"Everyone Use Muhammed as Your Avatar Day" for message boards

As a Christian, I'm happy to offend individuals, but I am not inclined to offend a whole faith because of the actions of a few, any more than I am prepared to label all liberals as idiots because of the rabid lefties. I take people as individuals, not groups. So, no, I won't participate. I think it's offensive to the millions of decent muslims.

Are you under the impression that mocking the prophet (SAWS) only upsets "extremists"? :eusa_eh:

No, thousands take to the streets, burn embasseys; rant a rave like four year old children when it happens.

The religion is so insecure in it's faith it can not just say this is free speech we shall ignore it because we believe it to be untrue.

Why wouldn't you want to spend your Independence Day deriding Muslims like the oh-so-clever OP? :cuckoo:

It isn't deriding Muslims, it's practicing my freedom of speech.
...In a way that is purposefully insulting to Muslims. Nobody's stopping you from making a fool of yourself if you choose to do so.

And I'm not advocating it, a local writer in South Carolina is. I personally think it's just funny. By the way, how would using a photo of Muhammed as the id for an internet message board be deriding to Muslims?
Are you under the impression that mocking the prophet (SAWS) only upsets "extremists"? :eusa_eh:

are you aware that threatening and killing creative artists for expressing their ideas....is a threat to all of mankind?

we, as a culture, cannot let one sect tell the rest what they can mock and laugh about.
I mock a lot of things...i mock a lot of religions....i try to keep the bumperstickers where they will insult most people....i have one "friends dont let friend behead infidels"...do you have the right to kill me over that? hell no....just like the jesus people dont have the right to tell me what i can or cannot say or express...the jesus people put up with a lot more ...without mayhem or murder

what is with the you people and the damned cartoons? who do the cartoons hurt?
is your faith that thin that you must have violence over cartoons?

I have no desire to. I have nothing against Muslims. And I see no point in disrespecting the vast majority for what a minority do. Yeah, We have freedom of speech. And part of freedom of speech is disrespecting others. I get that. But Id rather choose the other path. Not because of any threat. But because I want to continually reach out in botherhood to all mankind.

i dont really see this as an insult...i see it as a demonstration that we as a people...will not be censored by any religion. Nor threatened by any religion for expressing ideas...be they mocking or not. even the kings had court jesters to remind them....they were not gods.

Someone here in SC is advocating that on July 4th, everyone on the internet use paint and photoshop to design an image of Muhammed to use for your avatar or id photo on internet message boards. I love it.

Why is that you little faggot?

Ah, isn't that cute, you learned a big boy word.

Well, I love it because finally some people are beginning to stand up to the lunatics that threaten jihad over cartoons. The American way. Don't back down to intimidation. That I love.

You're so angry all the time. Maybe you should watch some South Park and mellow out.

I am as happy as it gets. Free white and 21... :lol::lol::lol: If I've said it once I've said it a thousnds of times....I fuckin hate all organized religion if not just for the intent of this thread... I'm best...you suck...I'm gonna go to heaven....you will rot in hell...blah...blah

So you think it smart to invoke Islam wackos?..how about they scribble some stick figures of the pope butt fucking a young boy?

Well, I love it because finally some people are beginning to stand up to the lunatics that threaten jihad over cartoons. The American way. Don't back down to intimidation. That I love.

You're so angry all the time. Maybe you should watch some South Park and mellow out.

I am as happy as it gets. Free white and 21... :lol::lol::lol: If I've said it once I've said it a thousnds of times....I fuckin hate all organized religion if not just for the intent of this thread... I'm best...you suck...I'm gonna go to heaven....you will rot in hell...blah...blah

So you think it smart to invoke Islam wackos?..how about they scribble some stick figures of the pope butt fucking a young boy?

Hnmm, Huggy, you may be making a personal breakthrough.

HA! They could scribble the Pope and Jesus getting it on, and I'm a Christian and would do nothing but ignore it. Might even laugh at it, as I do when South Park makes fun of Christianity.

I'm sure not gonna send any threat over it or behead anyone over it.

And yeah, I think it is very smart to invoke Islam whacks. They are a true danger to civil society when they will blow up an intersection over a cartoon or kill their daughter for going out on a date. The more we expose this, the sooner it will be dealt with and we can be safer to openly mock each other in peace.

Nobody is stopping us from doing it? Um.......your fellow Muslims are making death threats and beheading people for offending Islam. Thats kinda, ya know, scary.

Then I guess it's "nut up or shut up." :eusa_eh:

Wow, Kalam, you are a piece of work man. You did not attempt to hide your support for the terrorists in Chechnya. The same ones who murdered 300 women and children at Beslan.

Hard to carry on a dialogue with someone that holds your outlook on the world. Here in America, we have found a way to mix every ethnicity and race, every religion, every belief, well, everything the world has to offer in one 300 million person pot. And we get along relatively peacefully, with peaceful yet very heated protests for the most part. We aren't beheading each other or committing massacres at schools.

Thanks for reminding me why I pray to my Christian God every day and thank him for allowing me to live in this great country. I pity much of the rest of the world who does not get this chance.

