Evil Walmart Loses Again

The real problem is not with corporate policy, in most of these cases, but with managers who do not follow guidelines and try to cut spending at every corner.

For a company that employes over 1 million people, you are going to see problems. For those who hate Walmart so much, stop shopping there. The only reason they have grown into the largest corporation in the world is that we, the consumers, choose to spend our money there.

The only thing I buy at Walmart are shoes for my autistic child. I can't find velcro fasten shoes anywhere else in town and trust me, I've looked. I can't even find them at Walmart all the time.

The people that choose not to shop there, do you know the business practices of all the other businesses that you patronize?

To me WalMart, seems to be getting most of the bad rap because they are so big and it isn't unionized.

The people that choose not to shop there, do you know the business practices of all the other businesses that you patronize?

To me WalMart, seems to be getting most of the bad rap because they are so big and it isn't unionized.

Walmart has changed the way companies do business. They are EVIL. They tell vendors what the prices will be, not the other way around. They lower their prices so low that other places can't compete. They make their employees work overtime for free.

And they are ruining America. All so you can save a dime on toilet paper.

Walmart has changed the way companies do business. They are EVIL. They tell vendors what the prices will be, not the other way around. They lower their prices so low that other places can't compete. They make their employees work overtime for free.

And they are ruining America. All so you can save a dime on toilet paper.

Corporations are evil for making profit? Some of the concepts they apply is basic capitalism. Lowering their prices so they can more profit is not evil.

Have they used bullying tactics with their vendors? Yes.

I'm not saying WalMart is so great. But you also forget that they employee thousands of people and more than not these employees are happy with WalMart.

The real problem is not with corporate policy, in most of these cases, but with managers who do not follow guidelines and try to cut spending at every corner.

For a company that employes over 1 million people, you are going to see problems. For those who hate Walmart so much, stop shopping there. The only reason they have grown into the largest corporation in the world is that we, the consumers, choose to spend our money there.
The fact is that some companies encourage this type of behavior. Agreed though the managers hold a higher accountability.

Hasn't been routine where I've worked...

Do you work in retail?

It's extremely common to make everyone and assistant MANAGER who is, therefore, ineligble for overtime, and expected to work as many hours as it takes to make their "numbers".

It's a semantics game corporations in retail like to play with their workforce.

This game/ripoff has been going on as long as I can remember in retail.

Last edited:
I almost always vote with my wallet against Walmart's business practices. I don't like how they do business, so 96.8% of the time, I don't shop there.
Then do not shop at Sears or Kmart either for they are even worse than Walmart.

Do you work in retail?

It's extremely common to make everyone and assistant MANAGER who is, therefore, ineligble for overtime, and expected to work as many hours as it takes to make their "numbers".

It's a semantics game corporations in retail like to play with their workforce.

This game/ripoff has been going on as long as I can remember in retail.
Rod worked at sears last winter so we would not freeze and an attempt to keep up house payments. The Sears manager changed and alter time sheets. The manager would tell him to not clock in or when to clock in. Even though the employees are their at the place of work they lose at least one hour a day of their measely 5 or 6 bucks an hour. That is a standard policy that was observed there at Sears while he worked there.

As far as I am concerned for any employee to put in 36 to 39 hours a week and come home with less than $400.00 every two weeks it should be a crime.

I don't shop at Kmart or Sears though I seriously doubt they can be worse than Walmart.
from what i have seen Sears is worse. I've chatted with Walmart employees after Rod worked at sears. I have a curious nature that away because it really is the only way to get a good perspective when you are looking at any given situation.

yea no one ever shops there cause their parking lots are full...i shop at walmart....as much as i hate but right now saving 2 bucks per item appeals to me...if i can get it at the same price locally i do..cause its a 30 miles drive to the nearest walmart from here...but on things like cat food/dog food/pharamarcy products i can save a lot of money...their 4 dollar drugs are life savers to many people....

as far as how they treat their vendors and employees they fucking suck...
Agreed. Walmart has a few redeeming policies. They do hire the disabled too. I buy as little as possible there though.

But you also forget that they employee thousands of people and more than not these employees are happy with WalMart.

GM used to employ the most Americans. Those employees made great money. Those are the kinds of jobs America needs if we are to have a strong middle class.

Walmart employees do not make good money.

This is a problem in America.

But yes, when jobs are scarce, people are just happy to have a job. They may barely make ends meet, but it's better than nothing.

Walmart jobs are good if it is a second income. Like let's say your husband makes $50K and you just want a job to make a few extra bucks. Walmart is great for that. Or for hiring seniors.

