Everyone cries about the poor, what have "you" done to help?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Everyone wants to use the poor as a political football. But who among you actually help the poor beyond your rhetoric?

The money Uncle Sam redistributes to the poor is so pillfered and misused that it only enables them to remain poor in many cases. So do you actually walk the talk?

Personally for a few years now my company has been donating to habitat for humanity. It's not a lot but its far more productive than any govt subsidized housing program.

Edit: since some seem incapable of reading beyond 3 posts let me be clear. I DONATE MY TIME. Kinda thought that would be obvious. Lol

Last edited:

I am helping poor spellers on message boards. They tend to resist alot.

• Banned

I am helping poor spellers on message boards. They tend to resist alot.

LOL, did I goof again? In my defense I'm on my EVO and it spells what it thinks I want and I often don't even notice. Plus each key is like a 1/4 inch wide.

Everyone wants to use the poor as a political football. But who among you actually help the poor beyond your rhetoric?

Personally for a few years now my company has been donating to habitat for humanity. It's not a lot but its far more productive than any govt subsidized housing program.

"Your company" doesn't count. What about your own time and resources?

The money Uncle Sam redistributes to the poor is so pillfered and misused that it only enables them to remain poor in many cases. So do you actually walk the talk?

I volunteer as a drug and alchohol counselor at a local homeles shelter as well as a local psychaitric hospital. I've volunteered to push financially strapped seniors around the state fair every year in their wheelchairs through my church. And I hate incompasionate conservatives and fair weather liberals.

• Banned

I am a small business. Myself and my lead man donate everything ourselves. Trying to get my kids involved. Would like to be more involved but finding the time that works for them can be tricky.

I am a small business. Myself and my lead man donate everything ourselves. Trying to get my kids involved. Would like to be more involved but finding the time that works for them can be tricky.

On a related topic, are you at all bothered that Habitat for Humanity was founded by a "Liberal Democrat?"

On a related topic, are you at all bothered that Habitat for Humanity was founded by a "Liberal Democrat?"

Who cares? The KKK was founded by democrats too, what the hell?

I volunteer with Habitat for Humanity(pounding nails, sawing boards), and I also volunteer with our local chapter of the Red Cross(helping organize material donations like clothes, toys, etc...and am also a CPR instructor)...finally, our church sponsors two children. One in Honduras, one in Louisiana with financial help.

my occupation itself is working with people that cannot help themselves. I work with the Profoundly Developmentally Disabled. I know, that's my job that I get paid for... but I think it still counts somewhat.

my occupation itself is working with people that cannot help themselves. I work with the Profoundly Developmentally Disabled. I know, that's my job that I get paid for... but I think it still counts somewhat.
Working with the DD, even if you get paid, totaly counts!!!!

The one person I know who does the same thing for Santa Cruz county out here is underpaid if you ask me. From what he tells me...the mental extremes the job puts him through are not something just anyone could do.

Gee, how kind of you that your company donates to a charity, and takes a write off.

Gee, how kind of you that your company donates to a charity, and takes a write off.

My company donates to several charities and takes the writeoff. It's the law and it helps the special olympics PLUS I volunteer some of my time when I'm not working.

Working with the DD, even if you get paid, totaly counts!!!!

The one person I know who does the same thing for Santa Cruz county out here is underpaid if you ask me. From what he tells me...the mental extremes the job puts him through are not something just anyone could do.

Thank you. It is by far the most rewarding job I ever had... but it is a stress pit quite often.

CaféAuLait;3933806 said:

Idiot remark.
January 1, 1866
The Ku Klux Klan is established.

"The name Ku Klux Klan refers to two racist terrorist organizations in the U.S. The first was organized by veterans of the Confederate army, first as a social club and then as a secret means of resisting Reconstruction and restoring white domination over newly enfranchised blacks. Dressed in white robes and sheets, Klansmen whipped and killed freedmen and their white supporters in nighttime raids. It had largely accomplished its goals by the 1870s before gradually fading away. The second KKK arose in 1915, partly out of nostalgia for the Old South and partly out of fear of the rise of communism in Russia and the changing ethnic character of U.S. society. It counted Catholics, Jews, foreigners, and labor unions among its enemies. Its membership peaked in the 1920s at more than four million, but during the Great Depression the organization gradually declined. It became active again during the civil rights movement of the 1960s, attacking blacks and white civil rights workers with bombings, whippings, and shootings. By the end of the 20th century, growing racial tolerance had reduced its numbers to a few thousand."

History WORKS

LINK: History WORKS Timeline -- The Ku Klux Klan is established.

The KKK is not part of the Democratic Party nor the Repubican Party, it is the KKK. If you need a label, label it Reactionary, i.e. Uber-Conservative.

CaféAuLait;3933806 said:

You and I don't care, but Grampa professes to loathe "liberal Democrats." That's why his opinion on the topic might have some significance.

No, that's obsurd. In fact I would love to work on a project "with" carter. Although I doubt he does much at his age now.

I don't write off my time you jackass. Not everything has to be looked at through ideological lenses ya know. Christ

Forum List

Back