“Everyone in the Western community wanted Shokin sacked.”

Couple of problems. First and most obvious is that Shokin was not looking into Burisma.

There goes your credible reason.

Except he was. You're such a little wimp. How do you live with yourself?

In 2012, the Ukrainian prosecutor general Viktor Pshonka began investigating Ukrainian oligarch Mykola Zlochevsky, owner of the natural gas company Burisma Holdings, over allegations of money laundering, tax evasion, and corruption during 2010-2012.[33][34]

In 2015, Shokin became the prosecutor general, inheriting the investigation. The Obama administration and other governments and non-governmental organizations soon became concerned that Shokin was not adequately pursuing corruption in Ukraine, was protecting the political elite, and was regarded as "an obstacle to anti-corruption efforts".

You’re such a sucker. You could at least read your own sources.

The Obama administration and other governments and non-governmental organizations soon became concerned that Shokin was not adequately pursuing corruption in Ukraine, was protecting the political elite, and was regarded as "an obstacle to anti-corruption efforts"

The investigation into Zlochevsky was dormant.

There’s little question that the Bidens’ paths in Ukraine held the potential for conflict, and in a tweet last week, Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani said the U.S. should investigate the matter. But what has received less attention is that at the time Biden made his ultimatum, the probe into the company -- Burisma Holdings, owned by Mykola Zlochevsky -- had been long dormant, according to the former official, Vitaliy Kasko.

“There was no pressure from anyone from the U.S. to close cases against Zlochevsky,” Kasko said in an interview last week. “It was shelved by Ukrainian prosecutors in 2014 and through 2015.”

You are probably going to ignore this since it doesn’t fit your narrative.
Sucker?

In 2015, Shokin became the prosecutor general, inheriting the investigation.

That is a fact, you little wimp. You said he was not investigating Burisma. Dormant because the Ukraine is still corrupt? LOL.
Like I said. You’ll ignore anything that doesn’t fit your narrative.

Yeah, he inherited it. Then did nothing. Ukrainian prosecutors leave cases open to extort oligarchs for bribes. That’s how its been for decades. Shokin wasn’t doing anything to clean it up.

Like I said, you ignore anything that doesn’t fit your narrative.

Pot to kettle...you're black. You ignore everything that doesn't fit YOUR narrative, Leftist. You said he was not investigating it. But he was. He inherited and you do not know what he did or did not do and if he was not doing anything then why did Biden threaten to hold $1Bn of aid until he was fired? Hmmmm....walks like a duck, talks like a duck, flies like a duck....it is a duck.

So you think the Senate will convict? If it is so obvious why was the impeachment 100% partisan and two Democrats disagreed with it? One switched parties. LOL. How does that fit your leftist, sissy narrative?

What have I ignored? Yeah. He inherited an investigation and did nothing with it. That was the statement from the anti-corruption lead prosecutor Kosko. It was also the opinion of the career State Dept officials.

All you have is one sentence clipped from a larger article that you’re pointing to. The rest of the article doesn’t fit your narrative so it was disregarded.

The second half of your post is a subtle walk back. You initially claimed he was definitely investigating. Now you’re claiming no one has any idea what they were doing. Which is it?

The Senate won’t convict. Republicans are afraid of the Trump cultists like you who don’t live in reality anymore.

Great. Then you should have no problem citing the law.

I work in this area so one of us knows what we are talking about. Hint, its not you.
And given your knowledge, that means it should be trivial for you to cite the relevant law.

Do I look like your first year law professor? Apparently you are a helpless snowflake incapable of educating yourself.
And you claim to know what you’re talking about but push comes to shove you don’t.

Color me surprised.

You really are a little hypocrite. I have beaten you in every single debate we have had on this board. Your opinions do not equal facts.

If I have an opinion, I support it with facts. You’re better than most at supporting your opinion. This other poster makes claims they can’t support.

He had credible reason. Biden on national TV said no aid until the prosecutor is fired and he was looking into a company where his son sat on the BOD, was getting paid a lot of $$ and didn't have the experience to garner such a role.

Couple of problems. First and most obvious is that Shokin was not looking into Burisma.

In 2012, the Ukrainian prosecutor general Viktor Pshonka began investigating Ukrainian oligarch Mykola Zlochevsky, owner of the natural gas company Burisma Holdings, over allegations of money laundering, tax evasion, and corruption during 2010-2012.[33][34]

In 2015, Shokin became the prosecutor general, inheriting the investigation. The Obama administration and other governments and non-governmental organizations soon became concerned that Shokin was not adequately pursuing corruption in Ukraine, was protecting the political elite, and was regarded as "an obstacle to anti-corruption efforts".
In February 2015, Shokin became Ukraine’s prosecutor general, and promised critics of his country’s anti-corruption efforts at home, in the US, and at the International Monetary Fund (IMF) that a clean-up was on the way. And he claimed Burisma was in his sights.

