Everyone hates the Oregon Ducks

I agree 100% with the thread title.

They can't even take a beating without attacking the other team. Go Broncos!!

I remember that.

Also put up posters in USCs hood when USC was down - and put up posters of Joey H. in NYC Times Square in 2001.

I can't wait until the 8 team playoff (I would prefer 16 with less regular season games with the championship on new years day) is a reality.

FBS football has the most anti-climatic conclusion to the season of all sports. New Years day at least used to mean something in college football, not really anymore, there's 2 or 3 games after new years now.

The 4 team playoff is a start.

I have a good friend who went to school at Oregon many years ago. One day I asked him why they chose the 'Duck' as a mascot.

He said, "Well, if it quacked like a Duck, but looked like a Beaver, that wouldn't make much sense at all."

I can't wait until the 8 team playoff (I would prefer 16 with less regular season games with the championship on new years day) is a reality.

FBS football has the most anti-climatic conclusion to the season of all sports. New Years day at least used to mean something in college football, not really anymore, there's 2 or 3 games after new years now.

Teams could play a short regular season schedule if they would drop all the powder puff teams that they play before conference schedule starts.

For example Oklahoma played FAMU (Family U?)
Alabama plays teams like Western Texas, Florida Atlantic and Western Carolina
LSU plays North Texas and Idaho

Give me a break, all these teams and other are doing is padding their records for the polls and the majority are played at home.

Teams could play a short regular season schedule if they would drop all the powder puff teams that they play before conference schedule starts.

Give me a break, all these teams and other are doing is padding their records for the polls and the majority are played at home.

Yep, Alabama does play some cupcake out-of-conference teams. And of course we play them at home because they don't have the facilities to handle our crowds.

We usually have two cupcakes on our schedule. But when we make the schedule there is no way to tell who will be a powerhouse team that year.

Alabama also plays LSU, Auburn, Arkansas, and MS State every year. Of those 4, two have won National Championships in recent years, one has been ranked in the top 10 the last few years, and one is ranked & undefeated this year.

Of course the PAC-12 teams don't schedule cupcakes. Oregon playing the Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles was a meeting of powerhouses.

Yep, Alabama does play some cupcake out-of-conference teams. And of course we play them at home because they don't have the facilities to handle our crowds.

We usually have two cupcakes on our schedule. But when we make the schedule there is no way to tell who will be a powerhouse team that year.

Alabama also plays LSU, Auburn, Arkansas, and MS State every year. Of those 4, two have won National Championships in recent years, one has been ranked in the top 10 the last few years, and one is ranked & undefeated this year.

Of course the PAC-12 teams don't schedule cupcakes. Oregon playing the Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles was a meeting of powerhouses.

If they don't have the facilities to hand the possible crowds, don't play them. Play more teams like Oklahoma, USC or teams on that level that do play good non conference teams on the road, that attracts large crowds away from home with a home and home schedule.

But some conference play a schedule according to the Greyhound bus schedule like the Big East, SEC and ACC. At least the Big 12, Big 10 and PAC 12 are willing to travel across country.

I understand when you have a power house team some team don't want to play you and the division II schools who play the top teams do it for the money knowing they are likely be killed in the process. When was the last time Alabama played a non conference game away from home? Once, twice in the last three years.

When was teams like Western Texas, Florida Atlantic and Western Carolina ever consider a power house? Even at their own level.

But you are right and I don't support any major conference team playing division II teams no matter who they are.

Oregon up 43-7 on the road against Arizona State
329 yards rushing

Only the first half

Last edited:

If they don't have the facilities to hand the possible crowds, don't play them. Play more teams like Oklahoma, USC or teams on that level that do play good non conference teams on the road, that attracts large crowds away from home with a home and home schedule.

But some conference play a schedule according to the Greyhound bus schedule like the Big East, SEC and ACC. At least the Big 12, Big 10 and PAC 12 are willing to travel across country.

I understand when you have a power house team some team don't want to play you and the division II schools who play the top teams do it for the money knowing they are likely be killed in the process. When was the last time Alabama played a non conference game away from home? Once, twice in the last three years.

When was teams like Western Texas, Florida Atlantic and Western Carolina ever consider a power house? Even at their own level.

But you are right and I don't support any major conference team playing division II teams no matter who they are.

When was the last time we played a non-conference game away from home? How about Sept of this year? Dallas TX is certainly not a home field for us, and Michigan is not a cupcake (by most people's standards).

Everyone hates the Oregon Ducks

'Everyone' is alot of people. There are probably 1 or 2 people on the planet Earth who have no idea who the Oregon Ducks are.

When was the last time we played a non-conference game away from home? How about Sept of this year? Dallas TX is certainly not a home field for us, and Michigan is not a cupcake (by most people's standards).

I never said Alabama didn't play non-conference games away from home, in fact I said they did, but just not often.
The Big 10 or whatever they call them selves haven't had a decent team in about four or five years. Sure they have teams with good records but look at the number of non-BCS teams they play. The Big 10 play more puff teams then any conference in the country, but I will give them credit for playing some good teams away from home also.

The Punk Ducks will get their cumupance.

I think ND could run the table - I really do.

Team of Destiny.

If Notre, what their name, was to play the Oregon Ducks it will have to travel thru OK and SC for that chance. And I say fat chance....
I wouldn't be surprised that ND stumbles against one or more of their next three opponents after OK, all three are real powder puffs.
Then comes Southern Cal on the road.

I rooted for Auburn to beat Oregon in the reg season , rooted for LSU to beat Oregon, rooted for Ohio St to beat them in the Rose Bowl, rooted for Wisconsin to beat them in the RB , and would root for Bama to beat Oregon.

They are a no-class program.

PS - I rooted for Phiily 76ers to beat the Portland Trailblazers in the1977 NBA finals.

I have a feeling you root for the Cleveland Browns, Houston Astros and the Chicago Cubs also.

Forum List

Back