Everything except Allah Almighty (God Almighty) is vain

God is above any form of humanness.

Islam does not teach that the Bible was true. Islam teaches that God revealed a book to Jesus, the Gospel. God Almighty Himself revealed the real Gospel to Jesus, the real Torah to Moses, the Qur'an to Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family)....

God did not intend to protect the Gospel from being changed. Jesus is not the last prophet. But Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) is the last prophet.
If the Bible cannot be trusted because it was corrupted by Jews (or that certain books which were God’s word were magically vanished by the Catholic Church as many ignorant pagans claim), then why do Muslims also claim that it was because God did away with the Bible to replace it with something better? Which is it?: The Jews defeated God or God negated his word?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The claim isn't that God did away with the Bible, it is that previous revelations had been corrupted through the influence of man as it was written and re-written, told and retold, and translated and re-translated over the centuries.

Your video makes a pretty large equivocation error right out of the gate when it equivocates "what was revealed" with the Bible. Muslims don't see the bible as what was revealed. The revelation itself stands apart as a truth. The Bible instead is viewed as the end result of what happens when the revelation of God has been corrupted by man over time.

Last edited:
What about violent verses in the Quran? The degradation of women in muslim texts? I don't get it...

Do you have any specific verse or verses that you would like addressed?
Some things just seem to give credence to some peoples view of Islam.
[Muhammad said]: O womenfolk, you should give charity and ask much forgiveness for I saw you in bulk amongst the dwellers of Hell. A wise lady among them said: Why is it, Messenger of Allah, that our folk is in bulk in Hell? Upon this the Holy Prophet observed: You curse too much and are ungrateful to your spouses. I have seen none lacking in common sense and failing in religion but (at the same time) robbing the wisdom of the wise, besides you. Upon this the woman remarked: What is wrong with our common sense and with religion? He (the Holy Prophet) observed: Your lack of common sense (can be well judged from the fact) that the evidence of two women is equal to one man, that is a proof of the lack of common sense.
Sahih Muslim, Abdul Hamid Siddiqi, Number 142.
The Prophet (the blessing and peace of Allah be upon him) said: "Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?" The women said: "Yes." He said: "This is because of the deficiency of her mind."
Sahih Al-Bukhari
Quran (4:74) - "Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward." It seems these particular martyrs of Islam are killed in battle as they attempt to inflict death and destruction for the cause of Allah. This seems like the theological basis for today's suicide bombers.
Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"
Quran (9:123) - "O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness."
Bukhari (52:177) - Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established until you fight with the Jews, and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say. "O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him."
Bukhari (52:220) - Allah's Apostle said... 'I have been made victorious with terror'
Bukhari (52:73) - "Allah's Apostle said, 'Know that Paradise is under the shades of swords'."
Muslim (19:4321-4323) - Three separate hadith in which Muhammad shrugs over the news that innocent children were killed in a raid by his men against unbelievers. His response: "They are of them (meaning the enemy)."
These are just a few verses I just don't understand is all. I mean they seem on the surface to be bad.

What about violent verses in the Quran? The degradation of women in muslim texts? I don't get it...