I guess my post sort of went over your head. I can't say that I didn't see that coming. No understanding of Islam... no understanding of Chechnya... which ignorance of yours will you expose next? :lol:

No, thousands take to the streets, burn embasseys; rant a rave like four year old children when it happens.

The religion is so insecure in it's faith it can not just say this is free speech we shall ignore it because we believe it to be untrue.

Perhaps your cartoons would receive a more tepid response from Muslims if you weren't invading our countries and slaughtering our civilians at the same time.

are you aware that threatening and killing creative artists for expressing their ideas....is a threat to all of mankind?
No. Taking potshots at a religion doesn't involve "creativity" or "artistic expression"; it's an ignorant expression of hatred that begets more ignorant hatred in response.

we, as a culture, cannot let one sect tell the rest what they can mock and laugh about.
I mock a lot of things...i mock a lot of religions....i try to keep the bumperstickers where they will insult most people....i have one "friends dont let friend behead infidels"...do you have the right to kill me over that? hell no....just like the jesus people dont have the right to tell me what i can or cannot say or express...the jesus people put up with a lot more ...without mayhem or murder

The cartoons are a symptom of a vague but deep-seated antipathy towards Islam in general, or at least that's the way that many people seem to feel. It's not the cartoons that are being protested as much as the sentiments that led to their creation. While protesting violently isn't a very intelligent way of convincing people that you shouldn't be insulted, that's what the response will be and the people who draw the offensive cartoons know this and want it. They're pot-stirrers and I have no respect for them as "artists" or as humans.

Nonsense, Kalam, see what happens if the ignorant attack first amendment freedoms, which in part allows a person to tell you that you are a piece of dog or that I smell like fish guts.

Your religion and its prophet are not exempt from censure and ridicule.

No. Taking potshots at a religion doesn't involve "creativity" or "artistic expression"; it's an ignorant expression of hatred that begets more ignorant hatred in response.

The cartoons are a symptom of a vague but deep-seated antipathy towards Islam in general, or at least that's the way that many people seem to feel. It's not the cartoons that are being protested as much as the sentiments that led to their creation. While protesting violently isn't a very intelligent way of convincing people that you shouldn't be insulted, that's what the response will be and the people who draw the offensive cartoons know this and want it. They're pot-stirrers and I have no respect for them as "artists" or as humans.

All in your opinion. South Park, in my opinion, is among the most genius shows of our generation. Anyone who actually has watched every episode will agree the statement each one makes about our culture is far more intellectual and sensable than anything we see on network cable news.

People take far more pot-shots at Christianity than Islam. Christians don't behead folks over it. And in our great country, "art" is allowed in all forms. Including mocking religion. I think many mainstream people in America don't have a problem with Islam or Muslims, but have a problem with the radicals (like our KKK claiming Christianity) and we do realize most Muslims are not this way. But, we also note that most Muslims are very hesitant to condemn their radicals and disown them the way Christians have disowned, condemned and prosecuted the KKK. That would help your cause a lot.

Perhaps your cartoons would receive a more tepid response from Muslims if you weren't invading our countries and slaughtering our civilians at the same time.

This will be fun.

SO, you are telling me Saddam Hussein and the Taliban never slaughtered civilians? Our men and women are dying over there while trying to build schools, hospitals, clean water systems, new roads, etc. We are trying to HELP those places, and the radicals don't want it because the citizens would turn moderate and pro-US rather than live in fear of the radicals as they have for centuries. Thats why the Islamic radicals don't want us there, because if they got out of the way, those Muslim people would live healthier, more free lives. And thus, turn away from the intimidation and fear of the radicals. Iraq is improving because of just that.

And since I know this is going to turn to Israel, I have to say this: 1967 is over. Here in America, we have two factions that also are holding on to past lost wars. The Mexicans and Southern Confederates. Both still look back with nostalgia at what they feel was unjust, at land they feel they should still have. But both look at it through just that: nostalgia. They wish their cause had succeeded, but got over it after a few decades and joined modern civilization, as we don't have Mexican conquests with guns being attempted, and the Civil War is not being re-ignited with violence.

The Muslim world should do the same. The entire Middle East declared war on Israel in 1967 and lost. Lost severely. It happened and it's over. Move on.

All in your opinion. South Park, in my opinion, is among the most genius shows of our generation. Anyone who actually has watched every episode will agree the statement each one makes about our culture is far more intellectual and sensable than anything we see on network cable news.
I have. South Park was an alright show until Isaac Hayes left and has sucked ever since. As for "genius", I want some of whatever you're on because not even its creators would call it that.

People take far more pot-shots at Christianity than Islam.
Source?

