Evil Republicans limit public union collective bargaining rights again!

Perhaps the Dems in MA caught a clue for a change.

They have been hosing the taxpayers in MA for decades. Most are in bed with the Unions.

The vaunted HC system is costing them up the ass as well.

Kinda figure the voters in MA are fed up and the money tree is damned near empty so they all held their noses and voted.

Wonder if MA would ever go Red???

House lawmakers voted overwhelmingly last night to strip police officers, teachers, and other municipal employees of most of their rights to bargain over health care, saying the change would save millions of dollars for financially strapped cities and towns.

The 111-to-42 vote followed tougher measures to broadly eliminate collective bargaining rights for public employees in Ohio, Wisconsin, and other states. But unlike those efforts, the push in Massachusetts was led by Democrats who have traditionally stood with labor to oppose any reduction in workers’ rights.

The Boston Globe

I'm curious to see how those of you who were breathing fire over the Republicans doing this in Wisconsin and Ohio will now react to the Democrats doing exactly the same thing in Massachusetts.

I have no problem saying that it sucks. Shame on ANY politician blaming the the workers for the financial mess their state is in. The workers didn't cause it and budgets shouldn't be balanced on the workers backs. And I don't care if they have a D or R next to their name.

I won't buy what you just said until you are demanding a recall.

Until then you are a partisan hack trying to say what you think we want to hear.

The GOP is doing a nice job of villifying the teachers, firefighters, police, etc. They have made these people out to be worse than the taliban. Yet the corporations will walk away laughing. Those that wish for all this to happen are voting themselves right into a bigger plutocracy than already exists. It's fine for them to pay in more, but to take away some seniority for those that have dedicated their lives to their jobs? This is stupid. The snowplow drivers NEED TO REMEMBER THIS NEXT TIME THERE IS A BLIZZARD....take your time boys....tell the business owners to stick it. When wages are cut, so should the motivation be cut.

Hey you evil fucking bastard;

The union thugs did that in NYC this winter.

People died b/c ambulances couldn't get to them you dumb fucking cock sucking evil little moron.

oh, wait. it was evil democrats in massachusetts.

sorry for the misunderstanding

State House votes to limit union bargaining rights - BostonHerald.com

the house is composed of 128 D and 31 R.

i guess the recall effort will start any minute now. :rofl:

"The Massachusetts House voted Tuesday to dramatically strengthen the power of city and town leaders to change health insurance plans for municipal employees over the objections of unions.

The 111-42 vote late Tuesday came after House leaders agreed to modify their original plan in the hopes of heading off labor opposition."

I like this thread for multiple reasons.

1) The title is honest that it is PUBLIC SECTOR unions which have borne the brunt of the people's angst
2) You highlight the fact that fiscal responsibility is, as it should be, something both parties need to adress. I know you didn't really intend that but your post does highlight it.

House lawmakers voted overwhelmingly last night to strip police officers, teachers, and other municipal employees of most of their rights to bargain over health care, saying the change would save millions of dollars for financially strapped cities and towns.

The 111-to-42 vote followed tougher measures to broadly eliminate collective bargaining rights for public employees in Ohio, Wisconsin, and other states. But unlike those efforts, the push in Massachusetts was led by Democrats who have traditionally stood with labor to oppose any reduction in workers’ rights.

The Boston Globe

I'm curious to see how those of you who were breathing fire over the Republicans doing this in Wisconsin and Ohio will now react to the Democrats doing exactly the same thing in Massachusetts.

I have no problem saying that it sucks. Shame on ANY politician blaming the the workers for the financial mess their state is in. The workers didn't cause it and budgets shouldn't be balanced on the workers backs. And I don't care if they have a D or R next to their name.

Well hells bells. What about the working taxpayers who are footing the bills?? What about their backs??

Apparantly that set of workers isn't worth your concern??

"The Massachusetts House voted Tuesday to dramatically strengthen the power of city and town leaders to change health insurance plans for municipal employees over the objections of unions.

The 111-42 vote late Tuesday came after House leaders agreed to modify their original plan in the hopes of heading off labor opposition."

Yea del, this is just like Wisconsin, so where are the recall votes?

You know, I believe in equal justice. Last week my buddy got a ticket for driving 80 mph in a school zone and they want to suspend his license...do you believe that??? Why just the other day I saw a guy drive past the house, he had to be doing almost 40 mph, and the speed limit is 35 mph! WHY isn't he facing suspension of his license?

:clap2:
Worst analogy ever​

The Boston Globe

Public Sector Union employees simply make too much money for the taxpayers to afford to pay them. It sucks for everyone.

I would be up in arms if the politicians were going after private sector unions but they aren't, its only public sector and I approve of the desire to reduce the labor costs that are paid for with tax dollars.

Well hells bells. What about the working taxpayers who are footing the bills?? What about their backs??

Apparantly that set of workers isn't worth your concern??

He doesn't care about the working poor that have to pay taxes and take food from the mouths of thier children. He wants to stick it to the rich. sadly he's to dumb to know that that will just get passed onto the poor.

union thugs can't think past thier own pocket.

please tell me what the difference is between this and WI.

is it okay to take away some rights but not others?

I am not defending the actions of Democrats in Mass, it is spineless they refuse to raise taxes on millionaires, but it not union busting. It is a matter of intent and scope. The Mass law is limited to collective bargaining over health insurance issues and gives local authorities the ability to set deductibles and co-pay amounts after 30 days notice to the union.

The Wisconsin bill is intended to destroy all public unions that didn't support Gov Walker.

uh huh. how is it substantively different?

other than being implemented by republicans, that is.

Well del, then I guess driving through a school zone at 80 mph is exactly the same as doing 40 in a 35.