Do you have any specific verse or verses that you would like addressed?
Some things just seem to give credence to some peoples view of Islam.
[Muhammad said]: O womenfolk, you should give charity and ask much forgiveness for I saw you in bulk amongst the dwellers of Hell. A wise lady among them said: Why is it, Messenger of Allah, that our folk is in bulk in Hell? Upon this the Holy Prophet observed: You curse too much and are ungrateful to your spouses. I have seen none lacking in common sense and failing in religion but (at the same time) robbing the wisdom of the wise, besides you. Upon this the woman remarked: What is wrong with our common sense and with religion? He (the Holy Prophet) observed: Your lack of common sense (can be well judged from the fact) that the evidence of two women is equal to one man, that is a proof of the lack of common sense.
Sahih Muslim, Abdul Hamid Siddiqi, Number 142.
The Prophet (the blessing and peace of Allah be upon him) said: "Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?" The women said: "Yes." He said: "This is because of the deficiency of her mind."
Sahih Al-Bukhari
Quran (4:74) - "Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward." It seems these particular martyrs of Islam are killed in battle as they attempt to inflict death and destruction for the cause of Allah. This seems like the theological basis for today's suicide bombers.
Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"
Quran (9:123) - "O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness."
Bukhari (52:177) - Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established until you fight with the Jews, and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say. "O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him."
Bukhari (52:220) - Allah's Apostle said... 'I have been made victorious with terror'
Bukhari (52:73) - "Allah's Apostle said, 'Know that Paradise is under the shades of swords'."
Muslim (19:4321-4323) - Three separate hadith in which Muhammad shrugs over the news that innocent children were killed in a raid by his men against unbelievers. His response: "They are of them (meaning the enemy)."
These are just a few verses I just don't understand is all. I mean they seem on the surface to be bad.

I only see three Quranic verses here:

The two of primary interest seem to be Sura 9 and Sura 8 that you have quoted. Both are post-Hijra revelations that deal with specific battles and specific enemies. Like the Battle of Badr and the Battle of Tabuk. Taking a verse in isolation and expounding upon it to apply to a general population that it was never meant to apply to isn't a very good way to read religious scripture regardless of the religion. Context is always important for example you cited Sura 4:74 but for some reason didn't feel the need to also cite Sura 4:75 which clarifies that it is against specific acts of oppression that the call to struggle had been issued.

Islam, the Qur'an or Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) do not oppress women. They respect them greatly and protect them. A man is not bettter than a woman, and a woman is not better than a man; except through God fear.

God says:

"(she said): (...) And no wise is the male like the female. I have named her Mary"

The Holy Qur'an, The Family of Imran (Surah 3), V 36

"For Muslim men and women, for believing men and women, for devout men and women, for true men and women, for men and women who are patient and constant, for men and women who humble themselves, for men and women who give in Charity, for men and women who fast (and deny themselves), for men and women who guard their chastity, and for men and women who engage much in Allah's remembrance (God's remembrance), for them has Allah prepared forgiveness and great reward."

The Holy Qur'an, the Confederates (Surah 33), V 35

Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) said:

"The best of you is the one who treats his wife the best."

Everything except God Almighty, the speaker of these words, is vain.

"In the name of God, most Gracious Most Merciful

H. M.

A. S. Q.

Thus doth (He) send inspiration to thee as (He did) to those before thee, Allah, Exalted in Power, Full of Wisdom.

To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and on earth: and He is Most High, Most Great.

The heavens are almost rent asunder from above them (by Him Glory): and the angels celebrate the Praises of their Lord, and pray for forgiveness for (all) beings on earth: Behold! Verily Allah is He, the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

The Holy Qur'an, The Consultation (Surah 42), V 1-5

"In The Name of God Most Gracious, Most Merciful

A. L. M. S.

A Book revealed unto thee, So let thy heart be oppressed no more by any difficulty on that account, that with it thou mightest warn (the erring) and teach (the Believers).

Follow (O men!) the revelation given unto you from your Lord, and follow not, as friends or protectors, other than Him. Little it is ye remember of admonition.

How many towns have We destroyed (for their sins)? Our punishment took them on a sudden by night or while they slept for their afternoon rest.

When (thus) Our punishment took them, no cry did they utter but this: Indeed we did wrong."

The Holy Qur'an, The Heights (Surah 7), V 1-6

Islam, the Qur'an or Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) do not oppress women. They respect them greatly and protect them. A man is not bettter than a woman, and a woman is not better than a man; except through God fear.

God says:

"(she said): (...) And no wise is the male like the female. I have named her Mary"

"For Muslim men and women, for believing men and women, for devout men and women, for true men and women, for men and women who are patient and constant, for men and women who humble themselves, for men and women who give in Charity, for men and women who fast (and deny themselves), for men and women who guard their chastity, and for men and women who engage much in Allah's remembrance (God's remembrance), for them has Allah prepared forgiveness and great reward."

