Everywhere there's a mosque, there's a tension now

This is the first I've heard about this. I have issues with people protesting places of faith. Let them live according to their consciences. Their faith is between them and God. Discuss, persuade, debate all you want. But don't harass and "protest" people at their place of worship. It's just rude and does nothing for your cause.

And Muslims live in the United States for the same reason everyone else does: Freedom to live as they choose, to worship as they choose, to engage in free enterprise, to be ingenuitive. etc.

Religion is meaningless if people don't have the power to choose it.

I know of no Muslims not connected with a radical Islamist group who are "under general suspicion" in this country. I do remember being followed on several occaisions by the cops when I was stationed in Turkey. And all I'd be doing was heading to the bazaar in Istanbul to shop for souveniers.

Anti-mosque protests on the rise, say Muslim advocates - Yahoo! News

I can not understand Muslims living in USA by choice. Why would anyone live in a society voluntarily, where he or she is non-stop under general suspicion?

Why would they live in a country where Infidels live, and rule? I think I know. They are trying to take over the world.

I never concern myself with mosques here and there, but this one in NY is one that is being build with spite as the motive. I personally believe there should be 24/7 protests three blocks away from the site where it is being build, that way we won't offend the Muslims because we won't be in their way, and thy don't have to see us.

That is kind of what the westboro jerks did at the most recent funeral of an American hero, and the courts say they were just in doing so. What will the courts say about our protest near this mosque site? We can have signs like, "Muslims don't know God!!! God hates Muslims!!! Muslims go home!!! Creator God, the Almighty Father of the Savior is the only God. Allah, well...who is that? Hell will be packed with Muslims!!!

While I personally would not take part in any such protest because I don't have that kind of hate, I do believe the ACLU and Obama's worshippers would boot those protesters out of town in a heart beat. Double standards are what America is all about now. We have lost this great country.

This is the first I've heard about this. I have issues with people protesting places of faith. Let them live according to their consciences. Their faith is between them and God. Discuss, persuade, debate all you want. But don't harass and "protest" people at their place of worship. It's just rude and does nothing for your cause.

And Muslims live in the United States for the same reason everyone else does: Freedom to live as they choose, to worship as they choose, to engage in free enterprise, to be ingenuitive. etc.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Avatar4321 again.

dayUM. I don't agree with you often, but twice in as many days....

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Avatar4321 again.

dayUM. I don't agree with you often, but twice in as many days....

I am willing to bet that if we weren't discussing politics all the time, we would find that we would agree on alot more things.:) We just talk about the differences more.

I can not understand Muslims living in USA by choice. Why would anyone live in a society voluntarily, where he or she is non-stop under general suspicion?

Probably for the same reason Roman and Eastern Othodox Catholics, Protestants and Jews decided to move here.

They also lived under suspicion and were hated.

They also were persecuted by the people who lived here first or were in the majority.

Their religions also were thought to be a threat to the natives and the American way of life.

Hell, American protestants HANGED Quakers because they weren't just the right kind of Protestants, ya know.

Mankind's ability to parce out non-conformists from the herd and demonize them is fairly creative.

Last edited:

Most people probably don't realize that I'm a Muslim... those who do can't do anything about it and usually don't try. Honestly, the majority of people here don't really care one way or the other.

It's pretty obvious that you're muslim. But what am i supposed to do about it?

Forum List

Back