But Shokin’s deputy, Vitaly Kasko, told Bloomberg that the promise was empty rhetoric. According to Kasko, their office did nothing to pursue its investigation into Zlochevsky throughout 2015, and the office was ineffective at reining in corruption generally, leading him to resign in frustration.

Shokin has disputed Kasko’s narrative, but the manner in which he was running his office also concerned the US ambassador to Ukraine, who said publicly in September 2015 that the office was “subverting” the UK’s investigation.
Skokin had halted the Burisma investigation at the time of his firing.

Face it....................you've got nothin'.

Another cut and paste. Do you ever post your own thoughts? Obviously something odd was happening in Ukraine and Trump asked Zelensky to work with Barr to see what it was. Nothing Burger. You're a loser, Berg. Funny how you avoid my "yes or no" question. Coward.

Shokin has disputed Kasko’s narrative
IDGAF about your thoughts. I deal with what is provable. That Shokin was not investigating Burisma at the time of his firing is a fact. I understand why you don't like that fact...........but your opinion it isn't one is inconsequential to reality.

If it were so black and white then the impeachment would not have been 100% partisan. Explain why it was. Obviously many have a disparate POV. You stupid troll.

The Obama administration and other governments and non-governmental organizations soon became concerned that Shokin was not adequately pursuing corruption in Ukraine, was protecting the political elite, and was regarded as "an obstacle to anti-corruption efforts"

There’s little question that the Bidens’ paths in Ukraine held the potential for conflict, and in a tweet last week, Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani said the U.S. should investigate the matter. But what has received less attention is that at the time Biden made his ultimatum, the probe into the company -- Burisma Holdings, owned by Mykola Zlochevsky -- had been long dormant, according to the former official, Vitaliy Kasko.

“There was no pressure from anyone from the U.S. to close cases against Zlochevsky,” Kasko said in an interview last week. “It was shelved by Ukrainian prosecutors in 2014 and through 2015.”

Sucker?

That is a fact, you little wimp. You said he was not investigating Burisma. Dormant because the Ukraine is still corrupt? LOL.

Yeah, he inherited it. Then did nothing. Ukrainian prosecutors leave cases open to extort oligarchs for bribes. That’s how its been for decades. Shokin wasn’t doing anything to clean it up.

Pot to kettle...you're black. You ignore everything that doesn't fit YOUR narrative, Leftist. You said he was not investigating it. But he was. He inherited and you do not know what he did or did not do and if he was not doing anything then why did Biden threaten to hold $1Bn of aid until he was fired? Hmmmm....walks like a duck, talks like a duck, flies like a duck....it is a duck.

So you think the Senate will convict? If it is so obvious why was the impeachment 100% partisan and two Democrats disagreed with it? One switched parties. LOL. How does that fit your leftist, sissy narrative?

What have I ignored? Yeah. He inherited an investigation and did nothing with it. That was the statement from the anti-corruption lead prosecutor Kosko. It was also the opinion of the career State Dept officials.

All you have is one sentence clipped from a larger article that you’re pointing to. The rest of the article doesn’t fit your narrative so it was disregarded.

The second half of your post is a subtle walk back. You initially claimed he was definitely investigating. Now you’re claiming no one has any idea what they were doing. Which is it?

The Senate won’t convict. Republicans are afraid of the Trump cultists like you who don’t live in reality anymore.

The Senate will not convict and the House was 100% biased with one member switching parties and another voting "present". Cultists? LOL. No. I am anti Left. Trump triggers you more than any other person I have seen. If it were Mark Cuban then I would have voted for him. People like you are ruining this country and whatever makes you miserable makes me happy.

I work in this area so one of us knows what we are talking about. Hint, its not you.
And given your knowledge, that means it should be trivial for you to cite the relevant law.

Do I look like your first year law professor? Apparently you are a helpless snowflake incapable of educating yourself.
And you claim to know what you’re talking about but push comes to shove you don’t.

Color me surprised.

You really are a little hypocrite. I have beaten you in every single debate we have had on this board. Your opinions do not equal facts.

If I have an opinion, I support it with facts. You’re better than most at supporting your opinion. This other poster makes claims they can’t support.

No. You support it with biased media sources. Here is another fact for you, Leftist.

Are you smarter than Alan Dershowitz too? I actually follow his rhetoric. He is logical, a Democrat, a fellow MA resident and constitutional expert.

