Every Man Shall Kneel Before You...

LuvRPgrl

Aug 11, 2005
I have to go to work, so I dont have time to look up the exact wording, but one Biblical scripture states

all men shall kneel before you and declare you LORD.

Now, I have also read a line in scripture that relates to it. I have only been pondering this posistion for a short while.

What Im interested in is opinions on exactly what this means.

Ok, Powerman and HAGGY, I will pre print your responses, so you dont need to bother.

Powerman: Any one who even remotley believes that might be true is an idiot.

Haggy: And why dont you think that applies to Hercules too? Why isnt it we shall all declare Budda lord of all?

Ok, now for serious replies. I have read something people often say they have never read in the Bible, it may be one of the most interesting lines in the Bible ever written.

LuvRPgrl said:
I have to go to work, so I dont have time to look up the exact wording, but one Biblical scripture states

Now, I have also read a line in scripture that relates to it. I have only been pondering this posistion for a short while.

Ok, Powerman and HAGGY, I will pre print your responses, so you dont need to bother.

Haggy: And why dont you think that applies to Hercules too? Why isnt it we shall all declare Budda lord of all?

Ok, now for serious replies. I have read something people often say they have never read in the Bible, it may be one of the most interesting lines in the Bible ever written.

You literally just did the exact same thing that Powerman did with his thread.

What is it with you people?

You are talking about Romans Chapter 14.

Specifically verse 11:

11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

I think that later verses in the same chapter are more significant:

13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way. 14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

That line talks about the belief of evil is the creation of evil. If you believe something to be a sin then it is.

Amazingly in other gospels that were not included in the Bible, specifically the Gnostic Texts as well as the incomplete Gospel of Mary Magdalene there are further allusions to this and in more depth.

LuvRPgrl said:

I'll second Clay's opinion that you have committed the same error that Powerman did.

But, I'll answer. Here's the exact Scripture:
Phillipians 2:9-11 (ESV): "Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

This shows that all people, Christian, Buddhist, atheist, and everyone else alike, will one day confess Jesus Christ's lordship. Many will have already confessed it on earth; many others will come face to face with Him for the first time on that day.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
The ClayTaurus said:

I was actually considering doing some research and finding a good response. Apparently I get under her skin.

Powerman said:
I was actually considering doing some research and finding a good response. Apparently I get under her skin.

I'd like to see that. Whenever you stick to good, polite, intelligent responses, it's actually quite good.

Anyway, I'll second the opinion of a few others that this means that no matter how devout into another religion or how avowed an atheist somebody is, one day, they will be shown the truth and be forced to acknowledge Christ's divinity, whether they really want to admit it or not.

Before anybody asks, this isn't really a happy thought. I'd rather somebody acknowledge Christ before he has to press the issue. If somebody doesn't see Christ as Lord before that day comes, it'll be time for a very unpleasant eternity.

Hobbit said:
I'd like to see that. Whenever you stick to good, polite, intelligent responses, it's actually quite good.

Anyway, I'll second the opinion of a few others that this means that no matter how devout into another religion or how avowed an atheist somebody is, one day, they will be shown the truth and be forced to acknowledge Christ's divinity, whether they really want to admit it or not.

Before anybody asks, this isn't really a happy thought. I'd rather somebody acknowledge Christ before he has to press the issue. If somebody doesn't see Christ as Lord before that day comes, it'll be time for a very unpleasant eternity.

You could be right. And you could be wrong. What do oyu think will happen when the people who didn't believe in Jesus are shown his divinity?

Powerman said:
You could be right. And you could be wrong. What do oyu think will happen when the people who didn't believe in Jesus are shown his divinity?

According to Jesus, they are in for eternal punishment.

gop_jeff said:
According to Jesus, they are in for eternal punishment.

But I thought that Jesus was a merciful and forgiving God?

What about people of other religions. They are taught to be just as faithful as you are to yours. Doesn't sound too fair to me. When you consider that your religion has more to do with where you were born than anything else...

Powerman said:

What about people of other religions. They are taught to be just as faithful as you are to yours. Doesn't sound too fair to me. When you consider that your religion has more to do with where you were born than anything else...
You have to ask for forgiveness, not expect it. I learned that much from Sunday School, the few times I went...

Powerman said:

What happens to people who have never heard of Jesus has been a theological debate for centuries, and I'm no theologan. However, I know that the Bible clearly spells out that those who hear the word and reject it get eternal punishment. Why this is so is also a theological debate. Basically, the idea is that those with sin on them cannot enter heaven because heaven is perfect and imperfect beings cannot enter. Jesus was the sacrifice and took all sin away. However, this isn't something that is forced. It must be asked for. Those who do not ask for it aren't purified. Impure people can't go to heaven. That's how I heard it, anyway, but like I said before, I'm no theologan.

The ClayTaurus said:

I was being sarcastic......

Powerman said:

"her"????

No, you didnt get under my skin. I was just joking, sheesh,

and Im not looking for responses per se, but for peoples opinions on what exactly this means.

Sounds like eventually everyone will admit Jesus is Lord, does this also mean everyone will be saved eventually and end up in heaven/

How does this work with "and for everyman there is death, and then the day of judgement"?

Hobbit said:
What happens to people who have never heard of Jesus has been a theological debate for centuries, and I'm no theologan. However, I know that the Bible clearly spells out that those who hear the word and reject it get eternal punishment. Why this is so is also a theological debate. Basically, the idea is that those with sin on them cannot enter heaven because heaven is perfect and imperfect beings cannot enter. Jesus was the sacrifice and took all sin away. However, this isn't something that is forced. It must be asked for. Those who do not ask for it aren't purified. Impure people can't go to heaven. That's how I heard it, anyway, but like I said before, I'm no theologan.

maybe not a theologian, but thats a pretty straight forward, easy to understand, concise, yet complete explanation.

Forum List

Back