Everyone ready for the Rapture?

theDoctorisIn

Platinum Member
Senior USMB Moderator
Aug 12, 2009
In the center of it all
Haha. God is like "Oh look at these freaking americans electing obama... I better just go ahead and start the rapture to put them out of their misery."

The concept of the Rapture, or Parousia as it's known by Catholics, is outlined in the biblical New Testament.

This signal event does not herald the imminent end of the world but the end of the Church dispensation or age.

Ages are divisions of history, some short, some long that define God's interaction with mankind and the rest of his creation to accomplish His purposes.

The Church age began at Pentecost and will continue to the rapture when those who are "in Christ" and living will be transformed, out of this world and into the next. An analogy would be like when people or things are transported with a device as depicted in Star Trek. We've all seen that.

The rest of mankind will continue to live into the next age or dispensation. Which is generally known as the Tribulation. This will be a short age lasting seven years.

Following the Tribulation, the second coming of Christ will occur and the next age, the Millennium, will begin and last a thousand years. After that the end will come.

I'm glad to say it will be a happy ending. At least that's the way I see it.

As to when this chain of events will begain is unknown but it could be as close as tomorrow or as far away as God wants it to be.

My thinking is that it's close, like in my lifetime, but what do I know Ha. I certainly don't fear it.

Bon Voyage.

The "Rapture" is load of bollocks.

It's not really a part of the Christian doctrine, even though plenty of Christians buy into it.

much of the gospel is written to show the fulfillment of prophecies....

one must realize in this god thing...jesus was a johnny come lately....many religions precedent christianity....

much of the gospel is written to show the fulfillment of prophecies....

one must realize in this god thing...jesus was a johnny come lately....many religions precedent christianity....

well, they tried to write it that way. but the prophesies say that before the messiah comes, the temple has to be rebuilt. last time is was in jerusalem, that still hadn't happened. and there's not a lot that can be done to write around that one.

just my own belief

now jillian if we look at the bible.....cain is shunned in favor of abel and his sheep offering....do you think that could be cause the old testament was written by nomad jews who did what...o yea herded sheep?

Forum List

Back