Everything Obama has done — and wants to do — on taxes in one post

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!

Obama’s first term has been heavy on tax cuts, especially those — like the stimulus tax breaks, insurance tax credits, and payroll tax cut — targeted at lower and middle-income people. Of the almost $2 trillion in tax cuts passed during his tenure, only the $570 billion that went toward extending the Bush tax cuts and the AMT patch primarily benefited upper and upper-middle income families.

He looks set to continue those lower-income breaks going forward, but with a new emphasis on both phasing out upper-income cuts (like the Bush cuts for those making over $250,000 a year) and imposing new taxes on high-income people, through measures like the itemized deduction cap, the closure of the carried interest loophole, and the Buffett rule. What’s more, the new taxes in the Affordable Care Act set to take effect in 2014, such as the excise tax on expensive plans and the Medicare payroll tax surcharge, primarily target high-income people, while the law’s tax cuts primarily target low-income people. So even if Congress takes no new action, the phase out of the Bush cuts and the implementation of the ACA look to set back rich taxpayers considerably.

:eusa_hand:

Yes, I do feel really-really bad for the wealthy, but face it; they're not putting anything into the economy.

And this tax increase will only create 8 days of pay off for the year. And how many JOBs will be lost in the same amount of time

Obama’s first term has been heavy on tax cuts, especially those — like the stimulus tax breaks, insurance tax credits, and payroll tax cut — targeted at lower and middle-income people. Of the almost $2 trillion in tax cuts passed during his tenure, only the $570 billion that went toward extending the Bush tax cuts and the AMT patch primarily benefited upper and upper-middle income families.

He looks set to continue those lower-income breaks going forward, but with a new emphasis on both phasing out upper-income cuts (like the Bush cuts for those making over $250,000 a year) and imposing new taxes on high-income people, through measures like the itemized deduction cap, the closure of the carried interest loophole, and the Buffett rule. What’s more, the new taxes in the Affordable Care Act set to take effect in 2014, such as the excise tax on expensive plans and the Medicare payroll tax surcharge, primarily target high-income people, while the law’s tax cuts primarily target low-income people. So even if Congress takes no new action, the phase out of the Bush cuts and the implementation of the ACA look to set back rich taxpayers considerably.

Yes, I do feel really-really bad for the wealthy, but face it; they're not putting anything into the economy.

Does class warfare make you feel better about yourself? Is it a real self-esteem booster? Perhaps you would do well to go do a little research and see where the current taxes are being collected before you assume that the wealthy are not putting anything into the economy. How long before you kill the golden goose?

Everyone's taxes should be lowered. Everyone equal right?

Does class warfare make you feel better about yourself? Is it a real self-esteem booster? Perhaps you would do well to go do a little research and see where the current taxes are being collected before you assume that the wealthy are not putting anything into the economy. How long before you kill the golden goose?

Paying taxes and investing in the country are two different things.

Do you know how many people have been turned down for loans?

I've never owned a home.

I don't know how many but I had to pay a higher interest rate after college for some of the stupid decisions that I made.....which were my fault. I was responsible. So, I had to suffer a few years of high interest rates before I moved into prime.

If the aim was more revenue then the middle class is the place to go. More revenue by taxing the MC. Just ain't enough of the rich out there. Bush tax cuts should end for all. Not just one group.

Since its not about raising revenue and is about class warfare and dividing the country to get elected you can bet Barry is gonna sling this bs every which way but loose.

Some folks will buy into his deflection but I think most are gonna be looking at the economy and jobs.

Guys gotta sucky record. Deflection is gonna be the name of the game till Nov.

Personally, I feel bad for the idiots that believe this junk without question. I wonder why this all inclusive post on every tax Obama has done or is planning didn't mention the very first tax increase he signed, one that actually got him a broken promise rating from Politifact.

PolitiFact | The Obameter: No family making less than $250,000 will see "any form of tax increase."

Wake up Boop, they are lying to you.

Forum List

Back