Christians don't behead folks over it.
Christianity is no longer a serious religion for most people in the West; it's a collection of meaningless rituals and rules that most if its followers choose to observe only if doing so is convenient. Many Christians who are serious about their beliefs are quite prone to committing atrocities:

According to the allegations set out in the warrants of arrest, the LRA is an armed group which “has established a pattern of brutalization of civilians by acts including murder, abduction, sexual enslavement, mutilation, as well as mass burnings of houses and looting of camp settlements; that abducted civilians, including children, are said to have been forcibly recruited as fighters, porters and sex slaves and to take part in attacks against the Ugandan army (UPDF) and civilian communities”. - ICC - Warrant of Arrest unsealed against five LRA Commanders

In particular, the LRA abducted numerous children and, at clandestine bases, terrorized them into virtual slavery as guards, concubines, and soldiers. In addition to being beaten, raped, and forced to march until exhausted, abducted children were forced to participate in the killing of other children who had attempted to escape. Amnesty International reported that without child abductions, the LRA would have few combatants. More than 6,000 children were abducted during 1998, although many of those abducted later escaped or were released. Most human rights NGOs place the number of abducted children still held captive by the LRA at around 3,000, although estimates vary substantially....The LRA rebels say they are fighting for the establishment of a government based on the biblical Ten Commandments. They are notorious for kidnapping children and forcing them to become rebel fighters or concubines. More than one-half-million people in Uganda's Gulu and Kitgum districts have been displaced by the fighting and are living in temporary camps, protected by the army. - Lord's Resistance Army (LRA)

washingtonpost.com
Sudan: LRA rebels attack several villages | Radio Netherlands Worldwide

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ip08pjKngI]YouTube - The Lord's Resistance Army Hunts Children in Sudan[/ame]

This will be fun.

SO, you are telling me Saddam Hussein and the Taliban never slaughtered civilians?
I'll tell you that what they may have done has fuck-all to do with this discussion. :cuckoo:

Our men and women are dying over there while trying to build schools, hospitals, clean water systems, new roads, etc. We are trying to HELP those places, and the radicals don't want it because the citizens would turn moderate and pro-US rather than live in fear of the radicals as they have for centuries. Thats why the Islamic radicals don't want us there, because if they got out of the way, those Muslim people would live healthier, more free lives. And thus, turn away from the intimidation and fear of the radicals. Iraq is improving because of just that.

:lol:

What a load of nonsense. What we want is for you to stay completely out of our affairs. We don't want your puppet governments or any regime change that doesn't come from within, and we certainly don't want crusaders to continue their military occupation of Islamic lands. The world in which humanitarian-minded soldiers from the US come to liberate poor, dumb Muslims from tyrannical dictators and establish "freedom" and "democracy" exists only in your mind. We're perfectly capable of killing dictators without you raping our countries with decade-long occupations.

And since I know this is going to turn to Israel,
Not until you decided to bring it up out of nowhere, Tinkerbell. If you want to talk about Israel, start a new thread.

^^

Yep. Christians in Africa are murdering folks. And you wonder why we want our way of life exported to the rest of the world?????????????

Because that shit doesn't happen here on a regular basis anymore, unless you are a Muslim jihadist.

Agree on Chef. Show isn't as great as it once was after Chef was gone.

This will be fun.

SO, you are telling me Saddam Hussein and the Taliban never slaughtered civilians?
I'll tell you that what they may have done has fuck-all to do with this discussion. :cuckoo:

Our men and women are dying over there while trying to build schools, hospitals, clean water systems, new roads, etc. We are trying to HELP those places, and the radicals don't want it because the citizens would turn moderate and pro-US rather than live in fear of the radicals as they have for centuries. Thats why the Islamic radicals don't want us there, because if they got out of the way, those Muslim people would live healthier, more free lives. And thus, turn away from the intimidation and fear of the radicals. Iraq is improving because of just that.

:lol:

What a load of nonsense. What we want is for you to stay completely out of our affairs. We don't want your puppet governments or any regime change that doesn't come from within, and we certainly don't want crusaders to continue their military occupation of Islamic lands. The world in which humanitarian-minded soldiers from the US come to liberate poor, dumb Muslims from tyrannical dictators and establish "freedom" and "democracy" exists only in your mind. We're perfectly capable of killing dictators without you raping our countries with decade-long occupations.

And since I know this is going to turn to Israel,
Not until you decided to bring it up out of nowhere, Tinkerbell. If you want to talk about Israel, start a new thread.

Well, I think it has a lot to do with it when you bring up us "invading" your countries. Saddam ignited it with Kuwait. He ignored surrender conditions. He committed genocide and mass murder on the great people of Iraq. Are you saying you approved of him, since you say they were capable of killing him but decided not to? I suppose the Iraqi women and Kurds were approving of Saddam, right?

And the Taliban? Well, in case you didn't notice, Al Qaida was training in Afghanistan. And there was this big thing on September 11th, 2001.

Radical Islam is holding back the Middle East. If that cancer were rooted out, the people there would prosper as well as anyone in any part of the world. But they don't have the power to topple dictators. I will say, however, that our cozy relationship with the Saudis, while toppling other dictators, troubles me.

Yep. Christians in Africa are murdering folks. And you wonder why we want our way of life exported to the rest of the world?????????????
I sure do, considering the current state of affairs in Africa is a direct result of your way of life. Did you forget that Uganda and Sudan were British colonies until halfway through the 20th century? The LRA is a product of your way of life. Excuse us if we choose to explore alternatives.

Forum List

Back