Evil Republicans limit public union collective bargaining rights again!

House lawmakers voted overwhelmingly last night to strip police officers, teachers, and other municipal employees of most of their rights to bargain over health care, saying the change would save millions of dollars for financially strapped cities and towns.

The 111-to-42 vote followed tougher measures to broadly eliminate collective bargaining rights for public employees in Ohio, Wisconsin, and other states. But unlike those efforts, the push in Massachusetts was led by Democrats who have traditionally stood with labor to oppose any reduction in workers’ rights.

The Boston Globe

I'm curious to see how those of you who were breathing fire over the Republicans doing this in Wisconsin and Ohio will now react to the Democrats doing exactly the same thing in Massachusetts.

I have no problem saying that it sucks. Shame on ANY politician blaming the the workers for the financial mess their state is in. The workers didn't cause it and budgets shouldn't be balanced on the workers backs. And I don't care if they have a D or R next to their name.

The workers are not being blamed...the unions are with their demands. For govt unions, the taxpayers who fund these employees have no position at the bargaining table. The unions are in bed with the politicians who then authorize higher pay as they are fearful of the unions thug tactics and also want union support in their next eledction. Even the federal employee unions working for Obama do not have collective bargaining rights as it is a conflict of interest.

The GOP is doing a nice job of villifying the teachers, firefighters, police, etc. They have made these people out to be worse than the taliban. Yet the corporations will walk away laughing. Those that wish for all this to happen are voting themselves right into a bigger plutocracy than already exists. It's fine for them to pay in more, but to take away some seniority for those that have dedicated their lives to their jobs? This is stupid. The snowplow drivers NEED TO REMEMBER THIS NEXT TIME THERE IS A BLIZZARD....take your time boys....tell the business owners to stick it. When wages are cut, so should the motivation be cut.

Your so far off base. No one is going after Teachers. Firefighters and etc. Their Unions are out of control with demands that can't be met in this economy but are unwilling to budge. Ultimately the people lose as the fat cat union bosses will still be sitting in their big houses, driving their big cars. Go after their unreasonable demands. The country, states and counties are broke...how hard is that to understand.
What about Obama's shared responsibility speech. Does that only apply to non union workers?

oh, wait. it was evil democrats in massachusetts.

sorry for the misunderstanding

State House votes to limit union bargaining rights - BostonHerald.com

the house is composed of 128 D and 31 R.

i guess the recall effort will start any minute now. :rofl:

"The Massachusetts House voted Tuesday to dramatically strengthen the power of city and town leaders to change health insurance plans for municipal employees over the objections of unions.

The 111-42 vote late Tuesday came after House leaders agreed to modify their original plan in the hopes of heading off labor opposition."

BASTARDS !!!!! :eusa_boohoo:

"The Massachusetts House voted Tuesday to dramatically strengthen the power of city and town leaders to change health insurance plans for municipal employees over the objections of unions.

The 111-42 vote late Tuesday came after House leaders agreed to modify their original plan in the hopes of heading off labor opposition."

Why you being so extremist, del? :D

:eusa_angel:

House lawmakers voted overwhelmingly last night to strip police officers, teachers, and other municipal employees of most of their rights to bargain over health care, saying the change would save millions of dollars for financially strapped cities and towns.

The 111-to-42 vote followed tougher measures to broadly eliminate collective bargaining rights for public employees in Ohio, Wisconsin, and other states. But unlike those efforts, the push in Massachusetts was led by Democrats who have traditionally stood with labor to oppose any reduction in workers’ rights.

The Boston Globe

I'm curious to see how those of you who were breathing fire over the Republicans doing this in Wisconsin and Ohio will now react to the Democrats doing exactly the same thing in Massachusetts.

This has GOT to be terrifying to them.

They don't get that the days of hijacking taxpayers over and over without consequences are over. The money's spent, and now we HAVE to cut expenses.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Democrats have done a fabulous job convincing ignorant voters that they are fighting for the poor, the working people, and the needy. This exposes the charade.

So on the other hand you're admitting that this is an attack on the poor, the working people, and the needy? That's refreshing!!

Let's be real for a moment shall we? Both parties cater to the rich folks that fund their election campaigns. Democrats are very good at pretending they are fighting for the oppressed, the poor, the needy, et.al., but they are really just playing charades.

Case in point - cutting the deficit. The Democrats will pretend that they are going to raise taxes on the "rich", they'll demagogue the living shit out it and we'll be inundated with nonstop stories from breathless reporters about how the poor "McNally family from Baltimore" and millions more, will be eating sawdust and worms because of proposed budget cuts by the evil Republicans.

But the issue is already decided with a wink and a nod - no tax increases will be approved for anyone, especially not the evil "rich". (where will the campaign money come from!!???) The budget will be cut (as it should be) and the poor needy will have to do with less from the government. It's the way things are done in Washington. Democrats know that they'll get the "poor" vote, the "progressive" vote, the "black" vote, and the "labor" vote anyway. They have nothing to lose and they know it.

The Democrats will blame it all on the Republicans who by the way, control only 1/2 of 1/3 of the government :cuckoo: - it's a classic "look over there" trick and Democrat voters fall for it every time.

You forgot to mention that while the poor eat there saw dust and worms, the republicans will be eating babe harp seal pup soup and washing it down with a nice glass of orphan tears.

The Boston Globe

I have no problem saying that it sucks. Shame on ANY politician blaming the the workers for the financial mess their state is in. The workers didn't cause it and budgets shouldn't be balanced on the workers backs. And I don't care if they have a D or R next to their name.

