Every death in Afghanistan from this point forward is on Obamas hands

Something to keep in mind is that Congress keeps funding this. If Congress told the president (whomever it may be) that the funding stops in sixty days, you can bet we'd be out in sixty days.

Of course, nobody in charge over in Congress has the balls to do that, so ... :dunno:

I just don't understand why we are still there. Polls are against it. Many in congress are against it (on both sides). Obama campaigned against it (sort of). Yet here we sit stuck in the mud.......

Wtf
They're politicians. What more do you need to know?

Military-industrial complex, my friend.

Something to keep in mind is that Congress keeps funding this. If Congress told the president (whomever it may be) that the funding stops in sixty days, you can bet we'd be out in sixty days.

Of course, nobody in charge over in Congress has the balls to do that, so ... :dunno:

I just don't understand why we are still there. Polls are against it. Many in congress are against it (on both sides). Obama campaigned against it (sort of). Yet here we sit stuck in the mud.......

Wtf
Wars are lost by politicians, not our military.

Agreed.

The blood, deaths, missing body parts, destroyed minds, ruined families and missing dads, not to mention the wasted money, is the responsibility of the person who put us there in the first place. If it were not for him NONE of this would be happening. NONE of it.

This bullshit spin is an insult. The horror was just fine before. Sickening.

Only thing is it wasn't just booosh. What about all those Democrats who voted to go to war too??

Anyone who voted for it was wrong. But Bush was the Commander in Chief. He pushed like hell for it. He's responsible. The buck stops in one place.

so that buck doesn't show up on Obama's desk?......it just stopped?.....its his buck now....and what he does with it will either put him in the same hole as Bush....or elevate himself as a better leader.....and he will probably have 4 more years to either spend it or put it away for the next hapless person to become the President....

Deal.

Which means all the deaths PRIOR to this are on Bush's.

11 years of failure.

No.

Iraq was a war of choice. Bush had no option except to go into Afghanistan. I think we stayed too long--due largely to the war of choice in Iraq--but any CIC would have done what Bush did in Afghanistan.

Think.

Wtf

Precisely, and that was the point I was trying to make earlier. Our military forces can only operate within the constraints imposed on them by their civilian commanders, and ultimately by the politicians in congress and the White House. The problem is that what may be good political policy, is not necessarily good military policy. I'm afraid that may be the case in this instance.

I was taught when I was an officer to trust the system, even when it did not appear to make sense; and after seeing the effect on morale of the lack of public support back home, I have always tried to be as supportive as possible of whatever mission our troops have been given, no matter who the C-in-C happened to be. However, I was also taught that a commander at any level has a responsibility for the lives of the troops under his command, and a duty to not waste those lives unnecessarily. Continuing to follow policies which have repeatedly failed, while hoping for a different result, falls in the latter category. It is one thing to expend lives in the pursuit of victory with some realistic expectation of success, and quite another to expend those lives in pursuit of an objective within constraints that have only resulted in continued failure, without any sign or reasonable expectation of improvement. Our troops have been magnificent; they have done all we asked them to do; but what we have asked them to do has not worked. I cannot, in good conscience, support any further waste of their blood; either the mission and strategy must change, or it must be abandoned, no matter whose political ox is gored. Affixing and apportioning the blame can wait; addressing this continuing failure and waste cannot.

Wtf

Precisely, and that was the point I was trying to make earlier. Our military forces can only operate within the constraints imposed on them by their civilian commanders, and ultimately by the politicians in congress and the White House. The problem is that what may be good political policy, is not necessarily good military policy. I'm afraid that may be the case in this instance.

I was taught when I was an officer to trust the system, even when it did not appear to make sense; and after seeing the effect on morale of the lack of public support back home, I have always tried to be as supportive as possible of whatever mission our troops have been given, no matter who the C-in-C happened to be. However, I was also taught that a commander at any level has a responsibility for the lives of the troops under his command, and a duty to not waste those lives unnecessarily. Continuing to follow policies which have repeatedly failed, while hoping for a different result, falls in the latter category. It is one thing to expend lives in the pursuit of victory with some realistic expectation of success, and quite another to expend those lives in pursuit of an objective within constraints that have only resulted in continued failure, without any sign or reasonable expectation of improvement. Our troops have been magnificent; they have done all we asked them to do; but what we have asked them to do has not worked. I cannot, in good conscience, support any further waste of their blood; either the mission and strategy must change, or it must be abandoned, no matter whose political ox is gored. Affixing and apportioning the blame can wait; addressing this continuing failure and waste cannot.

Good post and your right. Our army has been magnificent through both Iraq and Astan. What more could we ask of those men and woman?? Lets bring em home.

We are beating a dead horse in Astan.

Wtf

Thank you loser

pretty low to put embarrassing personal financial information on someone who hasn't done anything to your bitch ass on a public forum, by the way.

military-industrial-complex, shake my head, idiot, asshole.

Wtf

Thank you loser

pretty low to put embarrassing personal financial information on someone who hasn't done anything to your bitch ass on a public forum, by the way.

Um ... what?

Thank you loser

Um ... what?

the fake military guy...ring a bell?
What "personal financial information" of his did I publish?

Further, how is any of this remotely relevant to the topic at hand?

Um ... what?

It's not that's why I said by the way, sherlock. You know what you put out there . I'm not condoning his lies, but I thought you were an asshole for posting that. I tried to PM you, but you had turned it off.

It's not that's why I said by the way, sherlock. You know what you put out there . I'm not condoning his lies, but I thought you were an asshole for posting that. I tried to PM you, but you had turned it off.
After maligning people who were legitimately attacking his veracity, I mentioned that he had judgments against him. Judgments are part of the public record. Even someone as dumb as you could have found it using Google.

By the way, I didn't know I had PM's turned off until the other day, but I guess it worked out okay if I didn't have to listen to you whine about this. :thup:

After maligning people who were legitimately attacking his veracity, I mentioned that he had judgments against him. Judgments are part of the public record. Even someone as dumb as you could have found it using Google.

By the way, I didn't know I had PM's turned off until the other day, but I guess it worked out okay if I didn't have to listen to you whine about this. :thup:

many unflattering things about you, I'm sure are public knowledge, but to expose them to people here would be wrong. I'm done crackerjoke.

Forum List

Back