'Everyone in US under virtual surveillance' - NSA whistleblower

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
'Everyone in US under virtual surveillance' - NSA whistleblower — RT

The FBI records the emails of nearly all US citizens, including members of congress, according to NSA whistleblower William Binney. In an interview with RT, he warned that the government can use this information against anyone.

Binney, one of the best mathematicians and code breakers in the history of the National Security Agency, resigned in 2001. He claimed he no longer wanted to be associated with alleged violations of the Constitution, such as how the FBI engages in widespread and pervasive surveillance through powerful devices called 'Naris.'

What's your beef with this?

What the heck do you folks think that the Bush administration was doing? Didn't you guys back the Patriot Act and torture?

Well? Now you don't like it?

:lol:

What the heck do you folks think that the Bush administration was doing? Didn't you guys back the Patriot Act and torture?

Um...don't forget the Clinton administration when it comes to snooping on U.S. citizens (and others).

From 60 Minutes, aired February 27, 2000...

ECHELON; WORLDWIDE CONVERSATIONS BEING RECEIVED BY THE ECHELON SYSTEM MAY FALL INTO THE WRONG HANDS AND INNOCENT PEOPLE MAY BE TAGGED AS SPIES

STEVE KROFT, co-host:

If you made a phone call today or sent an e-mail to a friend, there's a good chance what you said or wrote was captured and screened by the country's largest intelligence agency. The top-secret Global Surveillance Network is called Echelon, and it's run by the National Security Agency and four English-speaking allies: Canada, Great Britain, Australia and New Zealand.

I watched it live that night and figured all hell would break loose over it the next day. But there was nary a peep instead.

Here's the link...Transcript of 60 Minutes on Echelon

How come Barry has re-authorized the Patriot Act every year? Where's your beef with that?

Imagine if the US Gov't wanted to open everyone of your letters, make a copy and save them.

Would you be OK with that? Only stupid people who want America to be a "comfortable prison" would.

Um...don't forget the Clinton administration when it comes to snooping on U.S. citizens (and others).

ECHELON; WORLDWIDE CONVERSATIONS BEING RECEIVED BY THE ECHELON SYSTEM MAY FALL INTO THE WRONG HANDS AND INNOCENT PEOPLE MAY BE TAGGED AS SPIES

STEVE KROFT, co-host:

If you made a phone call today or sent an e-mail to a friend, there's a good chance what you said or wrote was captured and screened by the country's largest intelligence agency. The top-secret Global Surveillance Network is called Echelon, and it's run by the National Security Agency and four English-speaking allies: Canada, Great Britain, Australia and New Zealand.

I watched it live that night and figured all hell would break loose over it the next day. But there was nary a peep instead.

Sundays? That's for swilling beer and watching the NFL Reality Shows on TV!

Americans either don't care about Freedom anymore or are to lazy to fight for it.

Seeing how government agencies are completely impotent in most cases, they can go ahead and waste their time saving all that useless information. Even if they could find a way to use it in terrible rights violating ways, they'd fuck it up 9 times out of 10.

Just more governmetn bloat and waste to maybe, MAYBE catch someone jerking off.

Shit, we couldn't find one rag head cave dweller for over ten years. Go ahead and save grandma's emails on recipes and pharmi's.

STEVE KROFT, co-host:

Sundays? That's for swilling beer and watching the NFL Reality Shows on TV!

Americans either don't care about Freedom anymore or are to lazy to fight for it.

I think both. The people that care about freedom are too lazy. The other lazy people dont care about freedom. Apparently 62+million people dont care about freedom

I made no comment, I love everything about it. I love the goernment knowing everything about me. I love torture. I love the PAct. I love the Predator missile used as judge, jury and exectutioner. I love that Obama continues all of it even increasing the use. (actually I love none of the above)

But it seems not long ago your side was not so in love with torture as you are now. I do believe the left raised a ruckus over indefinite detention. I do believe the PAct wasn't exactly loved and obama promised to do away with it, LOL. What in the hell changed with you people?

Forum List

Back