Backs schmacks! Carter did this in 1978 to federal workers and there wasn't a peep to be heard from anyone!

And I am sick and tired of you libs calling the unions "the workers."

AS IF, no one in the country "works" unless they are part of a union.

I got news for you. There are plenty of "workers" out there tired of paying into the union coffers via confiscation of their hard earned money, while unions bleat they want more.

PLUS, a lot of those workers are OUT OF WORK right now, yet they are paying into unions WHO HAVE BETTER BENEFITS THAN THEY DO.

The taxpayer is not a money tree. They do have limits.

States can't print money like the feds. They either have to cut expenses or borrow.

The GOP is doing a nice job of villifying the teachers, firefighters, police, etc. They have made these people out to be worse than the taliban. Yet the corporations will walk away laughing. Those that wish for all this to happen are voting themselves right into a bigger plutocracy than already exists. It's fine for them to pay in more, but to take away some seniority for those that have dedicated their lives to their jobs? This is stupid. The snowplow drivers NEED TO REMEMBER THIS NEXT TIME THERE IS A BLIZZARD....take your time boys....tell the business owners to stick it. When wages are cut, so should the motivation be cut.

People are OUT OF WORK. The money is not coming into the state the way it used to be.

When your wages are cut, or you are out of work, what do you do?

You HAVE TO CUT SPENDING.

You libs screaming about "corporations" are clueless.

They are leaving my state (Ohio) because of the taxation.

When they leave, it puts people out of work, thus less money coming into the state's coffers.

They have to cut spending. (and if they were smart they would slash taxes to bring the businesses back!)

The union thugs (workers) did cause it. Anyone who claims otherwise is an imbecile or a lying scumbag.

I thought liberals believe we all need to sacrifice. How about if these privileged government employees do a little sacrificing?

I would grandfather current public worker benefits and then replace all public pensions with a 401K plan and a stipend for health care insurance. That would be a sustainable system and not require increases in property or other taxes.

Screw the "grandfathering." Why should a work like a borrowed mule to pay their outrageous pensions because some scumbag politician took their political donations that came out of my pocket?

You're the fucking scumbag since you expect government to wipe your ass but don't want to pay the people who work for you. You'd be the first one to wet his pants if your road wasn't plowed, garbage wasn't picked up or you couldn't flush a toilet.

So STFU and pay the poor bastards that YOU hired to work for you.

Who's talking about not paying them?

We are talking about benefits.

Dude I used to work for the State of Ohio. That's right. I was a state worker. So was my husband. I understand their perspective completely.

I ALSO UNDERSTAND the perspective of the TAX PAYER. You can't just keep demanding the tax payer pony up. Our unemployment right now is (last time I heard it cited) 12%!

You can't get blood from a stone! It's time to face reality.

I don't know why anybody's really surprised.

This is still more evidence of the duelopoly's reach.

Yea del, this is just like Wisconsin, so where are the recall votes?

You know, I believe in equal justice. Last week my buddy got a ticket for driving 80 mph in a school zone and they want to suspend his license...do you believe that??? Why just the other day I saw a guy drive past the house, he had to be doing almost 40 mph, and the speed limit is 35 mph! WHY isn't he facing suspension of his license?

The workers are not being blamed...the unions are with their demands. For govt unions, the taxpayers who fund these employees have no position at the bargaining table. The unions are in bed with the politicians who then authorize higher pay as they are fearful of the unions thug tactics and also want union support in their next eledction. Even the federal employee unions working for Obama do not have collective bargaining rights as it is a conflict of interest.

Uhhh.....please read through this thread as well as other threads and THEN tell me that the "workers are not being blamed".

You know, I believe in equal justice. Last week my buddy got a ticket for driving 80 mph in a school zone and they want to suspend his license...do you believe that??? Why just the other day I saw a guy drive past the house, he had to be doing almost 40 mph, and the speed limit is 35 mph! WHY isn't he facing suspension of his license?

please tell me what the difference is between this and WI.

is it okay to take away some rights but not others?

I am not defending the actions of Democrats in Mass, it is spineless they refuse to raise taxes on millionaires, but it not union busting. It is a matter of intent and scope. The Mass law is limited to collective bargaining over health insurance issues and gives local authorities the ability to set deductibles and co-pay amounts after 30 days notice to the union.

The Wisconsin bill is intended to destroy all public unions that didn't support Gov Walker.

Hey, dumb ass. Yeah you. Democrats are taking away what you call "rights" in Massachusetts. Bargaining rights are not constitutional rights. Dumb shit. You have to be the dumbest moron on this site. Your little pissants run to you like their mommy with their whining and crying so you run interference for them so they can continue their nasty vile crap. You're not only a punk, you're a dumb punk. Fuck you. You're weak and pathetic.

Last edited:

I am not defending the actions of Democrats in Mass, it is spineless they refuse to raise taxes on millionaires, but it not union busting. It is a matter of intent and scope. The Mass law is limited to collective bargaining over health insurance issues and gives local authorities the ability to set deductibles and co-pay amounts after 30 days notice to the union.

The Wisconsin bill is intended to destroy all public unions that didn't support Gov Walker.

uh huh. how is it substantively different?

other than being implemented by republicans, that is.

uh huh. how is it substantively different?

other than being implemented by republicans, that is.

LOL what other difference do you need?

Hey, dumb shit. Yeah you. Democrats are taking away what you call "rights" in Massachusetts. Bargaining rights are not constitutional rights. Dumb shit.

WHDH-TV - MA House votes to limit union bargaining rights

shouldn't you be sculpting chess pieces out of your own fecal matter about now, child?

Forum List

Back