Everyone in the U.S. should be required to serve in the military.

KudoZ

Oct 23, 2012
There should be a draft again. And I mean for everyone. No college deferments or others. Females are equal now, right? People say, thank you for serving but they don't have a clue about what they are saying until they have been there. This should be at least two years and I don't mean reserves like "W" did during Nam days.
I guarantee that the U.S. will stop starting all the wars around the world. The pampered kids in this country will be forced to wake up and pay attention to what's going on around the world. It would enlighten and greate voters. Things would change because it would wake up the American public and give them something more important than weekends, boats, bar-b-ques, and tail-gating.
Can you imagine the entire American public getting an education beyond High School?
Anyone running for the Pres. and Commander In Chief should be required to have at least 6 years as an Officer in any branch especially in a combat role before being eligible.

Last edited:
Not the most ridiculous idea. I would settle on the random chance of a draft. Perhaps make it greater when the military budget is more than xx% of GDP or something.

More of a social tool than a military one as our army is functioning well on a volunteer basis.

Six months, not two years. And disaster aid training equal to military training. I think that this would be a good thing for the nation. In fact, it would not hurt to reopen the idea of the old CCC's. Our forests need thinning, and much more work, and having young men and women living in the outdoors doing this kind of work would be good for them and good for the nation.

Maybe a draft into the military is a good idea for everyone and we'd have a country more like we were last time we had a draft.

So how many of you liberals and losertarians served in the military.....I'm guessing 0.

I think it would be excellent if we brought back the CCC and had mandatory service for all 18-year olds for one or two years in this service or the armed forces. Think of how much better our society would be. All segments of our society working together to improve our communities. The rich with the poor, the city kids with the country kids, all races, all classes. And we could provide them with educational opportunities and a jump start into their adulthood.

Absolutely we need more trianed killers with PTSD and other mental problems.

Ahhhh, look at the communist rambling on....and they will chant songs for the black messiah while they wear the same uniform.

I'm guessing you admire the Khmer Rouge.

I think it would be excellent if we brought back the CCC and had mandatory service for all 18-year olds for one or two years in this service or the armed forces. Think of how much better our society would be. All segments of our society working together to improve our communities. The rich with the poor, the city kids with the country kids, all races, all classes. And we could provide them with educational opportunities and a jump start into their adulthood.

So how many of you liberals and losertarians served in the military.....I'm guessing 0.

I don't have to guess that you are one stupid asshole. I have that little peice of paper, dd214, that says honorable. As many others of all political persuasions on this board do. You find liberals, libertarians, conservatives, and every other kind of American serving our nation. The fact that you try to denigrate anyone that does not agree with your insanity simply brands that foolishness for what it is.

The military doesn't need scum like you dragging it down with court martials....

Ahhhh, look at the communist rambling on....and they will chant songs for the black messiah while they wear the same uniform.

What?

So dumbfuck....you claim to own a DD214 yet have no problem putting the misfits of society on the backs of the US military.

It isn't a welfare training camp, it is a fighting machine that needs people that show up for work at the specific time, people that stay in shape, people that don't break the law, people that don't use drugs, etc, etc, etc.....

Your experiment was tried in Vietnam....that is why we lost that war.

I don't have to guess that you are one stupid asshole. I have that little peice of paper, dd214, that says honorable. As many others of all political persuasions on this board do. You find liberals, libertarians, conservatives, and every other kind of American serving our nation. The fact that you try to denigrate anyone that does not agree with your insanity simply brands that foolishness for what it is.

Guess what moron...this is a FREE country.

Crazy people like you can't force Joe Schmoe to join your community club, wear a uniform, chant Obamination songs, and clean the streets at 5am....it's called personal freedom.

What?

Crazy people like you can't force Joe Schmoe to join your community club, wear a uniform, chant Obamination songs, and clean the streets at 5am....it's called personal freedom.

What?

What the fuck is this silly cocksucker rambling about? Can anyone here translate this retard for me?

I noticed you deleted your rant about making people join groups in their community.....typical.

If you want to clean up your trailer park, get adult sized Brownie uniforms and do it yourself. You can play Obamination love songs over your PA system while you sweep the dirt roads around your trailer park.

Just don't think you're going to get others in your state to join your cult.

What the fuck is this silly cocksucker rambling about? Can anyone here translate this retard for me?

There should be a draft again. And I mean for everyone. No college deferments or others. Females are equal now, right? People say, thank you for serving but they don't have a clue about what they are saying until they have been there. This should be at least two years and I don't mean reserves like "W" did during Nam days.
I guarantee that the U.S. will stop starting all the wars around the world. The pampered kids in this country will be forced to wake up and pay attention to what's going on around the world. It would enlighten and greate voters. Things would change because it would wake up the American public and give them something more important than weekends, boats, bar-b-ques, and tail-gating.
Can you imagine the entire American public getting an education beyond High School?
Anyone running for the Pres. and Commander In Chief should be required to have at least 6 years as an Officer in any branch especially in a combat role before being eligible.

"Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction." - 13th Amendment

I have to disagree with you here. First, very few in a military that is not off on Bush type adventures would ever see combat. And if there were ever to arise another Third Reich type nation, we will need people trained in military matters.

Second, our military has been instrumental in aid to disaster victims world wide. Our heavy lift bases overseas should be permant features, with other natons helping with the upkeep. When Mexico suffered that catastrophic earthquake, the Russians used their huge transport aircraft to ferry supplies to that stricken nation, landing and taking off at McChord Air Force base.

This should be the primary duty of our and the other large nations militaries in the future, with only and occasional swat at some tinpot dictator that tries to extend his insanity outside of his border.

I noticed you deleted your rant about making people join groups in their community.....typical.

If you want to clean up your trailer park, get adult sized Brownie uniforms and do it yourself. You can play Obamination love songs over your PA system while you sweep the dirt roads around your trailer park.

Just don't think you're going to get others in your state to join your cult.

...What? I didn't delete any posts. I'd honestly love to respond to you but you're just posting absolute lunacy. There really isn't an appropriate response except to tell you to seek help. You're not even posting conservative or right wing ideals, you're just posting insanity right now.

I have to disagree with you here. First, very few in a military that is not off on Bush type adventures would ever see combat. And if there were ever to arise another Third Reich type nation, we will need people trained in military matters.

Second, our military has been instrumental in aid to disaster victims world wide. Our heavy lift bases overseas should be permant features, with other natons helping with the upkeep. When Mexico suffered that catastrophic earthquake, the Russians used their huge transport aircraft to ferry supplies to that stricken nation, landing and taking off at McChord Air Force base.

This should be the primary duty of our and the other large nations militaries in the future, with only and occasional swat at some tinpot dictator that tries to extend his insanity outside of his border.

So we are to be the police force for the world and be into nationbuilding?
Guess what, we cannot afford that.

Forum List

Back