Evidence of misuse of US-weapons reinforces need for arms embargo

dj defkawn

Elab Vokab
Mar 20, 2009
Bellingham,Washington
Both Israel and Hamas used weapons supplied from abroad to carry out attacks on civilians, Amnesty International said today as it released fresh evidence on the munitions used during the three-week conflict in Gaza and southern Israel and called on the UN to impose a comprehensive arms embargo.

“Israeli forces used white phosphorus and other weapons supplied by the USA to carry out serious violations of international humanitarian law, including war crimes. Their attacks resulted in the death of hundreds of children and other civilians and massive destruction of homes and infrastructure,” said Donatella Rovera who headed Amnesty International's fact-finding mission to southern Israel and Gaza. “At the same time, Hamas and other Palestinian armed groups fired hundreds of rockets that had been smuggled in or made of components from abroad at civilian areas in Israel. Though far less lethal than the weaponry used by Israel, such rocket firing also constitutes a war crime and caused several civilian deaths.”

Even before the three-week conflict, those who armed the two sides will have been aware of the pattern of repeated misuse of weapons by the parties. They must take some responsibility for the violations perpetrated with the weapons they have supplied and should immediately cease further transfers.

“As the major supplier of weapons to Israel, the USA has a particular obligation to stop any supply that contributes to gross violations of the laws of war and of human rights. The Obama Administration should immediately suspend US military aid to Israel,” said Malcolm Smart, Director for the Middle East.

Israel/Occupied Palestinian Territories: Evidence of misuse of US-weapons reinforces need for arms embargo | Amnesty International

You cannot dictate to countries how they should do things.

If the USA would carry out such an embargo, the two sides would just buy elsewhere, they both have before.

Xenphon it's not dictating, it's law. Our country's leaders have an obligation not to sell weapons to people who violate the laws of war or human rights by their usage. Honestly even if they buy elsewhere, at least our hard earned tax dollars aren't used in the in the form of billions of dollars in military aid.

Aha! Yesterday I was talking about how American guns were going to Mexico and the right wingers were arguing with me that it wasn't being done by our government, or the gun companies. They said it was all illegal gun smuggling.

Well what is this story about? Who's supplying these guns? Busted!!!

Xenphon it's not dictating, it's law. Our country's leaders have an obligation not to sell weapons to people who violate the laws of war or human rights by their usage. Honestly even if they buy elsewhere, at least our hard earned tax dollars aren't used in the in the form of billions of dollars in military aid.

People yesterday said they didn't believe that American gun manfucturers and government are involved in selling guns to mexican criminals either. They tried to suggest there is no corruption on our side.

Mexican Drug Cartel Violence Migrates North : NPR

You would have to prove that in a court both parties recognized.

Too many people, especially on this forum do not understand that we don't own israel or the palestinians, it's not up to us how they kill each other.

Saying you want a boycott is fine, but it would have to be applied universally, and that means boycotting all the Arab states we deal with, as well as many South american and Asian states. And all it accomplishes is loss of revenue, as they will just buy from someone else.

In an unstable economy this is not the time to cut our own throats for higher ideals we don't truely adhere to anyway.

Aha! Yesterday I was talking about how American guns were going to Mexico and the right wingers were arguing with me that it wasn't being done by our government, or the gun companies. They said it was all illegal gun smuggling.

Trying to regulate criminals is a study in stupid.

Too many people, especially on this forum do not understand that we don't own israel or the palestinians, it's not up to us how they kill each other.

Saying you want a boycott is fine, but it would have to be applied universally, and that means boycotting all the Arab states we deal with, as well as many South american and Asian states. And all it accomplishes is loss of revenue, as they will just buy from someone else.

In an unstable economy this is not the time to cut our own throats for higher ideals we don't truely adhere to anyway.

Do you not understand how powerful the Jewish Lobbyist Group is? It's like the 2nd or 3rd largest in the USA.

They dictate our foreign policy. They influence our elections. You can't be president without first kissing the Jewish collective butt.

And I think some of the richest Jews also own the world banks and/or our Federal Reserve.

And does anyone know who Sheldon Adelson is? 3rd richest man in the world. He gets to meet with the President?

The World of Business: The Brass Ring: Reporting & Essays: The New Yorker

This is a Joe Lieberman, right wing, conservative who likes the war in Iraq and would love to start a war with Iran.

We are fighting Israel's battles. Sorry to get off subject.

What is trying to end government corruption? Is it futile?

How about regulate corporations who's products are killing people? Oh, I forgot about their precious profits. Never mind I said anything. I wouldn't want Smith & Wesson to lay people off. If we do anything about this, it'll cost people their jobs. My bad. Never mind.