Don't forget to beat your wife.

Quran 4.34 Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because God has given
the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their
means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the
husband's) absence what God would have them guard. As to those women on whose
part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share
their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not
against them Means (of annoyance): For God is Most High, great (above you all).

How many towns have We destroyed (for their sins)? Our punishment took them on a sudden by night or while they slept for their afternoon rest.

I wonder that you quote this verse as if it is something to be proud of. The Quran lists many peoples that Allah has destroyed. Obviously Allah is a sadistic tyrant.

God says:

Don't forget to beat your wife.

Quran 4.34 Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because God has given
the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their
means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the
husband's) absence what God would have them guard. As to those women on whose
part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share
their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not
against them Means (of annoyance): For God is Most High, great (above you all).

that verse had routinely been poorly translated into English. the strike is largely symbolic (not meant to inflict physical pain and certainly not allowed to leave a mark); Muhammad instructed that it should be administered with say a scarf. The basic translation into "beat" with all of its connotations is inappropriate for what is advocated within Islamic scripture.

Everything except God is vain.

God is one. Oneness is His attribute. That also means oneness of His acts. He loves only one human being: Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family), Muhammad whom He created and made perfect, and added more on top of that perfection.

God made it possible to have means to Him only through Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family). In other words, every prophet (including Jesus, Moses, Abraham, Joseph, David, Solomon, Noah, John the Baptist, Zakariyya, Adam, etc...) or saint of Islam (Shah Naqshband, Rumi, Ibn Arabi, Al Busayri, Al Qushayri, Abd Al Qadir Jilani, etc...) found means to God Almighty only through Muhammad.

"Behold! Allah(God) took the covenant of the prophets, saying: I give you a Book and Wisdom; then comes to you an apostle, confirming what is with you; do ye believe in him and render him help. Allah (God) said: Do ye agree, and take this my Covenant as binding on you?" They said: we agree. He said: then bear witness, and I am with you among the witnesses."

The Holy Qur'an, The Family of Imran (Surah 3), V 81

Imam Busayri was a saint of Islam. The saints of Islam come at each century until the end of times because Muhammad came on earth as the last prophet. The saints of Islam are like prophets, they fly in the air, walk on water, go to visit the heavens as they like, and say be to a thing and it is. To the prophets and the saints of Islam, everything except God is vain. That is their belief, their conviction and their hearts. Because of God's oneness, this also means that everything except Muhammad is vain.

They have remendous love for Muhammad. Imam Busayri was once seen standing in a river, and the river was boiling; out of his great love for Muhammad.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Busiri

Muhammad nicknamed his swords. He killed people with his own hands. No one died in Jesus presence. Jesus have life. Muhammad took it. Jesus performed miracles. Muhammad refused to do any saying the Quran was proof enough. Jesus told to forgive and turn the other cheek. Muhammad raided caravans and killed people. These two are nothing alike. I choose to believe in the one who didn't murder anyone.

Those who truly believe that everything except God is vain (God being, by the way above any form of humanness) are the saints of Islam. They are the champions in this field. Everything except God is vain because, among others, we love God only, not things imperfect. Because also, among others, God is the one who does all. If science impresses you, yet it was created by God without any help, so that science is vain but God is not; and so on and so forth.

When one comes to completely believe that everything except God is vain, he acts according to it. Rumi described such a person comparing him to a candle:

"(O candle) you seem to have 6 attributes of the people of purity
Night wakefulness, glowing face, paleness
Burning heart, tears of the eyes and awareness"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumi

If there is anything that is in vain, it is protesting over and over something that cannot be proved to another, only believed by the protester.
Islam satisfies you. You find truth in it.
Good for you.
Objective viewers find many errors in it and no attraction to it.

Forum List

Back