Nola hit the nail on the head. Go to a government office and just watch what goes on, or more importantly what doesn't go on. Try calling on the phone and finally getting trough after 10 or15 minutes and see what that gets you. I swear that the average clerical worker has an IQ of 10 and could not care less about helping the people who pay their wage.

The problem is not the worker demanding more it is the management giving in. Let them take a hike and pull a Regan on them. It is guaranteed to get their attention.

Public Sector Union employees simply make too much money for the taxpayers to afford to pay them. It sucks for everyone.

I would be up in arms if the politicians were going after private sector unions but they aren't, its only public sector and I approve of the desire to reduce the labor costs that are paid for with tax dollars.

False.

The national nonpartisan Economic Policy Institute (EPI), found in Wisconsin that state and local employees earn 4.8% less per hour in total compensation than their peers in the private sector. That number jumps to 25% for college-educated employees. EPI found that, on average, Wisconsin’s public employees with a bachelor’s degree earn $61,668 in total compensation; their peers working for private employers earn $82,134 in wages and benefits.
Are Public Employees Overpaid?

.......................................I'm curious to see how those of you who were breathing fire over the Republicans doing this in Wisconsin and Ohio will now react to the Democrats doing exactly the same thing in Massachusetts.

Probably in the same manner they have reacted to BHO aka The Kenyan continuing and expanding the Bush Wars of Terror in the M.E.

.........................crickets.....................

I don't know where you guys live, but try to get a job here in Jefferson Parish, or at the state level. There is a waiting list... Why? Because the jobs suck? No. Because it is has always been guaranteed employment, with good benefits, good hours, lots of vacation and holidays, pension, etc. and it is recession proof employment.

This just isn't reality.

False.

The national nonpartisan Economic Policy Institute (EPI), found in Wisconsin that state and local employees earn 4.8% less per hour in total compensation than their peers in the private sector. That number jumps to 25% for college-educated employees. EPI found that, on average, Wisconsin’s public employees with a bachelor’s degree earn $61,668 in total compensation; their peers working for private employers earn $82,134 in wages and benefits.

The link goes to a left wing rag site with no link to the EPI.

unless it's well hidden.:lol:

Yea del, this is just like Wisconsin, so where are the recall votes?
Get those petitions rolling out!! Sign up to help out!!

You know, I believe in equal justice. Last week my buddy got a ticket for driving 80 mph in a school zone and they want to suspend his license...do you believe that??? Why just the other day I saw a guy drive past the house, he had to be doing almost 40 mph, and the speed limit is 35 mph! WHY isn't he facing suspension of his license?

Because 80 in a school zone is beyond fucking stupid....

False.

The link goes to a left wing rag site with no link to the EPI.

unless it's well hidden.:lol:

I will do this for you just this one time, if you get stuck again, ask your nanny, OK?

Public-sector workers earn less

The GOP is doing a nice job of villifying the teachers, firefighters, police, etc. They have made these people out to be worse than the taliban. Yet the corporations will walk away laughing. Those that wish for all this to happen are voting themselves right into a bigger plutocracy than already exists. It's fine for them to pay in more, but to take away some seniority for those that have dedicated their lives to their jobs? This is stupid. The snowplow drivers NEED TO REMEMBER THIS NEXT TIME THERE IS A BLIZZARD....take your time boys....tell the business owners to stick it. When wages are cut, so should the motivation be cut.

Hey you evil fucking bastard;

The union thugs did that in NYC this winter.

People died b/c ambulances couldn't get to them you dumb fucking cock sucking evil little moron.

It is BULLSHIT right wing propaganda...It was Republican New York City Councilman David Halloran who first suggested unions were behind the unplowed streets.

"They sent a message to the rest of the city that these particular labor issues are more important," Halloran told The New York Post.

Halloran cited three anonymous city workers to make his point.

George Will scapegoats unions over NY snow jam

This shows the problem with collective bargaining for public sector unions.

“It’s pretty stunning,’’ said Robert J. Haynes, president of the Massachusetts AFL-CIO. “These are the same Democrats that all these labor unions elected. The same Democrats who we contributed to in their campaigns. The same Democrats who tell us over and over again that they’re with us, that they believe in collective bargaining, that they believe in unions. . . . It’s a done deal for our relationship with the people inside that chamber.’’

This is the main problem. The unions spend millions to get these politicians elected then the politicians roll over and give the unions millions back in unsubstainable perks and huge pay increases.

This shows the problem with collective bargaining for public sector unions.

“It’s pretty stunning,’’ said Robert J. Haynes, president of the Massachusetts AFL-CIO. “These are the same Democrats that all these labor unions elected. The same Democrats who we contributed to in their campaigns. The same Democrats who tell us over and over again that they’re with us, that they believe in collective bargaining, that they believe in unions. . . . It’s a done deal for our relationship with the people inside that chamber.’’

This is the main problem. The unions spend millions to get these politicians elected then the politicians roll over and give the unions millions back in unsubstainable perks and huge pay increases.

YOUR main problem, the facts don't support your claims. Public sectors employees make less than private sector employees. But don't let facts deter your dogma.

I am not defending the actions of Democrats in Mass, it is spineless they refuse to raise taxes on millionaires, but it not union busting. It is a matter of intent and scope. The Mass law is limited to collective bargaining over health insurance issues and gives local authorities the ability to set deductibles and co-pay amounts after 30 days notice to the union.

The Wisconsin bill is intended to destroy all public unions that didn't support Gov Walker.

uh huh. how is it substantively different?

other than being implemented by republicans, that is.

Well del, then I guess driving through a school zone at 80 mph is exactly the same as doing 40 in a 35.

good non answer. :thup:

too bad you can't take off the hack blinders once in awhile.

Forum List

Back