’Everything Calm’ Prior to Benghazi Attack, No Protests

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
’Everything Calm’ Prior to Benghazi Attack, No Protests

Oct. 9: At a background briefing, senior state department officials reveal there were no protests prior to the terrorist attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi — contrary to what administration officials have been saying for weeks. A senior department official says “everything is calm at 8:30 p.m.” (Libya time) when Stevens was outside the building to bid a visitor goodbye. The ambassador retired to his bedroom for the evening at 9 p.m. The calm was shattered by 9:40 p.m. when “loud noises” and “gunfire and an explosion” are heard. (The background briefing provided on Sept. 12 also said the attack began at about 10 p.m., or about 4 p.m. EDT, but it did not provide information about what happened prior to the attack.)

A senior official says it was “not our conclusion” that the Benghazi attack started as a spontaneous protest to the anti-Muslim video. He also said “there was no actionable intelligence of any planned or imminent attack.”
FactCheck.org : Benghazi Timeline
If every thing had been quiet before the attack on the Consulate, then why had there been evacuations by the British and the Red Cross and a call for help at the Embassy? That would have warrant more protection? Why did Steven go to the Consulate.
The attack appeared to be a spontaneous attack planned by militants, using the protesting against the video in Cairo, etc as a cover and excuse.
Hillary stood her ground and she rocked. Hope to see her in 2016. Amateurs like Paul and Johnson don’t stand a chance in hell against Hillary.

I wasn't sure it was you posting this. So what you are saying is you are lauding Hillary for pointing out that the administration lied to the American people for a full two weeks. Why they did is anyone's guess but you pointing out what everyone already knew changes NOTHING. And yes, telling the truth does make a difference. People died and the administration lied. And in reality THAT is what doesn't make a difference to the left.

Well Hell. I guess all those request for additional security were someones idea of a joke then.

To bad the assholes at State didn't get them that extra security. Those four men would probably be alive today applauding State.

Of course they are all dead and the State Department is covering its ass big time.

I suppose if Hillary were visiting at the time of the attack there would have been extra security. No Hillary. No extra security and four good men dead.

Think I'd rather have those four good men.

do you guys realise this makes your party look like complete idiots?

are you really that out of touch with reality?

just what the hell do you think you are proving?

what is the real GET for your party here?

your BIG claim is that someone lied?

is that it?

The ARB report, released late Tuesday, faults the State Department for “systemic failures and leadership and management deficiencies at senior levels [which] resulted in a Special Mission security posture that was inadequate for Benghazi and grossly inadequate to deal with the attack.” But it concluded that no government employee “engaged in misconduct or willfully ignored his or her responsibilities, and, therefore did not find reasonable cause [to recommend] disciplinary action.”

The Board was critical of the decision to rely on a local militia for security at the diplomatic post, calling the reliance on them “misplaced.”

Ambassador Chris Stevens, the report says, did not leave the diplomatic compound the day of the attack and there was no intelligence warning of a threat.

The report confirmed that there was no protest outside the compound before the attacks as initial intelligence had suggested. The ARB members concluded the attacks were “unanticipated in their scale and intensity” and that the responsibility for the loss of life rests solely with the terrorists who carried out the attacks.

The report noted that “the Benghazi attack represented the first murder of a U.S. ambassador since 1988.”

http://tv.msnbc.com/2012/12/19/beng...dequate-security-but-also-remarkable-heroism/

This will turn out just like fast and furious for the republican party.

You make yourselves look like partisan fools to the world.

Then you run away and try to pry some other lie filled fake scandal out of some other tragedy.

I wasn't sure it was you posting this. So what you are saying is you are lauding Hillary for pointing out that the administration lied to the American people for a full two weeks. Why they did is anyone's guess but you pointing out what everyone already knew changes NOTHING. And yes, telling the truth does make a difference. People died and the administration lied. And in reality THAT is what doesn't make a difference to the left.

You throw out the word "lie" so easily, when it's obvious, as the administration has been saying all along, that there are conflicting accounts of what was and had been going on. It'll be interesting to hear what the survivors have to say. I'm sure there will be many different stories. This is more a case of "the fog of war" than anything else, IMO.

do you guys realise this makes your party look like complete idiots?

are you really that out of touch with reality?

What I see is that it make you look like a complete idiot.

If Bush were POTUS when this happened you be screaming like a stuck pit about lies, cover ups and anything else you could scream about.

Your a fucking idiot. You think your boy hero and the Dems wouldn't lie to cover their asses.

As I said your a fucking biased idiot.

Then you run away and try to pry some other lie filled fake scandal out of some other tragedy.

The only partisan fool I see is You.

The only reason the investigation on FF halted was because the fuck in the WP used EO to stop the investigation.

If Bush had done that you'd be screaming about cover ups and lies. But because it the Dem fuck in the WH its okay and you believe his explanation about national security. National Security?? It Mexico for fucks sakes.

Anyone with half a brain, which leaves you out, can see what a bunch of bs his EO is. Its covering his buddy Holders ass plain and simple.

As for Benghazi. His administration lied their asses off. A video. Good gawd. The CIA said it was AQ from the get go. You, of course, see no problem with that fuck, Hillary and the Dems lying through their teeth. They are your heros. The Dems.

Your a fucking biased idiot and always will be.

So you are saying you predict obama put EP on this and shut it away? Prediction noted

The only partisan fool I see is You.

The only reason the investigation on FF halted was because the fuck in the WP used EO to stop the investigation.

If Bush had done that you'd be screaming about cover ups and lies. But because it the Dem fuck in the WH its okay and you believe his explanation about national security. National Security?? It Mexico for fucks sakes.

Anyone with half a brain, which leaves you out, can see what a bunch of bs his EO is. Its covering his buddy Holders ass plain and simple.

As for Benghazi. His administration lied their asses off. A video. Good gawd. The CIA said it was AQ from the get go. You, of course, see no problem with that fuck, Hillary and the Dems lying through their teeth. They are your heros. The Dems.

Your a fucking biased idiot and always will be.

Limit your responses to 3 words please. She cant comprehend anything more than that

beucase you are fools who spout whatever talking points your right wing media tell you to spout no matter what the facts say

Can you not respond to anyone? Just spit your hack shit out all day. I think your bottle is calling you

You throw out the word "lie" so easily, when it's obvious, as the administration has been saying all along, that there are conflicting accounts of what was and had been going on. It'll be interesting to hear what the survivors have to say. I'm sure there will be many different stories. This is more a case of "the fog of war" than anything else, IMO.

Maybe on the first day, but after two weeks and 6 talk shows? Come on at some point one must realize we were not told the truth.

Maybe on the first day, but after two weeks and 6 talk shows? Come on at some point one must realize we were not told the truth.

what do you think was the big deal?

there was no lie and that has been found in the investigation.

why do you just keep lying about it?

what do you think was the big deal?

there was no lie and that has been found in the investigation.

why do you just keep lying about it?

No lie? Please elaborate your BS

Forum List

Back