Evidence of the Anti-White Conspiracy

William Joyce said:
If you announced that without providing the link, I would have thought you were joking. But the link appears to be real. Man.

I couldn't believe it either. This is way f'ed up.

No, the term is historical. In the 19th century revolutionaries such as during the French Revolution and Russian Revolution were considered Reds. Counter-revolutionaries were called Whites such as supporters of Tsar in the Russian Revolution. It was also used during the revolts in Prussia for supporters of the ultra-conservative Bismark governance against the reformers.

Isaac Brock said:
No, the term is historical. In the 19th century revolutionaries such as during the French Revolution and Russian Revolution were considered Reds. Counter-revolutionaries were called Whites such as supporters of Tsar in the Russian Revolution. It was also used during the revolts in Prussia for supporters of the ultra-conservative Bismark governance against the reformers.

This is the common noun definition. There is no historical defintion cited. Your assertion is like saying that a packer is not one who packs, but someone on a sports team in Green Bay. I don't buy your feeble explanation.

rtwngAvngr said:
This is the common noun definition. There is no historical defintion cited. Your assertion is like saying that a packer is not one who packs, but someone on a sports team in Green Bay. I don't buy your feeble explanation.

Words have multiple definitions, often having nothing to do with the other. (Much like Packer and packer). Law *suit*, *suit* of clothes?

Another definition of "white" is "a hit in the white portion of an archery target". Wha? I didn't know that, but I'm going to accept its validity.

Unless the anti-white conspirators at the ultra-liberal dictionary.com are also avid archers....

rtwngAvngr said:

Sticks and stones,

White is usually commonly in the 19th century in various countries, as counter revolutionary- reactionary forces.

References for the unbelieving:

Russia Counter-Revolutionaries Whites

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/White movement

The designation White had two meanings. First, it stands in contradistinction to the Reds of the revolutionary Red Army of supporters of the Soviets and Bolshevism. Second, the word "white" had monarchist associations: historically each Russian Tsar was solemnly called the white tsar, and the monarchist ideal during the civil war was known as the white idea.

Prussian Counter-Reactionary Whites
http://www.historystudystop.co.uk/php/displayarticle.php?article=33&page=1&topic=meu

Gall's book Bismarck: the White Revolutionary appeared in German in 1980 and in English translation in 1986. It is probably the most searching biography we have. First of all we should note that Gall wrote a 'life'. Germans do not write many biographies - there are almost as many of Bismarck in English as in German. Gall wrote a biography to counter the school of social historians for whom the individual matters little. But in one way he was influenced by them. The book contains many long reflective passages and not much life or action. Crankshaw's dismissive biography (1981) is half as long but twice as lively! Gall's main theme in underlined in the subtitle: he sees Bismarck as a 'white revolutionary', that is as a conservative revolutionary as opposed to a radical or red one. This argument is a rapier thrust at Gall's opponents, who argued that Bismarck was a hide-bound defender of a moribund society and therefore responsible for his country's Jurassic backwardness and for the prolonged ascendancy of the military. Gall points out that the Prussian gentry saw him as subversive and so disowned him: they ought to have known a conservative by sight. He says also that Germany under Bismarck underwent more change than any other European country, and so if he was attempting to preserve a dinosaur in amber he was a colossal failure.

Finland Anti-Bolsheviks "Whites"
http://www.nd.edu/~kellogg/WPS/266.pdf
Pages 4 and 5

It appears the "conspiracy" is spreading too. Looks like in infected Merriam-Webster, MSN Encarta and the American Heritage Dictionary. This is the point where we all have a good laugh and realize how silly the idea of this dictionary "conspiracy" was.

Forum List

Back