Evil Walmart Loses Again

I have a freaking funny WalMart Bingo that my brother sent me in email, I don't know how to scan it to post here, but will try later! It had me rolling on the floor, because it was so true!

Yes, but it has become routine in corporate America to insist upon unpaid hours. Totally illegal, IMHO.

In my experience, corporate offices, managerial positions are not compensated for overtime hours; underlings are.

But if you're saying that WalMart is singled out while others are doing the same thing, then of course that's wrong. WalMart is getting quite a beating this Christmas season.

Yep, the underlings get screwed. I used to work for a large grocery chain in the deli and us underlings were made to clock out and then finish closing down the deli. Corporation saved money and the deli manager got a yearly bonus for keeping payroll down.

HOme Depot and Lowes also engage in this practice.

Ah. I am thinking of corporate office environments, not retail ones. If I had people under me work off the clock, I'd be out of a job myself. The firm I am with wouldn't stand for it.

Yep, the underlings get screwed. I used to work for a large grocery chain in the deli and us underlings were made to clock out and then finish closing down the deli. Corporation saved money and the deli manager got a yearly bonus for keeping payroll down.

That grocery chain is in violation and you have a right to sue for back wages.

The real problem is not with corporate policy, in most of these cases, but with managers who do not follow guidelines and try to cut spending at every corner.

For a company that employes over 1 million people, you are going to see problems. For those who hate Walmart so much, stop shopping there. The only reason they have grown into the largest corporation in the world is that we, the consumers, choose to spend our money there.

This time, in Minnesota, for forcing employees to work unpaid hours:

Wal-Mart to pay $54.25M to settle Minn. lawsuit - Yahoo! News

Walmart is just another name for Satan.

Walmart spelled backward is Tramlaw. I don't know what that means, but it doesn't sound good. :lol:

Boy has American fallen, huh? From the largest creditor nation to the largest debtor nation. And no one seems to notice/care much about this. Sending all manufacturing out of the country, not producing anything.

GM used to be the largest employer in America, I believe. Now I believe it is Walmart? That's absolutely pathetic.

I never shop at Walmart.

Ah. I am thinking of corporate office environments, not retail ones. If I had people under me work off the clock, I'd be out of a job myself. The firm I am with wouldn't stand for it.

I'm salaried, so of course that means I work off the clock all the damn time. That's why they pay me the big bucks. But my company is quite clear on who can work overtime, and who can't. As well, who can travel (where we often end up working 70+ hours a week with travel time + work on site), and who can't (or if they are required to, must be compensated at time and a half). It is clearly illegal to force hourly workers to work additional time for free. And yet, Walmart does it all the damn time.

For a company that employes over 1 million people, you are going to see problems. For those who hate Walmart so much, stop shopping there. The only reason they have grown into the largest corporation in the world is that we, the consumers, choose to spend our money there.
I almost always vote with my wallet against Walmart's business practices. I don't like how they do business, so 96.8% of the time, I don't shop there.

yea no one ever shops there cause their parking lots are full...i shop at walmart....as much as i hate but right now saving 2 bucks per item appeals to me...if i can get it at the same price locally i do..cause its a 30 miles drive to the nearest walmart from here...but on things like cat food/dog food/pharamarcy products i can save a lot of money...their 4 dollar drugs are life savers to many people....

as far as how they treat their vendors and employees they fucking suck...

Forum List

Back