Sucker?

The Senate will not convict and the House was 100% biased with one member switching parties and another voting "present". Cultists? LOL. No. I am anti Left. Trump triggers you more than any other person I have seen. If it were Mark Cuban then I would have voted for him. People like you are ruining this country and whatever makes you miserable makes me happy.

You’re straying from facts to politics.

This is all emotion. Look at your post. It’s all emotion, hatred of the left. Trump gives you what you crave. You’re addicted to him.

Now, are you going to get back to the issue or not? Giving up?

If Biden wanted Shokin fired because of his son, how does that explain all the other people who wanted him fired?

Color me surprised.

No. You support it with biased media sources. Here is another fact for you, Leftist.

Are you smarter than Alan Dershowitz too? I actually follow his rhetoric. He is logical, a Democrat, a fellow MA resident and constitutional expert.

Appeal to authority noted. Dershowitz got OJ off. He got a sweetheart deal for Epstein.

Is that the person you want to reference?

Sucker?

This is all emotion. Look at your post. It’s all emotion, hatred of the left. Trump gives you what you crave. You’re addicted to him.

If Biden wanted Shokin fired because of his son, how does that explain all the other people who wanted him fired?

You did not read it. I said if it were Mark Cuban, I would have supported him, anything to trigger communist Leftists like you. Leftists are ruining this country and I will do my best to fight that. Hence I am on this message board frequently. Generally at airports or hotel rooms as I frequently travel for work. I am doing my part in the battle to save this country from their tomfoolery. What other people? That is 100% hearsay and leftist media cover up. Post videos of others saying they wanted him fired and why. The fact that you do not see how the Leftists are ruining this country is laughable. I do not mean Democrats. But that party has been taken over by Leftists. I would say the same about the GOP if it were run by the Alt Right like David Duke. It is not. GOP is run by moderates. If the Democrat party were run by moderates and not loons like Warren, Sanders and the Squad they would have a legitimate shot in the 2020 election. As of now they have a very small chance.

The markets clearly like this President so why would voters turn on him?

Yahoo Finance - Stock Market Live, Quotes, Business & Finance News

Color me surprised.

Appeal to authority noted. Dershowitz got OJ off. He got a sweetheart deal for Epstein.

Dershowitz defends the law not the person. He is a constitutional expert. I 100% want him as a reference, especially since he was a Clinton supporter and a Democrat. He is unbiased.

They mindlessly repeat the notion Biden needs to be investigated but can't explain exactly why based on any specific, credible facts

The point of an investigation is to uncover facts. If someone robbed a bank in your neighborhood and you just happened to upgrade your Geo Storm with a Lamborghini the next day, you may be investigated, even though no facts exist proving your guilt. Same thing happened with Biden. It looks fishy and should be investigated.

Sorry, but that’s not how the constitution works. Before you investigate you need some credible reason. “Looks fishy” doesn’t justify invading someone’s privacy.

Then why did the Democrats start down the road to investigating Trump? There was no more credible reason than there is to investigate Biden. A supposed whistleblower said something? That is there credible reason? If nothing else, after Trump released the transcript of the call, it should have been stopped, but it wasn't. What is "credible" and what is not seems to be rather vague.

Color me surprised.

Dershowitz defends the law not the person. He is a constitutional expert. I 100% want him as a reference, especially since he was a Clinton supporter and a Democrat. He is unbiased.

Unbiased my ass. He’s been an elitist defending the elites his whole career. It’s what’s made him rich and famous. When anyone explains why legally Epstein got handed a sweetheart deal I’ll take his opinion seriously.

It’s still an appeal to authority and a dishonest debate tactic. I can’t even watch a video right now.

If you have an opinion, state it. I can’t debate Dershowitz since he’s not present.

Unbiased my ass. He’s been an elitist defending the elites his whole career. It’s what’s made him rich and famous. When anyone explains why legally Epstein got handed a sweetheart deal I’ll take his opinion seriously.

It’s still an appeal to authority and a dishonest debate tactic. I can’t even watch a video right now.

If you have an opinion, state it. I can’t debate Dershowitz since he’s not present.

When you learn to press play, ping me. The "appeal to authority" is a tie breaker since we cannot agree. Dershowitz said he would vote for Biden so he has no reason to defend DJT. How do you explain why he does? Hmmmmm....

They mindlessly repeat the notion Biden needs to be investigated but can't explain exactly why based on any specific, credible facts

The point of an investigation is to uncover facts. If someone robbed a bank in your neighborhood and you just happened to upgrade your Geo Storm with a Lamborghini the next day, you may be investigated, even though no facts exist proving your guilt. Same thing happened with Biden. It looks fishy and should be investigated.

