Everyone Knows We Are All Equal

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Deep down, everyone knows we are all equal ultimately.

We only "care" about difference because of our own biases. Which is always towards those like us, and against those that are not. Whether is be for race reasons or political reasons (or, something else).

The only way we are unequal is in our minds. Period.

charlesatlasad1.jpg

Not always

In the end we all are equal, and we all know it.
Only society dictates "rankings" ... but only we allow society to affect us.
We are all born as the same type of beings. We are shaped and molded, some luckier than others in circumstances, but ultimately, we know we are not superior to any other fellow man.

No one is equal, equality would suggest that Humans are robot like.

No 2 people have exactly the same DNA, nor life experience.

Even if DNA, and life experience might cluster towards groups.

Those groups aren't equally represented either.

In that sense, yes, we are different (DNA), yet still all human
Groups are not equally represented by who? Other human beings no better than any other "said" group.... still ultimately, all with equal human worthiness.

There's a difference between equal and being the same.

"Equal", having no definition we all agree to, is essentially meaningless. It demonstrates once more the ultimate relativity of words, thoughts and desires. What the 'founders' meant by "men" being "created equal" was an aspiration that we embrace a common brotherhood. A nice sentiment, but as we look around America we find it conspicuously absent.
For society to act as if all its members were equal would be a good basis for peace. Given human frailty and psychology, it does not seem likely to occur without a serious revolution. By that, of course, is not meant some classic 'revolution' out in the streets, but rather a drastic one in the avenues of the mind.

"Equal", having no definition we all agree to, is essentially meaningless. It demonstrates once more the ultimate relativity of words, thoughts and desires. What the 'founders' meant by "men" being "created equal" was an aspiration that we embrace a common brotherhood. A nice sentiment, but as we look around America we find it conspicuously absent.
For society to act as if all its members were equal would be a good basis for peace. Given human frailty and psychology, it does not seem likely to occur without a serious revolution. By that, of course, is not meant some classic 'revolution' out in the streets, but rather a drastic one in the avenues of the mind.

Or that under the eyes of the govt, everyone is equal, that the govt doesn't treat two people differently because of the color of their skin, their gender etc. Everyone pays the taxes they have to pay because of the work they do.

However this has never happened in the US yet.

In order for there to be equality, 2 must be the same, otherwise there's disparities.

Therefor equality is perhaps the most retarded ideal the World has ever seen.

For society to act as if all its members were equal would be a good basis for peace. Given human frailty and psychology, it does not seem likely to occur without a serious revolution.

I agree, but, I don't think it will ever happen really.... my point is that I believe that deep down we KNOW it. Perhaps we don't want to believe it because of human frailty and psychology, and, I think when confronted with this knowledge, thus, anger and violence ensues, because, people want things to jive with their mindset and stay the same.

In the deepest part of a person is the realization of being alone in a universe that will end at one's death.

In order for there to be equality, 2 must be the same, otherwise there's disparities.

No, it depends on how you see equality. If it is that the govt has to see you as equal, you get the same rights, the same restrictions as everyone else based on your race, sex, religion etc. Then it's fine, I mean, these are the ideals the US was founded on.

In the deepest part of a person is the realization of being alone in a universe that will end at one's death.

Not sure I follow. Alone in what way? Living or dead? We end at our death, but not the universe... or am I not reading your post correctly?

For society to act as if all its members were equal would be a good basis for peace. Given human frailty and psychology, it does not seem likely to occur without a serious revolution.

I agree, but, I don't think it will ever happen really.... my point is that I believe that deep down we KNOW it. Perhaps we don't want to believe it because of human frailty and psychology, and, I think when confronted with this knowledge, thus, anger and violence ensues, because, people want things to jive with their mindset and stay the same.

I think the opposite, I think enough people are arrogant enough to feel they are superior to others, that this is what causes the problems.

No, it depends on how you see equality. If it is that the govt has to see you as equal, you get the same rights, the same restrictions as everyone else based on your race, sex, religion etc. Then it's fine, I mean, these are the ideals the US was founded on.

Equality before the law, would also be impossible to achieve, because no 2 judges, juries, or lawyers are identical.

We are not equal, and everybody knows it.

If we all were equal and we all believed it, there would be no status, no envy and no discrimination.

People don't want equality. They want self-esteem.

Forum List

Back