How about regulate corporations who's products are killing people? Oh, I forgot about their precious profits. Never mind I said anything. I wouldn't want Smith & Wesson to lay people off. If we do anything about this, it'll cost people their jobs. My bad. Never mind.

So we should be putting your "regulations" on Ford and GM too? THEIR products kill people. What about drug companies or anyone who makes knives? Lots of things kill people, its a fact of life.

You say alot of stupid things Sealybozo.

So we should be putting your "regulations" on Ford and GM too? THEIR products kill people. What about drug companies or anyone who makes knives? Lots of things kill people, its a fact of life.

I find it hilarious when jackoffs like you say I say stupid things. It actually bothers me for a second. And then I hear Thom Hartmann, Barrack Obama, Randi Rhodes, Olbermann, Rachel Maddow, Bernie Sanders, and even some moderate Republicans saying the exact same thing I am saying, and then I realize, it is you who is the radical fool.

Cars are regulated. They only allow them to go so fast, right? You can't make your own car that goes 500 mph, can you? What if your car blows up when someone hits it?

So it is regulated.

And don't you have to register your car with the state? Don't you have to go get a licence to drive?

OMG, thank you for making such a powerful argument, for my side. :clap2:

Drug companies can't sell their products to illegal drug dealers who will sell them illegally, can they?

The funny thing is, this exact corruption is going on with perscrition drugs. I have two neighbors who both get powerful pain killers. They don't need them, but they continue to get ther perscriptions filled. The drug companies, just like the gun companies, are not liable for what the person does with their pills, so they don't care. The doctor should stop perscribing them with these pain killers, but they are encouraged to push the drugs by the drug companies. They buy the entire bottle for $10 copay, the insurance company picks up the remaining tab, which leads to higher prices by the way, and he sells all 30 pills for $5 each. $150 bucks easy money!!!!

I doubt you could have ever thought this out in your brain.

So just because you don't get what I'm saying, doesn't make what I said stupid. It might be you buddy.

You cannot dictate to countries how they should do things.

If the USA would carry out such an embargo, the two sides would just buy elsewhere, they both have before.

thats a pretty tall pile of bullshit, dont you think? We can't TELL COUNTRIES HOW THEY SOULD DO THINGS? say, what is the mitigating criteria for application of that philosophy?

let them buy elsewhere. Then, perhaps, we don't have any more planes flown into building as the result of blank check support for carved out nations.

Cars are regulated. They only allow them to go so fast, right? You can't make your own car that goes 500 mph, can you? What if your car blows up when someone hits it?

So it is regulated.

And don't you have to register your car with the state? Don't you have to go get a licence to drive?

OMG, thank you for making such a powerful argument, for my side.

Hey dipshit, if these are the kinds of regulations you are talking about, then guns are ALSO regulated. You have got to be the dumbest fucking retard on these boards.

Last edited:
Yo know Xenophon it's a sad time we live in when our goverment has to turn a blind eye to the actions of other goverments who commit acts with military aid provided by our goverment, that if any of our own citzens undertook they'd probably be excuted, all for the sake of a profit. I mean it's like if you sell a firearm to someone legally, and you know that person just went down the street and murdered someone, but you keep quiet about it, because you know that guy won't come back and buy the other weapons you are selling, that sounds alot like being an accessory to the crime don't you think? But in our goverment's situation it's dealing with entire country's leaders and militaries, again all for the sake of a profit, it's really quite sad.

Do you not understand how powerful the Jewish Lobbyist Group is? It's like the 2nd or 3rd largest in the USA.

They dictate our foreign policy. They influence our elections. You can't be president without first kissing the Jewish collective butt.

And I think some of the richest Jews also own the world banks and/or our Federal Reserve.

And does anyone know who Sheldon Adelson is? 3rd richest man in the world. He gets to meet with the President?

The World of Business: The Brass Ring: Reporting & Essays: The New Yorker

This is a Joe Lieberman, right wing, conservative who likes the war in Iraq and would love to start a war with Iran.

We are fighting Israel's battles. Sorry to get off subject.
See your post here?

This is called text book anti-semitism, 'the jews are controlling us.'

The Nazis made the exact same claims in the 1920s.

Wasn't true in germany and it isn't true here.

I'd avise you to leave that shit about 'jewish lobbies' at the door and start using your head, if Jews really did dictate policy every bit of that area would be Israel and there would be no palestinians.

Think about it.

Please, get serious.

thats a pretty tall pile of bullshit, dont you think? We can't TELL COUNTRIES HOW THEY SOULD DO THINGS? say, what is the mitigating criteria for application of that philosophy?

let them buy elsewhere. Then, perhaps, we don't have any more planes flown into building as the result of blank check support for carved out nations.
Stop the clown show, it's getting old.

9/11 was about infidels on the ground in saudi arabia, not Israel-Palestine or weapons.

Forum List

Back