But Walmart is lowering American middle class wages, and I don't like it.

And I pray that Walmart employees vote to go Union. That'll prove that most of them ARE NOT happy with Walmart, as you suggest.

Rod worked at sears last winter so we would not freeze and an attempt to keep up house payments. The Sears manager changed and alter time sheets. The manager would tell him to not clock in or when to clock in. Even though the employees are their at the place of work they lose at least one hour a day of their measely 5 or 6 bucks an hour. That is a standard policy that was observed there at Sears while he worked there.

As far as I am concerned for any employee to put in 36 to 39 hours a week and come home with less than $400.00 every two weeks it should be a crime.

See, that is what is so wrong, how is this not regulated, and why do they get away with doing this, anywhere? Can't employees call the BBB and complain?

Making less than $400 for 36+ hours work should be a crime, you are right. I made more than that waiting tables in college for that many hours worked, much more.

Corporations are evil for making profit?

Why don't you google Walmart is evil and see what you find. Do some research. Or do you know what Walmart is doing and you don't care because you think corporations should be able to do whatever they want as long as they don't break the law?

WAL-MART Drives Down Retail Wages $3 BILLION Every Year

This conglomerate GIANT is putting on stall tactics to avoid payment hoping the small company's will fold (not many can survive million dollar deficit's) or start litigation so their corporate lawyers can tie this up in court for years! They would rather pay their big shot lawyers than pay their bills and they are destroying our economy!

Or that Walmart doesn't offer Healthcare so their employees go to emergency rooms to get treated and that's put on us tax payers.

In 2000, "Wal-Mart paid $50 million to settle a class-action suit that asserted that 69,000 current and former Wal-Mart employees in Colorado had worked off the clock."

I could go on all day with what's wrong with Walmart, but I doubt you'll see it.

from what i have seen Sears is worse. I've chatted with Walmart employees after Rod worked at sears. I have a curious nature that away because it really is the only way to get a good perspective when you are looking at any given situation.

And no doubt Sears and other companies will follow Walmart's lead if Walmart gets away with it.

Walmart is why corporations need to be regulated.

In my experience, corporate offices, managerial positions are not compensated for overtime hours; underlings are.

But if you're saying that WalMart is singled out while others are doing the same thing, then of course that's wrong. WalMart is getting quite a beating this Christmas season.

They are doing great this Christmas season is what i had heard PC, (at least compared to other retailers), because they are recession proof, when things go sour the "walmarts" of the world, the low end discounters, usually do better...the jcpennys/macy's/Dillard's do worse...

care

They are doing great this Christmas season is what i had heard PC, (at least compared to other retailers), because they are recession proof, when things go sour the "walmarts" of the world, the low end discounters, usually do better...the jcpennys/macy's/Dillard's do worse...

care

I meant that they are getting a beating publicity wise with the trampling death and now the court going against them...

You are right that they are recession-proof.

Why don't you google Walmart is evil and see what you find. Do some research. Or do you know what Walmart is doing and you don't care because you think corporations should be able to do whatever they want as long as they don't break the law?

WAL-MART Drives Down Retail Wages $3 BILLION Every Year

This conglomerate GIANT is putting on stall tactics to avoid payment hoping the small company's will fold (not many can survive million dollar deficit's) or start litigation so their corporate lawyers can tie this up in court for years! They would rather pay their big shot lawyers than pay their bills and they are destroying our economy!

Or that Walmart doesn't offer Healthcare so their employees go to emergency rooms to get treated and that's put on us tax payers.

In 2000, "Wal-Mart paid $50 million to settle a class-action suit that asserted that 69,000 current and former Wal-Mart employees in Colorado had worked off the clock."

I could go on all day with what's wrong with Walmart, but I doubt you'll see it.

You probably won't find the breadwinner of the family working at Walmart. You are not going to get paid top-notch dollars for a cashier or stock job.

These jobs are usually for low-skilled people.

As far as providing healthcare, corporations should not be obligated to provide such for their employees. If people need this, they need to find a corporation that provides it. Probably, the people who work at Walmart couldn't find a better deal elsewhere.

You probably won't find the breadwinner of the family working at Walmart. You are not going to get paid top-notch dollars for a cashier or stock job.

These jobs are usually for low-skilled people.

As far as providing healthcare, corporations should not be obligated to provide such for their employees. If people need this, they need to find a corporation that provides it. Probably, the people who work at Walmart couldn't find a better deal elsewhere.

Considering how many of our jobs are going overseas, and the number of foreigners being brought in to do the jobs that remain here, exactly where are we suppose to find jobs that pay breadwinner salaries?

Forum List

Back