Every Man Shall Kneel Before You...

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by LuvRPgrl, Nov 16, 2005.

1. LuvRPgrl

LuvRPgrl Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +206
    I have to go to work, so I dont have time to look up the exact wording, but one Biblical scripture states

all men shall kneel before you and declare you LORD.

Now, I have also read a line in scripture that relates to it. I have only been pondering this posistion for a short while.

What Im interested in is opinions on exactly what this means.

Ok, Powerman and HAGGY, I will pre print your responses, so you dont need to bother.

Powerman: Any one who even remotley believes that might be true is an idiot.

Haggy: And why dont you think that applies to Hercules too? Why isnt it we shall all declare Budda lord of all?

Ok, now for serious replies. I have read something people often say they have never read in the Bible, it may be one of the most interesting lines in the Bible ever written.

2. The ClayTaurus

The ClayTaurus Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    You literally just did the exact same thing that Powerman did with his thread.

What is it with you people?

3. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    You are talking about Romans Chapter 14.

Specifically verse 11:

11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

I think that later verses in the same chapter are more significant:

13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way. 14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

That line talks about the belief of evil is the creation of evil. If you believe something to be a sin then it is.

Amazingly in other gospels that were not included in the Bible, specifically the Gnostic Texts as well as the incomplete Gospel of Mary Magdalene there are further allusions to this and in more depth.

4. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    I'll second Clay's opinion that you have committed the same error that Powerman did.

But, I'll answer. Here's the exact Scripture:
    Phillipians 2:9-11 (ESV): "Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

This shows that all people, Christian, Buddhist, atheist, and everyone else alike, will one day confess Jesus Christ's lordship. Many will have already confessed it on earth; many others will come face to face with Him for the first time on that day.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    Often times, I find that to be the case with what comes before and after too.

6. Powerman

Powerman Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I was actually considering doing some research and finding a good response. Apparently I get under her skin.

7. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    I'd like to see that. Whenever you stick to good, polite, intelligent responses, it's actually quite good.

Anyway, I'll second the opinion of a few others that this means that no matter how devout into another religion or how avowed an atheist somebody is, one day, they will be shown the truth and be forced to acknowledge Christ's divinity, whether they really want to admit it or not.

Before anybody asks, this isn't really a happy thought. I'd rather somebody acknowledge Christ before he has to press the issue. If somebody doesn't see Christ as Lord before that day comes, it'll be time for a very unpleasant eternity.

8. Powerman

Powerman Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39
    You could be right. And you could be wrong. What do oyu think will happen when the people who didn't believe in Jesus are shown his divinity?

9. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    According to Jesus, they are in for eternal punishment.

10. Powerman

Powerman Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39
    But I thought that Jesus was a merciful and forgiving God?

What about people of other religions. They are taught to be just as faithful as you are to yours. Doesn't sound too fair to me. When you consider that your religion has more to do with where you were born than anything else...