'Evil little thing' or defender of the constitution?

James Madison's Veto Messages by Gene Garman

June 3, 1811

I have recd. fellow Citizens your address, approving my Objection to the Bill contain[in]g a grant of public land, to the Baptist Church at Salem Meeting House Missippi Terry. Having always regarded the practical distinction between Religion & Civil Govt as essential to the purity of both, and as guaranteed by the Constn: of the U.S. I could not have otherwise discharged my duty on the occasion which presented itself. Among the various religious Societies in our Country, none have been more vigilant or constant in maintain[in]g that distinction, than the Society of which you make a part, and it is an honourable proof of your sincerity & integrity, that you are as ready to do so, in a case favoring the interest of your brethren, as in other cases. It is but just, at the same time, to the Baptist Church at Salem Meeting House, to remark that their application to the Natl. Legislature does not appear to have contemplated a grant of the Land in question, but on terms that might be equitable to the public as well as to themselves. Accept my friendly respects

James Madison

He wrote most of the constitution

Letter to the Danbury Baptists - January 1, 1802 - Wikisource

the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between church and State.

Those are the words of James Madison who is concidered the Father of the constitution.

Those are Jefferson's words. idiot! Why do you gloss right over the part that reads, "or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"?

You are absolutely right and I fucked that up big time.

My apologises.

Thank you for pointing out Jefferson agreed too.

You sure did. You based the last half hour of debate on a lie. LIAR!
Jefferson in his letter, did not say anything about prohibiting the free exercise of religion. What he basically said was government has no business, either pro or con, in religious affairs.

Separation of church and state in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

no the courts did not create it . it was written into the constitution.

You just dont like how they worded it

Show, in the Constituion of the US, thos words.

From your link.

Jefferson's metaphor of a wall of separation has been cited repeatedly by the U.S. Supreme Court. In Reynolds v. United States (1879) the Court wrote that Jefferson's comments "may be accepted almost as an authoritative declaration of the scope and effect of the [First] Amendment." In Everson v. Board of Education (1947), Justice Hugo Black wrote: "In the words of Thomas Jefferson, the clause against establishment of religion by law was intended to erect a wall of separation between church and state."[2] However, the Court has not always interpreted the constitutional principle as meaning absolute separation of government from all things religious.[3][4][5][6]

The courts created the seperation based on a letter, not the Constitution.

Now try and prove that wrong with actual facts and not opinions.

Those are Jefferson's words. idiot! Why do you gloss right over the part that reads, "or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"?

My apologises.

Jefferson in his letter, did not say anything about prohibiting the free exercise of religion. What he basically said was government has no business, either pro or con, in religious affairs.

why are you lying and pretending that was the only evidence provided?

Separation of church and state in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From your link.

Jefferson's metaphor of a wall of separation has been cited repeatedly by the U.S. Supreme Court. In Reynolds v. United States (1879) the Court wrote that Jefferson's comments "may be accepted almost as an authoritative declaration of the scope and effect of the [First] Amendment." In Everson v. Board of Education (1947), Justice Hugo Black wrote: "In the words of Thomas Jefferson, the clause against establishment of religion by law was intended to erect a wall of separation between church and state."[2] However, the Court has not always interpreted the constitutional principle as meaning absolute separation of government from all things religious.[3][4][5][6]

its an IDEA not just certain words.

You just dont like the wording in the constitution.

You know why?

Becasue you belong to a party that pretends to like the constitution and what the founders intended.

You and your party are trying to pretend he said something else for poltical gain.

My apologises.

why are you lying and pretending that was the only evidence provided?
You attributed the wall of separation quote to Madison in order to craft your argument citing him as the father of the Constitution and you can sit there with a straight face and call ME a liar?
Go fuck yourself, bitch!

398061_267684609962762_267682626629627_701610_436979721_n.jpg

Jessica Ahlquist

From your link.

You know why?

Becasue you belong to a party that pretends to like the constitution and what the founders intended.

You and your party are trying to pretend he said something else for poltical gain.

You claim I am the one that doesn't like the constitution yet it is you who are changing what the constitution actually says.
Or can you show me what I asked for.
Show me the phrase "Seperation of Church and State" in the US Constitution.
Not some letter of other document but the actual constitution itself.

And here is a link to the actual document.

Constitution of the United States - Official

why do you hate he constitution our founders left us?

I love the Constitution and I actually understand what the words in it mean. LIAR.

So you think James Madison was wrong about what he wrote into the constitution and you are right?

I side with Madison
You completely discount the clause Madison included, "or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..." and assume you know what the man meant. You are an idiot devoid of any semblance of intellectual honesty.
I need to go do some business. I'll be back in a couple of hours. In the mean time, I'll pray for you.

James Madison said it was in the constitution people.

why you hating on the Fahter of the constitution?

From your link.

You know why?

You claim I am the one that doesn't like the constitution yet it is you who are changing what the constitution actually says.
Or can you show me what I asked for.
Show me the phrase "Seperation of Church and State" in the US Constitution.
Not some letter of other document but the actual constitution itself.

And here is a link to the actual document.

Constitution of the United States - Official

Don't sweat it dude.

Federal Judges have USURPED Judicial Immunity protection.

So a religious federal judge is free to incorporate ecclesiastical law in his/her rulings with impunity.

Hence you have all those UNCONSTITUTIONAL LAWS which prohibit prostitution, "drugs", blue laws, etc.

Enjoy living in the Theocratic United States Of North America.

Hallelujah.

why do you people do this?

why do you refuse the words right from the guys mouth who wrote our constitution?

I love the Constitution and I actually understand what the words in it mean. LIAR.

So you think James Madison was wrong about what he wrote into the constitution and you are right?

I side with Madison
You completely discount the clause Madison included, "or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..." and assume you know what the man meant. You are an idiot devoid of any semblance of intellectual honesty.
I need to go do some business. I'll be back in a couple of hours. In the mean time, I'll pray for you.

Liberals like to ignore the fact that the Constitution was written to limit the federal government. They've dropped all pretense and now openly battle accepted and consistent governmental boundaries (i.e. Roe v. Wade).

the right has completely lost their minds.

Why are you preteding its not in the constitution?

what does it gain you to lie ?

Forum List

Back