. Sorry.

Corporate tax rates? You have got to me kidding me.

Chinese slave labor is the problem, not corporate tax rates!

How about both?

Hardly.

Corporate tax rates have been coming down for years.

One of the problems is that America companies have to pay for healthcare, foreign companies don't. The lack of universal healthcare is killing American competitiveness. Toyota located a plant in Canada because they don't have to pay for healthcare there.

Hardly.

Corporate tax rates have been coming down for years.

One of the problems is that America companies have to pay for healthcare, foreign companies don't. The lack of universal healthcare is killing American competitiveness. Toyota located a plant in Canada because they don't have to pay for healthcare there.

OK you win--Chinese slavery is the problem.

Walmart has been ripping its employees off for years. Walmart managers teach their employees how to apply for medical benefits and food stamps through the state because their wage and benefit package is so poor.

Walmart has been ripping its employees off for years. Walmart managers teach their employees how to apply for medical benefits and food stamps through the state because their wage and benefit package is so poor.

:cuckoo:

I know a lot of Walmart employees, and I've never heard of such a thing. How about you substantiate that claim?

And, again, they pay at least minimum wage, usually more. That's the same as any other retailer is going to pay. I can't believe how ignorant some people are.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back