Everyone is thinking it and no one is saying it

Powerman

Jul 23, 2005
What the fuck is wrong with the black people in this country?

Jesus Christ how fucking barbaric do you have to be to shoot at a fucking helicopter that is trying to rescue you? I realize that these people certainly don't represent all black people but you don't see one person of any other ethnicity conducting themselves with the same type of fucking lunacy.

Powerman said:
What the fuck is wrong with the black people in this country?

Jesus Christ how fucking barbaric do you have to be to shoot at a fucking helicopter that is trying to rescue you? I realize that these people certainly don't represent all black people but you don't see one person of any other ethnicity conducting themselves with the same type of fucking lunacy.

Was this on the news or something? :eek:

Said1 said:
Was this on the news or something? :eek:

Yes....look at Fox..or just google it actually. Shooting at helicopters, breaking into hospitals, armed gangs driving around in and on trucks. Police officers quitting after seeing fellow officers with their heads shot off, etc.

I had heard of the hospitals, looting etc, but not the other stuff. No wonder their being left to their own devices till they knock it the fuck off!

Check out haiti. Check out many african nations. It's not all whiteys fault.

Many of them have had their drug supply cut off. That's why they are breaking into hospitals. Some of the druggies are probably going crazy without their fix or taking other stuff that makes them go nuts. Must be tough when their illegal drug distribution is disrupted.

I will grant that the videos of looters are showing some blacks acting barbaric-in the true meaning of the word 'barbaric.' One must keep in mind though, the population of New Orleans:

http://neworleans.areaconnect.com/statistics.htm

Race
One race 478473 98.72%
White 135956 28.05%
Black or African American 325947 67.25%
American Indian and Alaska Native 991 0.2%
Asian 10972 2.26%
Asian indian 1195 0.25%
Chinese 958 0.2%
Filipino 515 0.11%
Japanese 283 0.06%
Korean 358 0.07%
Vietnamese 7118 1.47%
Other Asian 545 0.11%
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander 109 0.02%
Native Hawaiian 27 0.01%
Guamanian or Chamorro 29 0.01%
Samoan 24 0%
Other Pacific Islander 29 0.01%
Some other race 4498 0.93%

Now of those 'left behind' we are speaking mostly of tourists, poor, or those with sickly relatives-that didn't want to leave them alone. Thus, which are the ones looting/shooting/etc? 1 out of 3 choices.

There is also the phenonema of this. Remember that the media, even when 'liberal' has their own prejudices of captioning what they are seeing. That doesn't mean it isn't happening, but the captioning, impression can be vastly different:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/triciawang/38922728/
Flickr user dustin3000 uploaded two similar news photos; each of a flood victim in New Orleans wading in chest high water with boxes and bags.

Caption 1 under the very dark skinned person: " A young man walks through chest deep flood water after looting a grocery store in New Orleans"

Caption 2under the light skinned person: "Two residents wade through chest-deep water after finding bread and soda from a local grocery store..."

AMENDED NOTE:
I posted this picture not to CLAIM Racism. These photographs were taken by 2 different photographer, in two different situations and captioned by 2 different copy-editors at 2 different companies. Had the 2 pictures been taken by the same photographer AND captioned by the same copy editor, then the racial motives behind the copy-editor's word choice could be equivocated.

What's interesting about the the juxtapostion of these two photos is that when compared, one can see how word choice can greatly affect the way a viewer extricates meaning from an image. The nature of comparing 2 items in an analytical world is just that - to get you to critically analyze the photos and astutely pull out larger themes that give insight to other topics that otherwise wouldn't be as apparent.

To deride the 2 photographers, 2 copyeditors, and American media for being racist, is not the most cogent claim in this situation.

Kathianne said:
I will grant that the videos of looters are showing some blacks acting barbaric-in the true meaning of the word 'barbaric.' One must keep in mind though, the population of New Orleans:

http://neworleans.areaconnect.com/statistics.htm

Now of those 'left behind' we are speaking mostly of tourists, poor, or those with sickly relatives-that didn't want to leave them alone. Thus, which are the ones looting/shooting/etc? 1 out of 3 choices.

There is also the phenonema of this. Remember that the media, even when 'liberal' has their own prejudices of captioning what they are seeing. That doesn't mean it isn't happening, but the captioning, impression can be vastly different:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/triciawang/38922728/

Nice try but how can you try rationalize the fact that black miscreants without a soul are killing raping and robbing people indiscriminately. They are hijacking ambulances for God sakes. Are you going to try to tell me that if an all white neighborhood had this happen to them the first thing they would do is break into stores and steal TVs , guns ,drugs and then procede to shoot other white people including those who are coming in to save your own neighbors??????????????

dilloduck said:
Nice try but how can you try rationalize the fact that black miscreants without a soul are killing raping and robbing people indiscriminately. They are hijacking ambulances for God sakes. Are you going to try to tell me that if an all white neighborhood had this happen to them the first thing they would do is break into stores and steal TVs , guns ,drugs and then procede to shoot other white people including those who are coming in to save your own neighbors??????????????

No, I'm not trying to say that. But some might, just like some are. Most aren't, in fact are appalled and the victims of the barbarians.

Kathianne said:
No, I'm not trying to say that. But some might, just like some are. Most aren't, in fact are appalled and the victims of the barbarians.
Unfortunately if you went down there and called these very people barbarians, I'll bet you $20 someone would say you are using a racial slur.

dilloduck said:
Unfortunately if you went down there and called these very people barbarians, I'll bet you $20 someone would say you are using a racial slur.
And I'd care? Why?

ScreamingEagle said:
Many of them have had their drug supply cut off. That's why they are breaking into hospitals. Some of the druggies are probably going crazy without their fix or taking other stuff that makes them go nuts. Must be tough when their illegal drug distribution is disrupted.
aint life a bitch?

Just to let you guys know, I'm a resident of Baton Rouge and I'm pretty close to the situation at hand. A friend of mine that works downtown had to take the last 2 days off of work because the refugees were harassing people downtown by the Baton Rouge river center. They have broken into cars, attacked people with knives, they had to bring in the fucking SWAT team for God's sake. The media here is seriously underplaying the situation and aren't confirming any of it but you certainly don't shut down every major business in the area and bring in the SWAT team if something crazy isn't happening.

New Orleans has always been an oversized ghetto for as long as I can remember. Now they are about to fuck up this town. I'll certainly be getting the fuck out after graduation. I can promise you the crime rate in this city will sky rocket and it will be because of the large influx of poor black people. Like it or not, it's a fact. Racism exists for a reason.

Powerman said:
Just to let you guys know, I'm a resident of Baton Rouge and I'm pretty close to the situation at hand. A friend of mine that works downtown had to take the last 2 days off of work because the refugees were harassing people downtown by the Baton Rouge river center. They have broken into cars, attacked people with knives, they had to bring in the fucking SWAT team for God's sake. The media here is seriously underplaying the situation and aren't confirming any of it but you certainly don't shut down every major business in the area and bring in the SWAT team if something crazy isn't happening.

New Orleans has always been an oversized ghetto for as long as I can remember. Now they are about to fuck up this town. I'll certainly be getting the fuck out after graduation. I can promise you the crime rate in this city will sky rocket and it will be because of the large influx of poor black people. Like it or not, it's a fact. Racism exists for a reason.

ya but shhhhhhhhhhh don't talk about it.

Powerman said:

You live in Red Stick?

Ahh, things are becoming more clear....

:happy2:

Forum List

Back