So the investigation should start with a public smear campaign? If you really were the target of credible allegations the last thing investigators would want to do is give you a heads up that you're is under investigation, right?

In February 2015, Shokin became Ukraine’s prosecutor general, and promised critics of his country’s anti-corruption efforts at home, in the US, and at the International Monetary Fund (IMF) that a clean-up was on the way. And he claimed Burisma was in his sights.

But Shokin’s deputy, Vitaly Kasko, told Bloomberg that the promise was empty rhetoric. According to Kasko, their office did nothing to pursue its investigation into Zlochevsky throughout 2015, and the office was ineffective at reining in corruption generally, leading him to resign in frustration.

Shokin has disputed Kasko’s narrative, but the manner in which he was running his office also concerned the US ambassador to Ukraine, who said publicly in September 2015 that the office was “subverting” the UK’s investigation.

Another cut and paste. Do you ever post your own thoughts? Obviously something odd was happening in Ukraine and Trump asked Zelensky to work with Barr to see what it was. Nothing Burger. You're a loser, Berg. Funny how you avoid my "yes or no" question. Coward.

IDGAF about your thoughts. I deal with what is provable. That Shokin was not investigating Burisma at the time of his firing is a fact. I understand why you don't like that fact...........but your opinion it isn't one is inconsequential to reality.

If it were so black and white then the impeachment would not have been 100% partisan. Explain why it was. Obviously many have a disparate POV. You stupid troll.
That's easy. Congressional Repubs simply refuse to accept the facts in evidence because folks like you refuse to accept the facts in evidence and the former wants to be re-elected. It's a math equation. Something like 90% of Repubs support Trump. If a sitting Repub has any chance at holding on to their seat they must stick their head in their ass and ignore the overwhelming evidence of Trump's guilt. Got it?

So the investigation should start with a public smear campaign? If you really were the target of credible allegations the last thing investigators would want to do is give you a heads up that you're is under investigation, right?

it was democrats that made it public,,,

That's easy. Congressional Repubs simply refuse to accept the facts in evidence because folks like you refuse to accept the facts in evidence and the former wants to be re-elected. It's a math equation. Something like 90% of Repubs support Trump. If a sitting Repub has any chance at holding on to their seat they must stick their head in their ass and ignore the overwhelming evidence of Trump's guilt. Got it?

Let me change your narrative

That's easy. Congressional Democrats (sans 2) simply refuse to accept the facts in evidence because folks like you refuse to accept the facts in evidence. It's a math equation. Something like 90% of Democrats Hate Trump. If a sitting Democrat has any chance at holding on to their seat they must stick their head in their ass and ignore the overwhelming evidence of Trump's innocence. Got it?

You did not read it. I said if it were Mark Cuban, I would have supported him, anything to trigger communist Leftists like you. Leftists are ruining this country and I will do my best to fight that. Hence I am on this message board frequently. Generally at airports or hotel rooms as I frequently travel for work. I am doing my part in the battle to save this country from their tomfoolery. What other people? That is 100% hearsay and leftist media cover up. Post videos of others saying they wanted him fired and why. The fact that you do not see how the Leftists are ruining this country is laughable. I do not mean Democrats. But that party has been taken over by Leftists. I would say the same about the GOP if it were run by the Alt Right like David Duke. It is not. GOP is run by moderates. If the Democrat party were run by moderates and not loons like Warren, Sanders and the Squad they would have a legitimate shot in the 2020 election. As of now they have a very small chance.

If my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle. Who cares about Mark Cuban? He’s not relevant.

You support Trump because he gives you what you need. You will ignore anything that could take Trump away from you.

That’s why you won’t talk about the facts. You’ll talk about your feelings.

If my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle. Who cares about Mark Cuban? He’s not relevant.

You support Trump because he gives you what you need. You will ignore anything that could take Trump away from you.

That’s why you won’t talk about the facts. You’ll talk about your feelings.

You misunderstand because you're dumb. It is less Trump but more a figurehead. I used Cuban as just an example and being a Leftist your aunt can just identify as a man, doesn't need balls to be your uncle. Leftists are very odd in that way. I support anyone who is anti Left. I have zero allegiance to DJT. I was actually strongly considering voting for Tulsi Gabbard, someone your party called a "Russian Asset". LOL. I only discuss facts. It is a fact that Leftists are ruining this country. You are the epitome of one. You vilify the Alt Right but people like you are just as bad.

it was democrats that made it public,,,

A public announcement of a Ukrainian Investigation into the Bidens by the new Ukrainian President was Trumpybears' demand in the Shakedown Scheme.

Forum List

Back